MHDT Havana DAC
Jun 8, 2010 at 7:11 AM Post #1,007 of 2,680
My preference is the JJ6386; Smoother, more extended en bigger soundstage then my JW WE 396.

Jun 9, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #1,013 of 2,680
freakmax, you will find lot of upgrade ideas in the thread ref. tube rolling, dacs rolling, caps, resistors, power supply etc. Almost all of them work, believe me. Just be persistant and go step by step always ready to go back in case you do not see an improvment. I have taken out all the caps one by one listening some time after any replacement. Otherwise you will loose the base. Have a look at the mods in the net as well.

Jun 10, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #1,014 of 2,680
Thanks for your info, naimax.
beerchug.gif

I never do any mod before .I'm not skillful with this kind of thing.
Maybe it's time to start learning.

Jun 10, 2010 at 3:00 AM Post #1,015 of 2,680
Hm, than you better get some experience soldering. Delicate job, you can spoil the unit or PCB by unexperiensed move. In the meantime you can enjoy rolling tubes and dacs. Freely ask for assistance.
Cheers.

Jun 23, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #1,017 of 2,680

Quote:
The Havana DAC continues to rock my ****!! Especially with all my custom fuses and silver wiring and caps! ...

Thank you s1rrah and others for mentioning the fuse upgrade. I am amazed how much of a difference it makes. Tried the stock fuse, an AHP, a Hifi-tuning gold caps and a Padis (Fututech) fuse, all treated with Mapleshade's Silclear. The Padis is most to my taste; most transparent and grip on the sound in all frequency ranges. Tried them with both very good and less good recordings.
A very good DAC became even better :wink:

Jun 23, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #1,019 of 2,680

Quote:
Hi Rudivanb,
Nice to share your experience, thanks !
Have you installed a Padis 0,5 A instead of 0,4 as originally mounted in the Havana /since Furutech do not have 0,4 A/ ?
Regards

Thank you for the welcome Niamex. Using 315 mA, because power here is 230VAC think I can use a bit lower value. Am wondering though what I would hear if using the same brand / type in a higher value, like 0.5A

Users who are viewing this thread

Back