Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
May 25, 2018 at 5:49 PM Post #496 of 12,975
I'm anxious to find out how it really sounds, the final product.

May 25, 2018 at 6:02 PM Post #497 of 12,975
I'm anxious to find out how it really sounds, the final product.

Well in the video Antonio said it was going to come with two different pads for different tunings. I’m all for fun, but I really hope one of the pairs has a neutral-flat tuning. Either way, it’s a very good idea to offer those options, the same way the Beyerdynamic DT1990 does.

May 25, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #498 of 12,975
I sure hope so. It's scary to think you could pay $3600 for a 'non-neutral' headphone. They should pick the most 'accurate' sound, whatever that is.

May 25, 2018 at 10:43 PM Post #499 of 12,975
I sure hope so. It's scary to think you could pay $3600 for a 'non-neutral' headphone. They should pick the most 'accurate' sound, whatever that is.

I just know from the video that Antonio said he was surprised to learn from customer feedback that most people did not like a headphone tuned flat and that they preferred a more “fun” signature.
Like I said, I don’t mind “fun” pads, but for the love of all that is good, let the other set of stock pads be the flat-tuned ones.

May 25, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #500 of 12,975
I just know from the video that Antonio said he was surprised to learn from customer feedback that most people did not like a headphone tuned flat and that they preferred a more “fun” signature.
Like I said, I don’t mind “fun” pads, but for the love of all that is good, let the other set of stock pads be the flat-tuned ones.

I believe that that's quite false perception. That is because their products haven't targeted more high-end users yet. And many users here certainly understand that fun headphones have specific use, but can't be all-rounder.

It's too bad Tyll and his measurements have gone. It's scary to drop 3k-4k without some critical reviews...

May 25, 2018 at 11:43 PM Post #501 of 12,975
I believe that that's quite false perception. That is because their products haven't targeted more high-end users yet. And many users here certainly understand that fun headphones have specific use, but can't be all-rounder.

It's too bad Tyll and his measurements have gone. It's scary to drop 3k-4k without some critical reviews...

I completely agree!

May 26, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #502 of 12,975
Agree. And there are plenty of fun headphone available for plenty less cabbage.

May 26, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #504 of 12,975
If they want to sell more of them, I'd keep it no higher than $3000. If they want to sell a ton of then, make it $2000.

May 28, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #505 of 12,975
Well in the video Antonio said it was going to come with two different pads for different tunings. I’m all for fun, but I really hope one of the pairs has a neutral-flat tuning. Either way, it’s a very good idea to offer those options, the same way the Beyerdynamic DT1990 does.

Agreed, two sets of different pads is the smart play which doesn't cost a lot to deliver.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en

Users who are viewing this thread

Back