Meze Audio LIRIC - The portable isodynamic hybrid array headphone
Nov 25, 2021 at 7:52 AM Post #361 of 1,492
Wow, so far I'm very impressed with the consensus on the quality of these headphones.

Can anyone share how the Meze Liric sounds compared to the Sennheiser HD660S? I'm looking for a closed-back upgrade & variation to my Meze 99 Classics and these might be it.

Nov 25, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #362 of 1,492
Looking for a comparison to the Focal Radiance. If anyone has both on hand I'd love to hear your initial thoughts and impressions.

I wasn't looking for another closed back to replace my Radiance but I really like planar's and I'd love to see if this fits the bill.

I didn't like the LCDXC 2021 at all so if this is anything like that I'll stay far away from it.

Nov 25, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #363 of 1,492
I just received my Liric today and your picture reminded me to try it with my Z1.
Hi VeeAndBobby,

I noticed in your signature that you have both a Radiance as well as a Liric as well as an A&K KANN Alpha.

You're just the man i'm looking for.

When you have a free moment would you be able to share your thoughts on the Liric sourced by the KANN in comparison to the Radiance?

If there's a noticeable step up in performance I'd like to possibly sell my Radiance and upgrade to the Liric.

Nov 25, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #364 of 1,492
Looking for a comparison to the Focal Radiance. If anyone has both on hand I'd love to hear your initial thoughts and impressions.

I wasn't looking for another closed back to replace my Radiance but I really like planar's and I'd love to see if this fits the bill.

I didn't like the LCDXC 2021 at all so if this is anything like that I'll stay far away from it.
I thought you sold the Radiance? I'll have both from tomorrow onwards, but will need some time to let the Liric burn in and do some comparisons.

Nov 25, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #365 of 1,492
I thought you sold the Radiance? I'll have both from tomorrow onwards, but will need some time to let the Liric burn in and do some comparisons.
I did sell my Radiance.

Three days later I had massive sellers remorse so I bought another one.

Two days after that the Liric was announced.

Now i'm looking to possibly sell the Radiance again to pick up a Liric.

Obviously for my personality and tendencies this hobby is a unhealthy one for my wallet and decision making skills.

Nov 25, 2021 at 12:41 PM Post #366 of 1,492
Well, well, well, my LIRIC is here! That was fast.

Sadly, I'm a little too knackered at the moment to put them through their paces; it'll have to wait till the weekend. Color me excited! :)

Nov 25, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #367 of 1,492
Well, well, well, my LIRIC is here! That was fast.

Sadly, I'm a little too knackered at the moment to put them through their paces; it'll have to wait till the weekend. Color me excited! :)
Best closed back on the market!

Nov 25, 2021 at 5:17 PM Post #368 of 1,492
Nov 25, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #369 of 1,492
When cute things meet up.
Lyric-with-McIntosh-and-Dave.jpg

Unfortunately only two things are mine on the above picture.
Interestingly the visible song sounded for me best direct out of Dave, followed by R8, then from Dave through MHA200 on the Lyric.

The VC profited most from the McIntosh.
Here the order was reverse. The VC bass disappeared on the Dave direct. On R8 it was still OK. It seems I am addicted to the Meze house sound, not even the tubes helped there, though they helped a lot. One applicant less now on the closed back wishlist, even if it is beautiful.
Lyric-VC.jpg

Nov 25, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #370 of 1,492
Nov 25, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #371 of 1,492
When cute things meet up.
Lyric-with-McIntosh-and-Dave.jpg
Unfortunately only two things are mine on the above picture.
Interestingly the visible song sounded for me best direct out of Dave, followed by R8, then from Dave through MHA200 on the Lyric.

The VC profited most from the McIntosh.
Here the order was reverse. The VC bass disappeared on the Dave direct. On R8 it was still OK. It seems I am addicted to the Meze house sound, not even the tubes helped there, though they helped a lot. One applicant less now on the closed back wishlist, even if it is beautiful.
Lyric-VC.jpg
Which best closed in your opinion, VC or LIRIC? Thanks

Nov 26, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #372 of 1,492
Best closed back on the market!
Definitely up there. I've had mine for a week and continue to be impressed by them. Out of sheer curiosity, I paired them with the humble Mojo today and, dang, what a sweet combo. If anyone has a Mojo lying around, I really recommend trying out this combo - seems to add some heft in the lower mids and give a nice smoothness to the top end.

Nov 26, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #373 of 1,492
Which best closed in your opinion, VC or LIRIC? Thanks
I wrote about this some time back. They're a very different tuning. The Liric is clean, linear, slightly neutral with crisp top end and a tight sub-bass. The VC is lush, lush, lush mid-centric headphone with a smooth top end and an overall natural timbre. Really depends on your taste.

Nov 26, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #374 of 1,492
I wrote about this some time back. They're a very different tuning. The Liric is clean, linear, slightly neutral with crisp top end and a tight sub-bass. The VC is lush, lush, lush mid-centric headphone with a smooth top end and an overall natural timbre. Really depends on your taste.
I think its is the best way you get both, finished the search of closed backs :relaxed:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back