Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Dec 12, 2020 at 4:14 PM Post #8,311 of 12,974
I owned the empyrean for a short time and own the susvara...had them both at the same time...bottom line there is no comparison the susvara plays in a different league...now that said it doesnt mean that some might not like the presentation of the empyrean better because everything is subjective...IMHO there really is no contest..the susvara, abyss TC and SR1A are in a league of their own
Heh. I mean, anything else would be seriously weird and a big problem, considering the price points :)

Dec 12, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #8,312 of 12,974
MUST........RESIST..............buying a Susvara!!!!

This is the Empy thread so perhaps this should be posted on the Susvara thread but has there been QC issues with this $$$ HM model as with some of their others?
Depending on your amp you wouldn't regret grtting the Susvara, go for it!

Dec 12, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #8,313 of 12,974
Please take care of your Milo.. Once it goes back to Jeff, it is getting configured to 230v and on its way to me..! :jecklinsmile:
Did you order the regular Milo or the Reference?

Maybe at some ooint I will add the regular milo to my setup. Curiosity never ends

Dec 12, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #8,314 of 12,974
Please take care of your Milo.. Once it goes back to Jeff, it is getting configured to 230v and on its way to me..! :jecklinsmile:
I'm listening to it right now with 1266 TC with SC and this has balls. It even does an amazing job on my HE-6 4 screw. It's dead silent with anything I put on it. One thing keep his amps away from any network cables I had to move the amp from the bottom of the shelf to the top. The digital noise bleeds in not loud but was annoying when the music stopped. Once I moved it problem solved and it's dead silent. Don't worry she's in mint condition. Thanks to you I get the HeadTrip 2.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2020 at 4:34 PM Post #8,315 of 12,974
Did you order the regular Milo or the Reference?

Maybe at some ooint I will add the regular milo to my setup. Curiosity never ends

I'm taking Bonddam's Milo Reference once he sends it back to Jeff. Jeff will give it a check up and clean bill of health before sending it over to me. Wanted an amp with small form factor and was trying to decide between the FA-10, new Violectric, and another gsx mini (sold mine).

Dec 12, 2020 at 4:39 PM Post #8,316 of 12,974
I'm taking Bonddam's Milo Reference once he sends it back to Jeff. Jeff will give it a check up and clean bill of health before sending it over to me. Wanted an amp with small form factor and was trying to decide between the FA-10, new Violectric, and another gsx mini (sold mine).
No you want the Milo it powers everything it's fast has best parts in it. I swing between the Milo and WA33 and happy with both amps equally. It is kinda small it's tall. doesn't weigh anything.

Dec 12, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #8,317 of 12,974
No you want the Milo it powers everything it's fast has best parts in it. I swing between the Milo and WA33 and happy with both amps equally. It is kinda small it's tall. doesn't weigh anything.

Looking forward to it! Already have a nice power cord and some interconnects on the way.

Dec 12, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #8,318 of 12,974
Here’s Wired World cables
1A00915E-D07D-42BE-A412-7925D13A55B4.jpeg

Dec 12, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #8,319 of 12,974
This sounds like the Arche EQs the Utopia? Couldnt really find an explanation how these "presets" work on the website, though I'll admit I didnt look very hard.
If so, neat idea, pretty cool to have that directly in the amp!

For me the presets for the focal headphones dont do much, but the amp can be set to high or low gain and voltage or hybrid mode or you select a focal preset.
So it isnt EQing them, you cant change EQ yourself. For me high gain and voltage (which should be best for IEMs I read somewhere) gives the best sound. They dont explain a lot in the manual, which is a bit suspicous :)
The "full sound" on Arche with Utopia is there more or less on each of these settings.

Dec 13, 2020 at 7:57 PM Post #8,321 of 12,974
Has anybody tried the Norne 3sc cable with their empyreans? Is it truly a good mix of qualities being enhanced between both copper and silver cables? Or would it just gain the enhancements from the silver cable less than a full silver cable and leave the copper attributes unnoticed? Debating on the Norne or the branded meze silver cable.

Dec 13, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #8,322 of 12,974
Has anybody tried the Norne 3sc cable with their empyreans? Is it truly a good mix of qualities being enhanced between both copper and silver cables? Or would it just gain the enhancements from the silver cable less than a full silver cable and leave the copper attributes unnoticed? Debating on the Norne or the branded meze silver cable.
I tried the Norne Skraug which is basically a lesser and cheaper Version of the Draug 3SC.
It was an significant improvement over the stock cable.

I never heard a pure silver cable but to me it seemed that both copper(warmth, full bodied sound) and silver(detail and micro-detail retrieval) characteristics were improved.

I now have a Norne Vykari on order, can't wait to pair it with my Empyrean.

The Norne cable is the way to go imo, I'm pretty sure that it is better than the Meze upgrade cable

Dec 13, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #8,323 of 12,974
I am using a Norne Silvergrade S4 with my Empy. It sounds phenomenal. All silver cable makes the Empy even cleaner and crispier than the stock cable. I am using the Alcantara pads. The detail of the S4 cable + the warmth/ body from the alcantara pads makes the Empy sound unreal. Very happy with the synergy of this pairing.

Dec 13, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #8,324 of 12,974
I tried the Norne Skraug which is basically a lesser and cheaper Version of the Draug 3SC.
It was an significant improvement over the stock cable.

I never heard a pure silver cable but to me it seemed that both copper(warmth, full bodied sound) and silver(detail and micro-detail retrieval) characteristics were improved.

I now have a Norne Vykari on order, can't wait to pair it with my Empyrean.

The Norne cable is the way to go imo, I'm pretty sure that it is better than the Meze upgrade cable
I love the look of the Norne cables as well. Vykari looks amazing, would love to hear your impressions when you get it.

Dec 13, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #8,325 of 12,974
I am using a Norne Silvergrade S4 with my Empy. It sounds phenomenal. All silver cable makes the Empy even cleaner and crispier than the stock cable. I am using the Alcantara pads. The detail of the S4 cable + the warmth/ body from the alcantara pads makes the Empy sound unreal. Very happy with the synergy of this pairing.
I was looking at the S4 before i even got my empyrean. I’m sure it is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back