Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Jun 7, 2018 at 6:07 AM Post #515 of 12,974
Ukrainian e-shop Soundmag has it listed as preorder just for 81 000 грн which is equivalent of aprox. 2660€/$3100. I would like to see this as final price, fingers crossed.

3K is a top tier product these days. Seems legit. Though I wouldn't be that much surprised to see higher final price, somewhere in the 4K realm.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jun 7, 2018 at 9:52 AM Post #516 of 12,974
3K is a top tier product these days. Seems legit. Though I wouldn't be that much surprised to see higher final price, somewhere in the 4K realm.
Let's hear it first and see if it's worth whatever it is.

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #518 of 12,974
I believe that that's quite false perception. That is because their products haven't targeted more high-end users yet. And many users here certainly understand that fun headphones have specific use, but can't be all-rounder.

It's too bad Tyll and his measurements have gone. It's scary to drop 3k-4k without some critical reviews...

This is such an interesting topic to me.

I didn't like the Beyer T1 first gen because I thought it was too dry and analytical/neutral. I thought the T1v2 was near perfect for giving me detail and the same time engaging me.

The HD800 I respect with solid state, but with tubes I LOVE it....

What I am driving at is if they could give me a neutral headphone with just a bit of flavor I would be in heaven! I personally think there needs to have some flavor to it, to make me not just sit down and analyze the music the whole time. I could totally be the minority here though?

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #519 of 12,974
Jun 7, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #521 of 12,974
I personally think there needs to have some flavor to it, to make me not just sit down and analyze the music the whole time. I could totally be the minority here though?

I sincerely doubt it.
Of course the definition of neutral is constantly being debated.
That being said, your description closely resembles my own favored sound sig

Jul 3, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #525 of 12,974
Still no update on release date or pricing :triportsad:
Pricing is still unknown. Release date I believe is still roughly a few months away. That could always change, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back