MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Mar 14, 2023 at 11:54 PM Post #4,246 of 5,646
I’m much earlier on the Caldera loaner tour than @ckhirnigs113 — probably just before Memorial Day. I’ll certainly express some opinions regarding them vs Atrium, Auteur, HEKse, Ether 2 & Hedd.

@ckhirnigs113 mentioned differences between our chains — his tube amps vs my SS amps could have made a significant difference in our impressions. My BHC arrived long after the Elite departed, and I suspect it would have played poorly w/ Elite due to impedance mis-match.

But I would just restate that:

… I could have been perfectly happy w/ the Elites, but …

If I were profligate I would have kept Elite because I really enjoyed both sound signatures, Elite’s comfort is un-matched, and the visual aesthetic of each is so great yet completely different. But alas …

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:13 AM Post #4,247 of 5,646
The new pads really add a new flavor.
I only had one Session of maybe 2h with them until now and no direct comparisons yet.

What I can say is that they feel incredibly open and very clear. I'm curious how this pairs with the Empyrean.

From memory I'd say that the bass quantity is lower than on the Hybrid pads, but need to confirm in a direct test.

Mar 15, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #4,248 of 5,646
The new pads really add a new flavor.
I only had one Session of maybe 2h with them until now and no direct comparisons yet.

What I can say is that they feel incredibly open and very clear. I'm curious how this pairs with the Empyrean.

From memory I'd say that the bass quantity is lower than on the Hybrid pads, but need to confirm in a direct test.
Do you find the bass equally satisfying just a different presentation compared to the hybrids? I don't mind a bit less quantity, if the quality is there with extension and impact. I found on the old Alcantara pads the bass quantity and extension is just not enough for my taste.

Mar 15, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #4,249 of 5,646
Do you find the bass equally satisfying just a different presentation compared to the hybrids? I don't mind a bit less quantity, if the quality is there with extension and impact. I found on the old Alcantara pads the bass quantity and extension is just not enough for my taste.
I will Reserve judgement until I heard them in an A/B test.
Will let you know soo

Mar 15, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #4,250 of 5,646
Another special paint job for $1000?

FB_IMG_1678895294529.jpg

Mar 15, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #4,251 of 5,646
Another special paint job for $1000?

Looks actually only like an all black Version, like the one for the Empyrean.

In Empyreans case it comes at no additional cost

Mar 15, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #4,252 of 5,646
Effective March 23rd, the regular Elite are now going to be known as the Elite Aluminum. These are the new Elite Tungsten. Same pricing.

Mar 15, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #4,254 of 5,646
Our *ELITE* headphone, known for its exceptional sound quality, comfort, and stylish design, is now available in the new *TUNGSTEN* finish, offering customers more choice and versatility. This new version of Elite features a dark graphite grey finish, with subtle silver particles, adding a touch of sophistication and elegance to Meze’s flagship, while making it the perfect choice for audiophiles who value both sound quality and style. To quote Antonio Meze: “this colour was not chosen by chance. Tungsten is an exceptionally strong and durable material, and we chose it to enforce our commitment to making things that are reliable, things that last well through the years.” - Elite Tungsten will be available worldwide on *March** 23rd*, at the same price level as the existing colour (named from now on Elite Aluminium) – 4000 USD

Mar 15, 2023 at 12:38 PM Post #4,255 of 5,646
Maybe it's this one?

Edit... ok, here's the pic. The link above will give you the option to select Tungsten under finish.

Media_Kit_Transparent_Elite_Tungsten_2_1390x1390.png.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #4,256 of 5,646
Comes with a different case as well it would seem

Media_Kit_Transparent_Elite_Tungsten_6_1392x928.png.jpeg

Mar 15, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #4,257 of 5,646
Maybe it's this one?

Edit... ok, here's the pic. The link above will give you the option to select Tungsten under finish.

Media_Kit_Transparent_Elite_Tungsten_2_1390x1390.png.jpeg
Seems the vendor has been a bit premature at uploading this. Meze only started to tease about the new release.

Mar 15, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #4,258 of 5,646
I googled it and the webpage came up. It must have been there for a day or two for it to be picked up and archived. Should I take them off here... don't want Head Fi to get into bother etc!

Mar 15, 2023 at 12:53 PM Post #4,259 of 5,646
Respectful from them to keep the same pricing. It is not another zebra (maybe leopard) pattern with extra 1k on price.

Mar 15, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #4,260 of 5,646
I googled it and the webpage came up. It must have been there for a day or two for it to be picked up and archived. Should I take them off here... don't want Head Fi to get into bother etc!
If it is out, it is out.
Respectful from them to keep the same pricing. It is not another zebra (maybe leopard) pattern with extra 1k on price.
Lol! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back