MHDT Havana DAC
Sep 16, 2009 at 9:58 PM Post #541 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by s1rrah /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's made online pr0n sound way more realistic to my ear.

smile.gif

Not that I speak from personal experience or anything, but the better the audio equipment I sometimes find the harder it is to listen to that stuff.
Again, not that I would know or anything......
^_^

Sep 16, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #542 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not that I speak from personal experience or anything, but the better the audio equipment I sometimes find the harder it is to listen to that stuff.
Again, not that I would know or anything......
^_^

LOL.

Sep 17, 2009 at 12:13 AM Post #543 of 2,680
Yep, Simpsons sound tooo realistic...also video gaming with HD800 is a bit creepy.

Sep 19, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #545 of 2,680
I did do that a few times. Very smooth/rich sound, made me forget I owned an M3...
Er...actually a starving student, but you get the idea.

Sep 22, 2009 at 8:05 PM Post #547 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Has anyone tried any usb to spdif link between havana and pc for better (!) signal transfer?

Check out this
CryoParts Pop Pulse USB to SPDIF Converter

at this price level sounds like appealing comparing to much more expensive bel canto link.

K.

(o.0)! That thing is doing 70% of the work for a DAC, taking a stream, reclock it, convert it. USB signal is quite different than a spdif.
If you're doing that....a Trend audio USB 10.2 is same price, good review.

All the manufacturers are jumping into USB now, there will be some really nice USB DAC within couple years that cost like a car, spec like a space shuttle, but for me Havana is real satisfying for a long time.

Sep 22, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #548 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by btbluesky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
(o.0)! That thing is doing 70% of the work for a DAC, taking a stream, reclock it, convert it. USB signal is quite different than a spdif.
If you're doing that....a Trend audio USB 10.2 is same price, good review.

All the manufacturers are jumping into USB now, there will be some really nice USB DAC within couple years that cost like a car, spec like a space shuttle, but for me Havana is real satisfying for a long time.

Great thought's btbluesky.

But I haven't used my Havana via USB at all.

Cept' to maybe demo it against it's Coaxial/SPDIF options. And across the board ... I found the USB to be a bit sub par compared to Coaxial/SPDIF ... just a bit bland and dull sounding compared to the other input options.

My primary listening mode is Coaxial from my PC ... flac's etc. ... but I also like the occasional SPDIF/Optical option when choosing to listen to CD's with my Sony CD deck.

But USB? I think it sounds pretty bad compared to the other options.

But that's just me.

smile_phones.gif

Sep 22, 2009 at 9:05 PM Post #549 of 2,680
thanks guys, I got your point!,
but what is the best way to listen from a computer?
well I listen 8-10 hours a day from my pc, Havana is outstanding comparing to my ex dac (kingrex), though listening through usb but I want to get the best out of havana, is a sound card with spdif output a good solution?

Sep 22, 2009 at 9:17 PM Post #550 of 2,680
quick question for uguys

is there anyway to get another output on the havana?

i really want this beautiful dac, but the thing stopping me is that i need 2 outputs

one for my wa6, one for my speakers

Sep 22, 2009 at 9:36 PM Post #551 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
quick question for uguys

i really want this beautiful dac, but the thing stopping me is that i need 2 outputs

Loop out or RCA splitter.
My Havana sources my GS-1, HEV70, and Denon Receiver.

Sep 23, 2009 at 4:03 AM Post #552 of 2,680
I think the stock usb is probably fine, the pop pulse is going to have similar hardware in it. If you wanted to actually improve sound, the Sonicweld Diverter is great, but it costs more than a Havana.

Sep 23, 2009 at 4:15 AM Post #553 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
quick question for uguys

What Towert7 said ...

Split the signal after the Havana ... your gonna have to split it any way, right?

So why split it at the DAC level? Split it after the DAC. Better in my estimate.

Speaking of such ...

My roomies got a Woo 6 SE ... and it's fewkn awesome.

But if you run two headphones out of it ... it's quite crippled sounding compared to running a single phone ...

So again ...

Split the signal after the DAC ...

Or even better, don't split the signal at all.

Rock on.

beyersmile.png

Sep 28, 2009 at 7:16 PM Post #555 of 2,680
Quote:

Originally Posted by boozcool /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Havana is a spectacular DAC, and I have been absolutely floored by how amazing it sounds, so this is no doubt a keeper, just as soon as the noise issue is addressed
beerchug.gif

Update:
Turns out it was the IC chips. I just switched out the two BB PCM56P chips for a pair of AD1856NKs, and the now it is dead silent
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back