Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Sep 6, 2021 at 6:14 AM Post #11,132 of 12,974
Really nice:) Actually I was thinking on those tubes for my Ayon ha3. It is designed for ECC82, but I think it should accept 6sn7 as well through the adapter (need to check the voltage though).

I see You have equiliser out there. Could You share a bit how You use it with Empyreans and if You are satisfied with it?
Carefull
6SN7 need 6V and 600mA
While ECC82 need 12V and 150mA

That means they might draw too much current for the amp to handle

Sep 6, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #11,134 of 12,974
Sep 6, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #11,136 of 12,974
I love the Empyrean treble so much very difficult to find another headphone with similar sparkle up top.

I don't think Empy is ever harsh. I got to sample Focal Clear yesterday and while its treble is not technically "harsh" it's certainly not as smooth as Empy.

But...the metallic tone is there on Empy from time to time. Especially when you EQ bass down a little, which I do. It's not a disturbance and doesn't take away from how amazing Empy's sound is, but I can hear it sometimes.

Seems like HPs are all about tradeoffs. Wonder what the Elite trade-off will be as it's prob not going to have ALL of Empy's qualities without ANY drawback (if you even call that treble a drawback, it's not really).

Let's see.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #11,140 of 12,974
For some users it is definitely going to be perfect (and maybe me...)
For some users the Empyrean is already perfect.

Damn this waiting time is killing me ...

Sep 6, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #11,141 of 12,974
Exactly, Some says Empyreans are harsh in treable as compared to Elite when used with alcantara pads. My experience is that alcantara pads are treable smooth ect, ect...
Hm, I for sure do not know the comparison to the Elite, but the notion that the original Empy could be called harsh on treble with the alcantara pads is ... preposterous:)

Sep 6, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #11,145 of 12,974
I see You have equiliser out there. Could You share a bit how You use it with Empyreans and if You are satisfied with it?

I've been very satisfied with it. I find that tuning down the rightmost knob (16khz) removes the very slight graininess I was hearing on the Empyreans with vocals. Additionally, I also tone down the upper mids for some songs.

The Empyreans are pretty much already tuned to my preference, but it's still nice being able to control it a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back