Meze Audio LIRIC - The portable isodynamic hybrid array headphone
Dec 23, 2021 at 1:57 PM Post #661 of 1,495
I wouldn't want to give you an answer, because it's a mess, but – if you dig through older Darko videos (from last six months or so), I think you'll probably find one. He's certainly done videos on lossless / iOS / etc, but can't remember precisely what he said.
Thank you - i figured out the answer - all you need is an external dac. It has nothing to do with Apple Music subscription. When you subscribe it just gives you some options in settings to select hig rez audio formats.

Dec 23, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #662 of 1,495
How does this pair with any of the ifi Gear? For the time being i bought an ifi Go Blue to use with my old Sony WH 1000 XM3 while I am on my permanent headphone search. I to like the bass boost on this little unit... Would the Go Blue be ok to drive the liric in portable situations or should I go for the ifi XDSD? Any other amp/dac recommendations that have a good bass boost like the ifi

Meze cans like our DAC/amps quite a lot and, although we don't have Liric at our office yet, this model most likely won't be an exception. If you already have Go blu, it's very powerful considering its size and Liric's specs (100dB at 1mW/kHz, 30Ω) say it's not a product difficult to drive. With our xDSD and xDSD Gryphon you would however get better sound quality than with GO blu, but as per @Andykong 's suggestion this small DAC/amp is a good start.

Last edited:
iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Dec 23, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #663 of 1,495
The Meze isodynamic cans are proving to be a very good pairing with the xDSD Gryphon @iFi audio

Dec 23, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #664 of 1,495
Meze cans like our DAC/amps quite a lot and, although we don't have Liric at our office yet, this model most likely won't be an exception. If you already have Go blu, it's very powerful considering its size and Liric's specs (100dB at 1mW/kHz, 30Ω) say it's not a product difficult to drive. With our xDSD and xDSD Gryphon you would however get better sound quality than with GO blu, but as per @Andykong 's suggestion this small DAC/amp is a good start.
You should get a Liric for the Office, it punchess well above its price tag and as you mentioned likely pairs nicely with the iFi gear.

Dec 23, 2021 at 6:46 PM Post #666 of 1,495
iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Dec 23, 2021 at 11:50 PM Post #667 of 1,495
The iFi Go Blue offers 245mW Balanced and 165mW Single-ended at 32Ω, that is a good start with LIRIC. I suggest you keep the Go Blue and used it with LIRIC for a while, it'll work fine as-is. After you form your own opinion with the the LIRIC + Go Blue and come out with a list of sonic and features (or power) requirements in your next upgrade, you'll have a better idea of what you want to look for. If you still not sure by that time, you can share your impression and requirement here, I am sure a lot of LIRIC users will offer suggestions when you can state your requirement clearly.
That is a very good idea! I will certainly follow that advice. I have bought a pair of Meze Raj Solo iem's to tie me over until i get my Liric's in january and these also sound amazing. Very surprised about their sound quality with IFI go blue for such a good price.

Dec 24, 2021 at 9:28 AM Post #668 of 1,495
Just arrived.

IMG_3703.jpg

Merry Christmas 🎄

Dec 24, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #669 of 1,495
You should get a Liric for the Office, it punchess well above its price tag and as you mentioned likely pairs nicely with the iFi gear.

Reader,

Is there a better sounding closed back headphone on the Planet.?

Probably not.

You can get a warmer thicker fuller sound, ....see ZMF........but is it better sounding? Not really.
The Liric quite surpasses the ZMF when it comes to instrument separation.
And, if you love Choral, Classical, or something like Mandolin, or Acoustic Finger Style guitar, then its no contest, the Liric is the clear winner.

The Stellia is very good, but you need to enjoy too much low end punch to love the Stellia.

You can get a brighter treble led set of Beyer's, but are they better sounding?.....No.

You can get the awful HD820...... its not better sounding.

How about the AH-D9200? Well, id say that one is the only one that equals it, but, its a totally different sound signature. So, you are comparing a Porsche with a Lamborghini... and they both finish the race in front.

The LIRIC is the answer.....however, you might prefer the ZMF VC or some Audeze Closed, but, they dont sound better then the Liric.
They just sound different.

The LIRIC certainly tops them all regarding sleek design and its comfort level is outstanding.
Its a thing of beauty.. The Design, the aesthetics, .........impressive.

Its basically a flawless great sounding headphone that supplies the answer to the question.....>"what do i buy when i have the money and i want a great closed back set of headphones".

A.). Meze LIRIC

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #670 of 1,495
Reader,

Probably not.

You can get a warmer thicker fuller sound, ....see ZMF........but is it better sounding? Not really.
And, if you love Choral, Classical, or something like Mandolin, or Acoustic Finger Style guitar, then its no contest, the Liric is the clear winner.

The Stellia is very good, but you need to enjoy too much low end punch to love the Stellia.

You can get a brighter treble led set of Beyer's, but are they better sounding?.....No.

How about the AH-D9200? Well, id say that one is the only one that equals it, but, its a totally different sound signature. So, you are comparing a Porsche with a Lamborghini... and they both finish the race in front.

The LIRIC is the answer.....however, you might prefer the ZMF VC or some Audeze Closed, but, they dont sound better then the Liric.

The LIRIC certainly tops them all regarding sleek design and its comfort level is outstanding.

Its basically a flawless great sounding headphone that supplies the answer to the question.....>"what do i buy when i have the money and i want a great closed back set of headphones".

A.). Meze LIRIC
I do think it's great, but i didn't find it clearly better than Z1R, except in the highs. Stellias might be a bit more detailed than the Liric, but i hate the overall tonality.

Dec 24, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #671 of 1,495
I do think it's great, but i didn't find it clearly better than Z1R, except in the highs. Stellias might be a bit more detailed than the Liric, but i hate the overall tonality.

Yes.

Really good headphones, tend to fall into 2 classes..

"generally do it all pretty good", or, "do some things incredibly great, but not all".

So, take one or the other, or, carefully buy 5 different sets and have it all.
The Liric allows for "general audience listening", and for "Audiophile listening".

This is Meze's idea of headphone sound......that is should be, most of all, comfort on the outer and inner ears for long term listening, and then, dial in enough of the critical listening sound experience to suit those who want to hear all the details.

Headphone resolution and detail retrieval, amongst Flagships, has gotten well past reality. They now re-EQ music, they literally add more realism then is actually recorded.
The Liric and the Elite, do not do this.....they only present what is there, inherently, ....vs, trying to artificially add more so that the AD truthfully says...>>"you wont believe all the details you will hear".
And the reason you dont believe it, yet you hear it, is because the headphones are inventing it, and you just paid a lot of money for this false reality that some Hyper Flagship's produce.

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #675 of 1,495
Reader,

Probably not.

A.). Meze LIRIC
Sounds like you really like the Liric. I signed up for the tour and I’ll get a chance to hear it first hand. If I like what I hear, I’ll get a set to go along with my Z1R’s.

It is not so simple but for my ears or accordingly to the frequency response that you can find in the first page , yes it belongs to the balanced sound signature of the website you mentioned.
I’m curious as to how the Liric does treble and transients. Are the transients sharp, fast like Focal headphones and is the treble just right like it is on the Elites?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back