MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Mar 15, 2023 at 3:42 PM Post #4,277 of 5,671
Will there be a tungsten Chameleon Empyrean?
If so, fast, someone take my copper one

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #4,278 of 5,671
I've been trying out the new pads and personally think they're the best of the lot for my taste. In addition to the comfort, the key differences I am picking up are
  • Transparency - detail clarity
  • Three dimensionality - more breathing room between the elements on the soundstage
  • Naturalness - vocals are less forward / in the head, so overall sound is more balanced
  • Bass tautness - probably the most notable difference, with any semblance of softness / wooliness vastly reduced

Yes, bass quantity overall is slightly diminished, why I'd attribute to the tonal shift to being more sub-bass focused and less bodied in the mid-bass. This results in a cleaner, tighter presentation of bass. Don't find impact affected other than feeling like it being higher quality.

Interestingly enough, I don't find these pads more fatiguing. The added clarity may seem like being slightly brighter but this is balanced by the more natural positioning in terms of stage depth.

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #4,279 of 5,671
@xenithon 👍

Yes the woom woom has affected the tonal balance too much 🙈
(but who wants the woom woom can reach for the other pads 👍)

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #4,281 of 5,671
New Elite owner & happy to be here! Bought an Ex-Demo set with full 2 year warranty from a UK Dealer for £2500 with the Meze branded stand and next day delivery, I think that's excellent value for such a well regarded Headphone. Tried them last night for the first time, managed a short session of about 2 hours & they were way better than I expected. I have an RME ADI FS 2 DAC, balanced out into a Violectric V281, coming from a set of Fostex TH900 MKII's, far too early for any firm impressions but I have to say the comfort is amazing & the width of soundstage and layering is incredible, really looking forward to getting to know them better. Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG20230301153256.jpg
    IMG20230301153256.jpg
    505.9 KB · Views: 0
Mar 16, 2023 at 9:02 AM Post #4,282 of 5,671
New Elite owner & happy to be here! Bought an Ex-Demo set with full 2 year warranty from a UK Dealer for £2500 with the Meze branded stand and next day delivery, I think that's excellent value for such a well regarded Headphone. Tried them last night for the first time, managed a short session of about 2 hours & they were way better than I expected. I have an RME ADI FS 2 DAC, balanced out into a Violectric V281, coming from a set of Fostex TH900 MKII's, far too early for any firm impressions but I have to say the comfort is amazing & the width of soundstage and layering is incredible, really looking forward to getting to know them better. Cheers.
I also have a RME ADI-2 bit with a Violectric V202. I like this combo very much with the Elite!

Mar 16, 2023 at 1:44 PM Post #4,283 of 5,671
While I do like the new Tugsten look, I feel a bit betrayed...got the OG chameleon, and it was supposed to be a unique colour. Now the same is here with Tungsten frame, not cool.

Mar 16, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #4,284 of 5,671
While I do like the new Tugsten look, I feel a bit betrayed...got the OG chameleon, and it was supposed to be a unique colour. Now the same is here with Tungsten frame, not cool.
agree with you. Having the OG chameleon now feels not "special" anymore...

Mar 16, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #4,285 of 5,671
Well, the frame is still different. The 'OG' was limited to 22, the new version is limited to 10. I think it is still special enough.
Supercar manufacturers do the same. They come out with some limited series all the time.

Mar 16, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #4,286 of 5,671
DAMN thats a steal. I need a deal like that!

Mar 16, 2023 at 2:57 PM Post #4,288 of 5,671
I also have a RME ADI-2 bit with a Violectric V202. I like this combo very much with the Elite!
I've only had the RME for about a month, it is an amazing piece of tech, just getting to grips with the unique menu system, it does get confusing but worth the effort! Very happy with the Violectric too, just gets on with providing decent power, it will last forever, bulletproof build!

Mar 16, 2023 at 3:00 PM Post #4,289 of 5,671
DAMN thats a steal. I need a deal like that!
I have to say that I'm smitten with the Elites, I feel like I have a bargain on my hands, really enjoying what I am hearing on day two & they are so comfortable (I have just listed my Abyss 1266 PHI lite's for sale as I found the comfort difficult (for my head!), I just want to put the set on, forget they are there and just enjoy the music, the Abyss failed for me on this point, shame as the sonics were mental, especially the bass!

Mar 16, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #4,290 of 5,671
I have to say that I'm smitten with the Elites, I feel like I have a bargain on my hands, really enjoying what I am hearing on day two & they are so comfortable (I have just listed my Abyss 1266 PHI lite's for sale as I found the comfort difficult (for my head!), I just want to put the set on, forget they are there and just enjoy the music, the Abyss failed for me on this point, shame as the sonics were mental, especially the bass!
Glad to hear it.

I could never get the Abyss 1266 tc to sit comfortably on my head so sent them back.

The Elites are wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back