Meze Audio LIRIC - The portable isodynamic hybrid array headphone
Mar 12, 2022 at 2:03 AM Post #1,006 of 1,493
If you have a Liric, try to audition the Mojo 2. I'm liking what I'm hearing with the default EQ settings. :beyersmile:

20220312_105042.jpg

Mar 14, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #1,008 of 1,493
Sharing a recent review from AUDIOSOLACE

On Midrange,
Towards the upper end of the midrange, the Liric is both resolute and crisp without ever being ‘shouty’ and attracting unwanted resonances which plague some closed-back designs.
On soundstage and imaging, the Liric
excels in instrument separation and imaging with clear separation between notes crafting more sense of scale and space. There is great panning of stereo imaging and the Meze Audio Liric does well to render a cohesive and holographic soundscape.

If you share similar opinion on the Liric, make sure you check out the full review to find out the rest of his assessemnt to Meze Liric.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 22, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #1,011 of 1,493
What do you guys think of this review? I know Convince me audio has a Stellia and ZMF Verite in his collection, so this seems like really high praise of Liric. I'm curious to try it now.

Mar 25, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #1,012 of 1,493
Liric is held back with basic cables. Practically all criticisms in this thread can be eliminated. Aim for high quality OCC copper or silver cables. I ended up with Arctic Cables Magnus S for portable and Signum+ for desktop use. Upper mid/lower treble glare gone, bass punchier, mids allowed to shine. Tubes not necessary.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2022 at 6:28 PM Post #1,013 of 1,493
Liric is held back with basic cables. Practically all criticisms in this thread can be eliminated. Aim for high quality OCC copper or silver cables. I ended up with Arctic Cables Magnus S for portable and Signum+ for desktop use. Upper mid/lower treble glare gone, bass punchier, mids allowed to shine. Tubes not necessary.
Interesting comment. I am a new Liric owner and use A&K SE100 as my main source. I am liking the synergy but was wondering if going balanced would be an improvement?

Mar 25, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #1,014 of 1,493
Lator

Could not agree with you more!
On the previous page of this forum, I put down my thoughts/findings from the stock cable to the Meze upgrade SPC braided cable to the PlusSound Copper + cable I am using now.
100% glare is gone/high "artifact" is gone, I've got more clairty in the highs, better sound stage, and more impact on the bass, and more sub bass rumble.

Noticed Eric at Eletech has released today a new series of cable called "Dante" and has released a for headphone 21 AWG Copper cable he is calling the Inferno.
While I'm EXTREMELY happy with the PlusSound Cable and can whole heartidly recommend any cable from PlusSound, I'm tempted to order the new Inferno to try it out with the Liric, as many of the CanJam NY reviewers noted that the cable was there as a "prototype" and made a difference on the Audezee LCD-5 (Another Planar Magnetic headphone) and wondering for the Liric if it will change anything I'm hearing or add more than the Copper+.

I can honestly say (and I nnormally I lean towards Silver or Silver blend cables) IMO the Liric benefits more from a "upper end" copper cable than it does from SPC or Silver cables, but that is IMO, and YMMV.

Kereru

I do think the Liric benefits from a balanced input, if this helps
The Meze upgrade cable AND the PlusSound Copper+ I used are both 4.4mm Balanced cables

Hope this information helps, and again the above is IMO.

Mar 25, 2022 at 6:51 PM Post #1,015 of 1,493
Thank you very much for sharing your "journey" with us. Yes, this is not a review, but a journey to sound. This is soemthing we'll all do when we find the a true love, a headphone that we want to hang on and grow to next level with it.

By the way, is there a link to the Copper+ on PlusSound website? I found Copper+ reviews from Twister6 and Headphonia, but I couldn't locate the product from the offical website.
@Andykong

Not sure if you will be at CanJam SG with Meze or Cayin, but I know you were asking about information for the PlusSound Copper +
They just announced they will be at CanJam SG in the Zepplin & Co booth and will have the Copper+ Cable there
Just wanted to let you know in case:
1) you will be there
2) so you could try out the cable since there was interest
3) See if what you hear matches what I heard. (interested to always get a 2nd opinion)

Here is the post from PlusSound about being at CanJamSG
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/plussound-audio-thread.701384/page-106#post-16882323

As always THANK YOU Andy for your information and transparency (following you right now in the N8ii thread, still on the fence right now, and its not about the cost...) but can say its your willingness to put yourself out there that makes me interested with the N8ii beyond just the specs.

Mar 26, 2022 at 3:37 AM Post #1,016 of 1,493
Interesting comment. I am a new Liric owner and use A&K SE100 as my main source. I am liking the synergy but was wondering if going balanced would be an improvement?
Absolutely balanced all the way especially important with current limited portable gear.

Mar 26, 2022 at 6:36 AM Post #1,017 of 1,493
@Andykong

Not sure if you will be at CanJam SG with Meze or Cayin, but I know you were asking about information for the PlusSound Copper +
They just announced they will be at CanJam SG in the Zepplin & Co booth and will have the Copper+ Cable there
Just wanted to let you know in case:
1) you will be there
2) so you could try out the cable since there was interest
3) See if what you hear matches what I heard. (interested to always get a 2nd opinion)

Here is the post from PlusSound about being at CanJamSG
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/plussound-audio-thread.701384/page-106#post-16882323

As always THANK YOU Andy for your information and transparency (following you right now in the N8ii thread, still on the fence right now, and its not about the cost...) but can say its your willingness to put yourself out there that makes me interested with the N8ii beyond just the specs.

Unfortunatley, I can't attend the event. I did play for that but so happened HK/Macua/Taiwan traveller are not qualified for Vaccinated Travel Lane in Singapore, the entrance process was a bit complicated for me. Sinagpore just announced to lift all travel restriction for vaccinated travellers from 1 April onward, but the news was a bit too late for me to change my plan.

Thank you very much for your kind words, I am glad that my contributions are appreciated and helpful to headifer, not just my customers.

I used a lot of plusSound connectors when I make my own headphone cables and adapters. Their 4.4mm connectors saved me a lot of trouble (and money), I definitely looking forward to check out their Copper+ cable down the road.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 31, 2022 at 3:08 AM Post #1,018 of 1,493
Hi everyone. I just got my Liric recently and I'm overall very happy with the sound. However, I just noticed that one of the arms that hold the ear cup is a little bit loose (it can moves inward a bit when I press it, then spring back when I release my finger - but the other three arms are dead solid) and its driving my OCD mad. May I ask whether this is normal, and whether if anyone runs into the same problem as I do?

Thank you very much!
20220331_132112.jpg

Apr 5, 2022 at 1:32 AM Post #1,020 of 1,493
Hi everyone. I just got my Liric recently and I'm overall very happy with the sound. However, I just noticed that one of the arms that hold the ear cup is a little bit loose (it can moves inward a bit when I press it, then spring back when I release my finger - but the other three arms are dead solid) and its driving my OCD mad. May I ask whether this is normal, and whether if anyone runs into the same problem as I do?
Hi. Just checked mine and there is zero play. Did you reach out to Meze? May be a loose screw inside of the cup or something.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back