Meze EMPYREAN - the First Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone
Dec 6, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #1,681 of 12,974
It"s very easy to find it out...take as first the leather ear pads....for one hour...and after the alcantara...you will be surpriced:)

Important in this case...first the leather pads

NOMAX
Wear a leather ear pad one one side and an Alcantara pad one the other.
...get the best of both worlds! :smile::smiling_imp::smile::smiling_imp:

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Dec 6, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #1,683 of 12,974
Dec 6, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #1,684 of 12,974
Wear a leather ear pad one one side and an Alcantara pad one the other.
...get the best of both worlds! :smile::smiling_imp::smile::smiling_imp:

Cheers!:beerchug:
-HK sends

That's very good...for Hollywood lol

NOMAX

Dec 6, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #1,686 of 12,974
Wish I could.I'm just a Blue collar worker stretching to get the best hi-fi I can afford.Never thought I would be getting Hugo TT 2 M scaler and Empyrean headphones in one month
Well done indeed!

Dec 6, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #1,687 of 12,974
It"s very easy to find it out...take as first the leather ear pads....for one hour...and after the alcantara...you will be surpriced:)

Important in this case...first the leather pads

NOMAX
I've just send back the demo pair. Once I receive the new pair I will check again. My impressions were exactly the opposite

Dec 6, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #1,689 of 12,974
Utopia analytical in comparison to Empyrean. The end. Haha

In all seriousness the Empyrean cannot really be compared as it's an all in one pleasure palace. I still find the utopia can if the recording allows become a bit too overly detailed which misses some of the musicality at times. That's why I'm always suggesting pairing properly. The Empyrean is that headphone that is ultimately enjoyable.

Dec 6, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #1,690 of 12,974
So, obviously a bit hype is usual with the release of a new headphone. My favourite headphones are the Abyss Phi, and the Hifiman Susvara. Has anyone hear heard those two, and the Empyrean? Would the Empyrean provide a complementary alternate sound signature? Thanks for the help in advance :)

Dec 6, 2018 at 8:39 PM Post #1,691 of 12,974
@koenoe nobody will believe you that this is your first review. Very well structured and expressed. But even more striking are the photos. Could be the best user made photos so far of the Empyrean.

Yes, we did change something on the carbon fiber headband. Early prototypes where gloss (shinny) finish surface but we finally went with a satin finish look as it's more discreet. The headphone already has a lot of texture and patterns going on in grill.

Yup.
I think the satin finish looks beautiful and I like it a lot more than the gloss. I always pay attention to the smallest details.

Dec 6, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #1,692 of 12,974
No its much brighter sounding...the leather Ear pads are for the bassheads....and also much darker sounding:)

NOMAX

Everyone said the exact opposite, that the Alcantara one's are darker with more bass. And the leather pads are more neutral.

Dec 7, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #1,694 of 12,974
Utopia analytical in comparison to Empyrean. The end. Haha

In all seriousness the Empyrean cannot really be compared as it's an all in one pleasure palace. I still find the utopia can if the recording allows become a bit too overly detailed which misses some of the musicality at times. That's why I'm always suggesting pairing properly. The Empyrean is that headphone that is ultimately enjoyable.
So are you saying the Empyrean is not quite as resolving as the Utopia and HD800? Would make sense given its warmer signature (something has to give). That doesn't make it worse, just different.

Dec 7, 2018 at 1:54 AM Post #1,695 of 12,974
It would make sense if the leather pads had more bass. Generally the better the seal the more bass and leather should seal better than Alcantara.

At least that is my experience from pad rolling on the Ether Flow, T5p and DT770.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back