Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Nov 21, 2020 at 2:07 AM Post #8,131 of 12,974
susvara and abyss TC vs empyrean?seriously?...no comparison ...the empyrean is a fine HP I used to own it but...

What ?

Nov 21, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #8,132 of 12,974
susvara and abyss TC vs empyrean?seriously?...no comparison ...the empyrean is a fine HP I used to own it but...
I'm with you, the Empyrean's don't come close to the Susvara's or TC's in sound quality. But it's not a terrible headphone either as you've noted.

Nov 21, 2020 at 6:40 AM Post #8,133 of 12,974
Emp certainly sounds better than Susvara witha Chord Dave

Nov 21, 2020 at 6:49 AM Post #8,134 of 12,974
Ohh thats good to hear. I do as well. Right now i m looking for a cable as well. I m listening using my Norne Silvergrade S4 all Silver cable (originally made for my VC) and it sounds good. HOwever i am wondering if you or anybody can give me any suggestion regarding aftermarket cable.

Forza Noir/ Noir hybrid? Norne Draug? ZMF 2k copper? Any suggestion is appreciated.
Well you already have a Silvergarde S4, doesn't get much better than that.

You cqn try the ToTL fusion cable from norne or the 8 wire s4. However if you already have a S4 I'd simply use that.

Nov 21, 2020 at 8:23 AM Post #8,135 of 12,974
Well you already have a Silvergarde S4, doesn't get much better than that.

You cqn try the ToTL fusion cable from norne or the 8 wire s4. However if you already have a S4 I'd simply use that.
I was thinking about getting a all copper cable or a fusion cable to help with the mid range. Also, Currently i have 4 headphones that use the same cable (VC, auteur, LCD-X, Empyrean). I would like to get another cable to i dont have to connect/disconnect every time i wanna listen to another HP.

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:07 AM Post #8,136 of 12,974
I was thinking about getting a all copper cable or a fusion cable to help with the mid range. Also, Currently i have 4 headphones that use the same cable (VC, auteur, LCD-X, Empyrean). I would like to get another cable to i dont have to connect/disconnect every time i wanna listen to another HP.
In that case I recommend the new 17.3awg fusion cable from norne.
It's so new it doesn't have a name yet

Nov 21, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #8,137 of 12,974
Emp certainly sounds better than Susvara witha Chord Dave
true, as does pretty much any efficient HP because the dave cannot properly drive the susvara so If you do not intend to use an external amp them the empyrean or utopia or lcd-4z is for you

Nov 21, 2020 at 11:13 AM Post #8,138 of 12,974
true, as does pretty much any efficient HP because the dave cannot properly drive the susvara so If you do not intend to use an external amp them the empyrean or utopia or lcd-4z is for you
What about the build quality of the Susvara though. Some of the reasons I went with Empy is I wanted comfort, easy to drive ( for the moment at least), Sonics, and build quality so I would not have to worry about it. When people say the Susvara does not have the same build quality, what do they mean? By the way I am not attacking them, just seriously asking as I might be interested down the road. Tks.

Nov 21, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #8,139 of 12,974
the build quality of the susvara is just fine...I have owned 2 of them without issue....however if looks and comfort are the primary driver for you get the empyrean...if sound is then get the susvara or TC

Nov 21, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #8,140 of 12,974
the build quality of the susvara is just fine...I have owned 2 of them without issue....however if looks and comfort are the primary driver for you get the empyrean...if sound is then get the susvara or TC
Comfort is important. I am not overly thrilled with the comfort of the Empy though either. It is okay, but I dislike it with my glasses on. I don’t know if anything else would be better though. Sonics are better on it for me as I am also using a Cayin N8 much of the time, and also a Hugo 2. But if I go with something more powerful down the road (for the desktop) then inefficient phones become possible. Tks.

Nov 21, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #8,141 of 12,974
Even with hyperbolic language/context, it is a bit silly. There really is no comparison.

Nov 21, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #8,142 of 12,974
If both then T+A Solitaire P

Nov 21, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #8,143 of 12,974
I'm with you, the Empyrean's don't come close to the Susvara's or TC's in sound quality. But it's not a terrible headphone either as you've noted.

Can you elaborate on that? I thought Empyrean has a warmer lush sound that TC and Susvara simply don't have?

Nov 24, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #8,144 of 12,974
I thought Empyrean has a warmer lush sound

I think they do. I don't have the other phones from your post but I do have some nice ones. Anyway, I've never been a cable geek but after listening to the Empy for some months with the stock xlr connector on both the Senn amp and the Arche I was a little underwhelmed. I switched to a cable from Lquicables, silver plated occ or something like that I was stunned at how much better they sounded. There was just that lush sound so many speak of compared to the stock cable which needed to be driven very hard to sound only good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back