Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Dec 13, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #8,326 of 12,974
I was looking at the S4 before i even got my empyrean. I’m sure it is amazing.
It really is. The detail and cleanliness is unmatched. I used to use share the S4 between my VC and empy but lately have switched to ZMF 2k copper cable for my ZMF cans. Now the Empy gets to have the S4 all to itself.

Dec 13, 2020 at 9:03 PM Post #8,327 of 12,974
It really is. The detail and cleanliness is unmatched. I used to use share the S4 between my VC and empy but lately have switched to ZMF 2k copper cable for my ZMF cans. Now the Empy gets to have the S4 all to itself.

So u prefer the copper with VO and silver with Empy? Just wanted to confirm, because I was looking at the S4 for the VO but decided to get the Danacable LR copper instead.

Dec 13, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #8,328 of 12,974
So u prefer the copper with VO and silver with Empy? Just wanted to confirm, because I was looking at the S4 for the VO but decided to get the Danacable LR copper instead.
I dont have the VO, i own a VC. I prefer the 2k copper with the entire ZMF lineup, my auteur and VC. Its a good synergy. With the Empy, i prefer the S4 silver, but only with the Alcantara pads. Those pads introduce a level of warmth that compliments the S4 cable's treble extension and crispness extremely well.

Dec 13, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #8,329 of 12,974
I dont have the VO, i own a VC. I prefer the 2k copper with the entire ZMF lineup, my auteur and VC. Its a good synergy. With the Empy, i prefer the S4 silver, but only with the Alcantara pads. Those pads introduce a level of warmth that compliments the S4 cable's treble extension and crispness extremely well.

Ah thanks sorry I misread VC for VO.
But kind of relieved I went with copper this time round. I had VC before and found it a little glaring and occasionally shouty. Perhaps just needs a good copper cable to tone it down a bit for me.

Dec 13, 2020 at 9:49 PM Post #8,330 of 12,974
Hi, has anybody listened to Meze Empyrean with Burson CV2+ and may share some thoughts?
I’ve owned both but separately.

i’m thinking that should be a good pairing With the burson having a lively punchy sound and tight bottom end. The amp should drive the empys well

but never heard them together

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #8,331 of 12,974
Has anybody tried the Norne 3sc cable with their empyreans? Is it truly a good mix of qualities being enhanced between both copper and silver cables? Or would it just gain the enhancements from the silver cable less than a full silver cable and leave the copper attributes unnoticed? Debating on the Norne or the branded meze silver cable.
I have both Norne audio S4 and MEZE's own SPC. I actually prefer MEZE's SPC with Alcantara pads, since it smoothes out the vocal. S4 pairs better with vegan leather pads since the vocal is already super smooth and the S4 brings out more details in highs. Right now I stick to MEZE's own SPC with Alcantara pads, the final sound is an all-rounder for me.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #8,332 of 12,974
Hi, has anybody listened to Meze Empyrean with Burson CV2+ and may share some thoughts?

Heard this set up few days ago. While Burson character is fast, engaging and musical match the Empy well, the bass presence is a bit too much for me. For me Burson has better synergy with something leaner like Diana V2.

Dec 14, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #8,333 of 12,974
Really lusting after these

Dec 15, 2020 at 2:56 PM Post #8,334 of 12,974
Heard this set up few days ago. While Burson character is fast, engaging and musical match the Empy well, the bass presence is a bit too much for me. For me Burson has better synergy with something leaner like Diana V2.
Thanks, i guess bass will not be a problem for me as i am a basshead:) My Audeze lcd 3f are fine with burson cv2 and they have really strong bas.

Dec 15, 2020 at 3:42 PM Post #8,336 of 12,974
Dec 16, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #8,338 of 12,974
Just received my pair of Empyreans which I swapped for my 1266 Phi( best bass, really but hate not being hugged by pads) and I don’t know what to think? They are only a few months old and I sincerely hope that *burn in* is real.

Dec 16, 2020 at 5:52 PM Post #8,339 of 12,974
Just received my pair of Empyreans which I swapped for my 1266 Phi( best bass, really but hate not being hugged by pads) and I don’t know what to think? They are only a few months old and I sincerely hope that *burn in* is real.
What's the issue? How do they compare to the 1266? I'm thinking of getting one of these but never seen a detailed comparison

Dec 16, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #8,340 of 12,974
What's the issue? How do they compare to the 1266? I'm thinking of getting one of these but never seen a detailed comparison
Only just started listening so this will certainly change( I hope). Out of my Mini they sound slow, almost lethargic with average resolution. Soundstage is ok(better than Utopia) but not much separation yet as everything seems somewhat *thick*.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back