Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Nov 25, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #8,146 of 12,974
Anyone using their beloved Empys with GSX-mini? if so, whats your ear pad choice? Leather or Alcantara?
For me, the vegan pads sound the best. More balanced than default leather pads, richer, smoother than alcantara pads. I do pair Empys with Gs-x mini.

Nov 25, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #8,147 of 12,974
For me, the vegan pads sound the best. More balanced than default leather pads, richer, smoother than alcantara pads. I do pair Empys with Gs-x mini.
thats good to know. my set came with alcantara and leather pads only.

Nov 25, 2020 at 10:09 PM Post #8,148 of 12,974
thats good to know. my set came with alcantara and leather pads only.
Yeah, me too. I purchase the vegan pads separately. It is very close to default leather pads sonically but slightly better for my taste. Hope Meze could replace default leather with vegan leather in the default pads setting in the future.

Nov 28, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #8,149 of 12,974
Hi guys,
I own an utopia and arche. I like the sound, although i am missing some bass. Still very happy with the sound. I thought about another headphone to use with the arche. I tested lcd4 and was suprised that i found them a bit "dull" and liked utopia better. Still on the lookout for a more warm sounding bassier hp. Is the empyrean a good fit for the arche? I thought about the abyss but that seems too cumbersome. Any words of advice, thanks

Nov 28, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #8,150 of 12,974
Hi guys,
I own an utopia and arche. I like the sound, although i am missing some bass. Still very happy with the sound. I thought about another headphone to use with the arche. I tested lcd4 and was suprised that i found them a bit "dull" and liked utopia better. Still on the lookout for a more warm sounding bassier hp. Is the empyrean a good fit for the arche? I thought about the abyss but that seems too cumbersome. Any words of advice, thanks
Well the Arche is like Sennheiser Amp/Dac, works well with HP's with its own label, probably not so good with others. Try them out.

Nov 28, 2020 at 8:30 AM Post #8,151 of 12,974
"Say hello to my little friend!"
:)
IMG_1148.jpg

Nov 28, 2020 at 9:06 AM Post #8,152 of 12,974
Nov 28, 2020 at 9:11 AM Post #8,153 of 12,974
Nov 28, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #8,154 of 12,974
"Say hello to my little friend!"
:)
IMG_1148.jpg
Leather pouch is also new.
Would be nice to hear some words how it compares to you ZMF HPs.
Time to update the signature?

Nov 28, 2020 at 1:25 PM Post #8,155 of 12,974
Leather pouch is also new.
Would be nice to hear some words how it compares to you ZMF HPs.
Time to update the signature?

It's way too early, if I've had a little more time to listen, I'll be happy to say something about how the Empyrean comperes to the Aeolus.
I had ordered the Auteur, and after waiting 10 weeks and no one could tell me how long I had to wait, I changed the order.
Yes, I could change the signature, i am still waiting for a Hifiman Arya, which arrived defectively at me and went back to the dealer...

Leather Pouch was in the Cable Box :)

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2020 at 7:00 PM Post #8,156 of 12,974
It's way too early, if I've had a little more time to listen, I'll be happy to say something about how the Empyrean comperes to the Aeolus.
I had ordered the Auteur, and after waiting 10 weeks and no one could tell me how long I had to wait, I changed the order.
Yes, I could change the signature, i am still waiting for a Hifiman Arya, which arrived defectively at me and went back to the dealer...

Leather Pouch was in the Cable Box :)
@smodtactical the comparison you've been waiting on!

Nov 29, 2020 at 1:32 AM Post #8,157 of 12,974
@smodtactical the comparison you've been waiting on!
I'm not that great writer, i can't write a good comparison in my native language, so in English, is almost impossible for me :thinking:
So in some threads about the Aeolus, some people say its like a super HD650, and the same thing i can read about the Empyrean.
What i can say is: Empyrean and Aeolus are so similar, so i think about to sell my Aeolus!
I'm waiting on my Arya, i think this one and the Empy will be a good pair together.

After 10 hours of listening, all i can say is, the Empyrean is all i ever was looking for!
Had so many cans here in the last six months, Hifiman HE1000se, HE1000 v2, Audeze LCD3, but for me(!) they are all not worth the money!
The Empyrean i take on my ears, and the just blown me away - the best Headphones i ever listen to.

Now i have to look for some nice custom cable, after all i read, i decide silver cable are the best for these cans :)

Nov 29, 2020 at 1:40 AM Post #8,158 of 12,974
I'm not that great writer, i can't write a good comparison in my native language, so in English, is almost impossible for me :thinking:
So in some threads about the Aeolus, some people say its like a super HD650, and the same thing i can read about the Empyrean.
What i can say is: Empyrean and Aeolus are so similar, so i think about to sell my Aeolus!
I'm waiting on my Arya, i think this one and the Empy will be a good pair together.

After 10 hours of listening, all i can say is, the Empyrean is all i ever was looking for!
Had so many cans here in the last six months, Hifiman HE1000se, HE1000 v2, Audeze LCD3, but for me(!) they are all not worth the money!
The Empyrean i take on my ears, and the just blown me away - the best Headphones i ever listen to.

Now i have to look for some nice custom cable, after all i read, i decide silver cable are the best for these cans :)
I use the Lavricable silver with the Empyreans. A synergistic pairing, indeed.

Nov 29, 2020 at 1:50 AM Post #8,159 of 12,974
Nov 29, 2020 at 1:51 AM Post #8,160 of 12,974
I use the Lavricable silver with the Empyreans. A synergistic pairing, indeed.

I prefer Empyrean with either the Forza Noir Hybrid HPC or the ZMF 2k Copper cable over the Moon Silver Dragon Premium or Meze SPC. They are all good, though.

i like Forza over ZMF by a little with Empyrean, and the reverse on Verité Open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back