Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Nov 23, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #1,126 of 12,974
Hi Everyone!
The next days will arrive my Empyrean and still don't know what system is fine sonically with them.
Do you have any informations what system (DAC+Amp) is fine with the big Meze?

Thanks!
Hello,
Do not worry, the Empyrean has a neutral tuning so will sound great pretty much everything . The better your source, the better they will sound.
I would recommend a Chord DAC , but of course we need to know more what exactly you are after and your budget.

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #1,127 of 12,974
Did you hear the Empyrean before or you just purchased without trying them? Anyway you will not be disappointed and glad that more people are discoverering them.
They will send it on Tuesday, I will try them for a week, and then if I am satisfied I will keep them. Headphoniaks are very flexible

Nov 23, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #1,129 of 12,974
They will send it on Tuesday, I will try them for a week, and then if I am satisfied I will keep them. Headphoniaks are very flexible

Wow nice. More stores need to offer trials like this. Can't wait for more impressions and especially comparisons to other planars.

Nov 23, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #1,130 of 12,974
@musicday Just wondering, are you connected to Meze Audio? As you seem to promote these headphones very actively in this topic
He alluded earlier to what seemed to me like he would be getting a free set of these. He stated "welcome to the club" to someone, to which another member replied you aren't in the club if you haven't purchased or plan on purchasing one. His responded with "you know nothing."

Lots of this type of fukery goes on here unfortunately, and hes bragging about it. Watch out for the shills peeps.

Nov 23, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #1,131 of 12,974
He alluded earlier to what seemed to me like he would be getting a free set of these. He stated "welcome to the club" to someone, to which another member replied you aren't in the club if you haven't purchased or plan on purchasing one. His responded with "you know nothing."

Lots of this type of fukery goes on here unfortunately, and hes bragging about it. Watch out for the shills peeps.
Haha that someone was me, but I hear you!
I've listened to them on Canjam London this year, but I'd never recommend them to anyone here based on such a shallow impression.

Nov 23, 2018 at 12:56 PM Post #1,132 of 12,974
Haha that someone was me, but I hear you!
I've listened to them on Canjam London this year, but I'd never recommend them to anyone here based on such a shallow impression.
Obviously you know what's up.

Looking forward to your future posts :beerchug:

Any opinions from real users paying out of their pockets carries way more weight with me.

Nov 23, 2018 at 1:00 PM Post #1,133 of 12,974
Obviously you know what's up.

Looking forward to your future posts :beerchug:

Any opinions from real users paying out of their pockets carries way more weight with me.
If everything goes well, I'll receive them next week on Thursday or Friday. I'll share my first impressions in this topic and I'm also planning to write a more in-depth review where I'll compare them with my LCD-4 (brand new drivers, two weeks ago).
Mostly doing this for myself as it will help me decide to sell my LCD-4 or keep them both. Can't really justify to myself to keep them both though, lol.

Nov 23, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #1,134 of 12,974
@musicday Just wondering, are you connected to Meze Audio? As you seem to promote these headphones very actively in this topic
I have been on Headfi for a very long time and I always like to help anyone if I can, making the right purchase decision. in my books the Empyrean is really worth it, just like Chord DACs are. Meze is coming from Romania and that's where I was born, so I am really proud about this product and yes I have paid for mine, is coming next week :)

Nov 23, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #1,135 of 12,974
I have been on Headfi for a very long time and I always like to help anyone if I can, making the right purchase decision. in my books the Empyrean is really worth it, just like Chord DACs are. Meze is coming from Romania and that's where I was born, so I am really proud about this product and yes I have paid for mine, is coming next week :)
I can see why you're proud and I fully understand that! But imo it's just a bit unfair to advice people in buying something very expensive based on pride and not so much on listening impressions.

Nov 23, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #1,136 of 12,974
I can see why you're proud and I fully understand that! But imo it's just a bit unfair to advice people in buying something very expensive based on pride and not so much on listening impressions.

He has listened to these before. He’s not just recommending them on pride.

Let’s end this witch hunt now. No need to attack this man’s credibility.

Nov 23, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #1,139 of 12,974
No problem. There are many in here who have a lot of enthusiasm for these. I am just of many who have been waiting for over a year for these to finally be released.
I keep pinching myself mate, never thought I would be getting these headphones, I keep watching videos of Antonio Meze, as good looking as he is I'm straight but he seems so passionate, 2 years of dedication and you can tell when he explains every little detail about the headphones. ..Like the springs either side of the headband, amazing.I believe in 5 years time this headphone will still be topic of conversation

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #1,140 of 12,974

You're getting them for free? How come?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back