Meze Audio LIRIC - The portable isodynamic hybrid array headphone
Nov 26, 2021 at 9:11 AM Post #377 of 1,443
The Liric does not fold, correct? I am looking for headphones that pack somewhat compact, to be stored in a backpack for commuting. DCA Noire is an option, but the Liric seems to be more what I am looking for in terms of sound.

Nov 26, 2021 at 9:16 AM Post #378 of 1,443
The Liric does not fold, correct? I am looking for headphones that pack somewhat compact, to be stored in a backpack for commuting. DCA Noire is an option, but the Liric seems to be more what I am looking for in terms of sound.
The liric fits great into it's own case but doesn't fold nicely to Pack it into a Backpack without it

Nov 26, 2021 at 9:21 AM Post #379 of 1,443
No, they don't fold. The case it comes with is nice but quite bulky for a backpack.

Just joined the team, Liric came in today. First impressions are that it needs some burn-in... so I will hold off commenting on them any further at this point, sound wise. :)They are great in terms of comfort, as many have already stated. I need the rods to be almost fully extended lol.. I don't have a large head in terms of circumference, but I guess my ears are hanging lower than average... 🤷‍♂️ :sunglasses:

Nov 26, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #380 of 1,443
Well...I have the HP2i (very rare!), the HEMP, the RS2e the GS1000i and the RS2e. I don't know...maybe a 225x? Most people like the new x drivers, the HEMP is easily accessible enough. It has more bass as the older series. The 225x has the same 4th generation driver is ligther and cheaper as the HEMP. But Grado is not for everyone. It's more soul then hi-fi. I was just listening to this song from Pavarotti (with James Brown). It's a man' world. On Best of Pavarotti. You see, it sounds sublime with the Liric. Really. The I put on the HEMP and there was much less heft to the song. Less detail and it is less confortable to wear. But when Pavarotti starts to sing. It's just...pure energy, it soars. Presence pure. No other brand makes this for me. They thread more carefully, refined. Grado is pure and raw (in the mids). I don't know if it helps.
From my limited experience. I don’t think Grado gets enough credit for its speed and clarity. The speed was very planar like but lacked a little warmth and soundstage and dynamics. It was very reminiscent of the original Abyss Diana for a much much better value. I see the potential maybe I’ll try a 225x. Have you heard the ps500e or 1000? Thanks.

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:40 AM Post #382 of 1,443
No, they don't fold. The case it comes with is nice but quite bulky for a backpack.

Just joined the team, Liric came in today. First impressions are that it needs some burn-in... so I will hold off commenting on them any further at this point, sound wise. :)They are great in terms of comfort, as many have already stated. I need the rods to be almost fully extended lol.. I don't have a large head in terms of circumference, but I guess my ears are hanging lower than average... 🤷‍♂️ :sunglasses:
Yes they sound off on first listen a few hours with bass heavy edm gets it done quick. Not hip hop. It's good to hear them fresh to familiarize yourself with how bad they sound out of the box. Because after a week of constant use they continue to change. I'd also bend the center of the headband to get rid of the tightness. I adjusted them this morning and so much better. I fell asleep with them on the couch so comfy.
I drive around town in. My company work van listening to them. Parked just relaxing to some good dub step. These are my favorite Meze and Elite is 2nd. Elite is better sound quality but the Liric is the headphone for my edm music.

Down in the passenger seat sits my Zen DAC and Aune amplifier with music streaming off my iphone.
1637940933251840384288735708454.jpg

Nov 26, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #383 of 1,443
Yes they sound off on first listen a few hours with bass heavy edm gets it done quick. Not hip hop. It's good to hear them fresh to familiarize yourself with how bad they sound out of the box. Because after a week of constant use they continue to change. I'd also bend the center of the headband to get rid of the tightness. I adjusted them this morning and so much better. I fell asleep with them on the couch so comfy.
I drive around town in. My company work van listening to them. Parked just relaxing to some good dub step. These are my favorite Meze and Elite is 2nd. Elite is better sound quality but the Liric is the headphone for my edm music.

Down in the passenger seat sits my Zen DAC and Aune amplifier with music streaming off my iphone.
1637940933251840384288735708454.jpg
I agree the Elite is technically more proficient, but for Bass heavy genres the Liric is the best in Mezes lineup.

Nov 26, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #384 of 1,443
I agree the Elite is technically more proficient, but for Bass heavy genres the Liric is the best in Mezes lineup.
Honestly I would so the elite before I sell the liric. I like the treble tone over the Elite. The bass and midrange is fantastic. The Liric is the sound I was looking for in a portable headphone. Just fun, the Fostex TH900 is better but can be overwhelming sometimes with treble and doesn't feel locked so easily would fall off and last people can hear your music. The Liric really does top notch job of isolation even though it's not going mute all outside noise.

Nov 26, 2021 at 11:43 AM Post #386 of 1,443
Just arrived. The best closed headphone I ever tried and I just don't understand how you can say that right out of the box it sounds bad
Right out of the box it sounds good, after some 60ish hours it sounds even better

Nov 26, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #388 of 1,443

We, europeans, are waiting for your "headphones rental service". At least me :beerchug: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Nov 26, 2021 at 1:45 PM Post #389 of 1,443
Which best closed in your opinion, VC or LIRIC? Thanks
I can not tell you which one is best. They are so different. I think I have written it in the post, maybe not clear enough. The sound of the Liric is closer to my taste, and the portability would come in handy for some use cases.

I wrote about this some time back. They're a very different tuning. The Liric is clean, linear, slightly neutral with crisp top end and a tight sub-bass. The VC is lush, lush, lush mid-centric headphone with a smooth top end and an overall natural timbre. Really depends on your taste.
Pretty nice summary of what I have heard. I was expecting some more bass for a lush HP, but maybe some burn in was missing, being brand new in the shop.

What happened to your tube amps? I do not see any in your signature any more. Or am I mixing up something?

Nov 26, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #390 of 1,443
VC maybe more tonally correct how things sound in the world but the Liric has a more exciting tone that can draw you into just having a good time. If it's purpose is outside the house you'll get more out of the Liric. If just listening at home it would depend on how you like your music. If $600 more is cutting then go for the Liric. VC may require you to purchase more pads to find what you like. I have a Atticus that I retuned for poppeir bass and crystal like treble. So I veered off the road on that one. The VC I haven't changed partial because of it being a really good closed back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back