Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Jul 7, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #12,616 of 12,984
I always get pushback for this but I really think when people get brighter headphones they think it's more detail. That's all it is.
Not all the time. If you’ve heard the Empyrean’s with the stock leather or stock alcantara pads, you’d hear how the sound is “restricted“ by the way those pads present music. The angled alcantara pads lifts that restriction and lets more sound through. So you are indeed getting a more detailed sound while the overall tonality is not necessarily brighter. The sound is every bit Meze Audio and the angled alcantara pads retains the sound signature that we love about the Empyrean’s, but it’s much improved.

Jul 7, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #12,617 of 12,984
Ugh. You guys have me seriously considering buying $200 ear pads.

I love the Empyreans for their lush, warm and organic tonality but a bit more clarity and space wouldn't be a bad thing. My go-to's currently are the OG Leathers.
The OG leather pads were my preference until I got the angled alcantara pads 😉

Jul 7, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #12,618 of 12,984
Well gaining a 2nd flagship headphone for 200,- doesn't sound like a bad deal
The improvements the angled alcantara pads make to the sound of the Empyrean’s does indeed feel like you’re getting a new headphone. It’s quite impressive what Meze has been able to accomplish with these pads.

Jul 7, 2023 at 9:02 PM Post #12,620 of 12,984
The angled pads make a big difference on Empyrean, less on Elite. On Empyrean I would now only use the angled pads while on Elite I am still very comfortable with the hybrid pads.
This seems to be the common opinion of those that have heard the Empyrean and Elite with the new angled pads. I only have the Elite, so I’ve managed to resist getting the angled pads thus far. I may cave if I can find someone to buy my Alcantara pads that came with the Elite.

Jul 11, 2023 at 11:06 AM Post #12,621 of 12,984
Noticed a few listings for Meze Empyrean's that were too good to be true. Caution when browsing the Classifieds page. A $650 Empyrean should be more than a red flag, but noticed a couple new members commenting on the listing. Don't risk it, and if you do always utilize Paypal G&S. Noticing more scammers on this site than usual.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #12,622 of 12,984
Noticed a few listings for Meze Empyrean's that were too good to be true. Caution when browsing the Classifieds page. A $650 Empyrean should be more than a red flag, but noticed a couple new members commenting on the listing. Don't risk it, and if you do always utilize Paypal G&S. Noticing more scammers on this site than usual.
Apparently these listing are removed fast tho.
Can't find the 650$ listing and the 500$ listing that are still on hifishark have also been removes.

Always a good reminder, if it looks too good to be true, it usually is

Jul 11, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #12,623 of 12,984
it's a good warning. Empy will most likely never be < $1000 however beat up they are.

Jul 18, 2023 at 3:42 AM Post #12,629 of 12,984
Empyrean.jpg

You guys have been such an important part of our journey so far!
We deeply appreciate this community and its support, so now it’s only natural to give back.

To make your “Meze Audio” experience completely unforgettable, we're now offering a PREMIUM CABLE GIFT with every Empyrean and Elite purchase!
Braided by hand by our team in Romania, our copper and silver-plated premium cables are specifically designed to bring out the finest qualities of your Elite or Empyrean and deliver a full-bodied, musical experience.

· SILVER-PLATED cables combine the best of two different worlds – the conductive properties of silver with copper’s high durability. This cable offers more depth, improved separation and enhanced details.
· COPPER cables are very flexible and highly resistant to damage. It makes the bass tighter, enhances imaging and separation and makes the vocals stand out.

Pair your favourite headphone with one of the 10 cable variations available (balanced 2.5 mm, 3.5 mm, balanced 4.4 mm, 6.3 mm and balanced XLR), and save up to $499!

Find more details here.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-18 at 09.40.29.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-18 at 09.40.29.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Meze Audio Design. Comfort. Sound. True audio. Stay updated on Meze Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/mezeaudio https://twitter.com/mezeaudio https://www.instagram.com/mezeaudio/ https://www.mezeaudio.com/ marketing@mezeaudio.com
Jul 19, 2023 at 12:24 PM Post #12,630 of 12,984
Just bought the Angled Alcantara pads for my Elite. I'm selling my stock Alcantara pads that are basically unused. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back