MHDT Havana DAC
Mar 3, 2010 at 4:37 PM Post #871 of 2,680
I just received shipment confirmation and a reply to my email about the difference between the price listed on their website and the price on ebay. The price difference is due to the ebay charges incurred. My suggestion is to buy directly to avoid any confusion.

So, just letting people know that I did receive communication today. I don't know what that means for everyone else.

Mar 3, 2010 at 4:42 PM Post #872 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by AcousticDreams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also tried to contact them a few weeks ago, but no answer at all. These people isn't willing to answer technical questions, that is reason enough for me to stop dealing with them. Communication is normally part of the service, in this case is it probably more a barrier.
tongue.gif

what contact address are you using?

Mar 3, 2010 at 7:35 PM Post #873 of 2,680
I've contacted them through eBay. I got answers but I didn’t get an answer to my final follow-up question. It’s that answer I’ve been waiting for in 2 weeks lol. I will probably buy a Havana DAC but well…I want my answer. I’ve just recently sent another e-mail just to be sure. At this point I feel a bit ignored
frown.gif

Mar 3, 2010 at 8:42 PM Post #874 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what contact address are you using?

I used mhdtgang@yahoo.com repeatedly.

Mar 7, 2010 at 7:33 AM Post #876 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by classfolkphile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ordered the Jensen caps to replace the stock MHDT input caps. Should arrive this week and hopefully I'll be able to have them installed by next weekend.

Please update once it is done ya. I am happy with the V-Caps installed though.

Mar 7, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #877 of 2,680
I have a question. How do you think the sound would be affected if I replace the coax jack with a BNC jack on the Havana? Would it result in any noticeable difference at all?

Mar 8, 2010 at 12:58 PM Post #879 of 2,680
My Havana is on the way.

I am planning on JW 396A and LM Erricson 2C51 tubes from tubeworld.com

I need a power cord, usb cable and a TOSLINK fiber optic cable.

Can you suggest me a single buyer on the internet where I can buy all from one guy so that I can save shipping costs.

My Budget is not high. In the range of $50.00

Thanks
Pandu

Mar 8, 2010 at 3:48 PM Post #880 of 2,680
What is your opinion on Cryo Tubes in Tubeworld.com

Mar 8, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #881 of 2,680
MHDT Labs contacted me today and answered my question(s) (or well partly, the rest I figured out when I was waiting for a replay). Better late than never
wink.gif
Apparently they are busy planning and organizing audio shows in Shanghai and Munich. I would definitely attend that if I had the opportunity.
Anyway, my Havana is on the way with a BNC jack instead of a coax jack. I’m planning to buy M2Tech hiFace USB --> S/PDIF (BNC) later on
smily_headphones1.gif
Damn, I’m excited
biggrin.gif

Mar 8, 2010 at 10:54 PM Post #882 of 2,680
My Havana is in the country and trying to be delivered. I purchased two NOS Western Electric 396A tubes from two different sources and they have arrived.

My question is that one says "2C51/396A" and one just says "396A"...does this just mean two different manufacturing "eras" or is one tube genuinely different than the other?

Thanks!

Mar 9, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #883 of 2,680
Also, how do I track with EMS? It shows that it got to Chicago, was released to the destination office, and one failed delivery attempt on the 6th. However, I still haven't received it. Would it be at my local USPS office? I just don't know how to handle it once it's here...andy help would be appreciated.

Mar 12, 2010 at 3:39 PM Post #885 of 2,680
I just received my Havana, talk about quick delivery : o I’m really pleased, it’s a very engaging DAC and definitely an upgrade from KECES DA-151.
When I have some more money over I will buy the hiFace, a good BNC cable, other tubes etc. If it sounds good through USB I can’t image how it sounds through BNC : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back