Meze Audio LIRIC - The portable isodynamic hybrid array headphone
Mar 1, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #1,366 of 1,495
That is a good possibility. I recently purchased the Empyrean before the Empyrean 2 was announced. I also purchased the Liric through the Meze website in February as a self-birthday gift (could not pass up the free premium cable package). So if they do end up announcing a Liric 2, just let me know which headphones to buy next. Maybe the Sennheiser HD800S lol.

Edit: I do see some nice photos of the Liric in the rotating ads so hmm.
I had the Liric and loved them — my first foray into high-end audiophile headphones. Then the Focal Utopia blew away the Liric, and I ended up selling the Liric, but I will always respect Meze for the sheer quality of their products and the unmatched comfort.

I can see myself owning the Elite (or Elite II) in the future, alongside Susvara. That would be my ideal trio (Utopia, Susvara, Elite).

Mar 1, 2024 at 2:24 PM Post #1,368 of 1,495
I had the Liric and loved them — my first foray into high-end audiophile headphones. Then the Focal Utopia blew away the Liric, and I ended up selling the Liric, but I will always respect Meze for the sheer quality of their products and the unmatched comfort.

I can see myself owning the Elite (or Elite II) in the future, alongside Susvara. That would be my ideal trio (Utopia, Susvara, Elite).
I have known about Meze since they first started sending ASMR YouTubers free headphones (I forget which model). I've paid attention to them over the years and was always curious but never got a chance to listen to any of the models. Finally had the itch to get the Empyrean OG after the substantial price drop and the description of very dark sound but fun/musical. I have to say its become one of my favorites for metal, which is the main genre I listen to. Liric has been wonderful as well.
I heard a reviewer mention in a video that the Liric 2 is coming out.
Can you link me to this if you don't mind?

Mar 1, 2024 at 6:00 PM Post #1,370 of 1,495
I still have my lirics and I have yet to find a better closed back my preference might add some biases but for me the liric is cream of the crop for closed back.... I hope if they do release a version 2 they don't change the sound signature at all.
Well that can they change then? (except for the price ofc)
Liric is my best closed-back. Only the DCA Ether C(X) came close so far (eyeing E3 and Stealth though).

Mar 2, 2024 at 5:28 PM Post #1,373 of 1,495
Mar 2, 2024 at 5:45 PM Post #1,375 of 1,495
1709419508550.png

Hidden in plain sight

Mar 3, 2024 at 10:26 AM Post #1,377 of 1,495
Liric is no longer offered on Meze’s webpage so I’m assuming it’s been discontinued like the Empyrean. I’d be surprised if we don’t see a website update after today’s CanJam closing day.

Mar 3, 2024 at 10:44 AM Post #1,378 of 1,495
Liric is no longer offered on Meze’s webpage so I’m assuming it’s been discontinued like the Empyrean. I’d be surprised if we don’t see a website update after today’s CanJam closing day.
Website Update comes next week
Canjam Video mentioned and accidantly showed already the Liri II. (See few posts above)

Mar 3, 2024 at 10:57 AM Post #1,379 of 1,495
Website Update comes next week
Canjam Video mentioned and accidantly showed already the Liri II. (See few posts above)
Good to know. I find it weird that the Liric and Empyrean are no longer sold by Meze. You would think they would want to continue with their entire product lineup with such differences in tuning between the first and second iterations.

Mar 3, 2024 at 11:40 AM Post #1,380 of 1,495
Good to know. I find it weird that the Liric and Empyrean are no longer sold by Meze. You would think they would want to continue with their entire product lineup with such differences in tuning between the first and second iterations.
As a customer I'd prefer that but I can imagine that chuggling so many different production cycles could Pose quite the challenge to such small manufacturers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back