MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Mar 16, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #4,291 of 5,664
the abyss is worth the effort to get the fit right because sound wise they are in another league in my personal opinion...that said the elite are beautiful and comfortable for sure and dont need a powerful amp so I see the allure for some

Mar 16, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #4,293 of 5,664
Just got the Empyrean leather pads in for my Elite. Holy s_$t do they open them up and add just enough lushness to be the best of both worlds.
Yep, I've been saying it for a year now - the best Elite pads are Empyrean pads.

Mar 16, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #4,295 of 5,664
That is about the second-hand market price currently. Keep an eye on classifieds! :wink:
Oh I have been, but, everybody wants a bit more than that right now. Im patient. I'll hold out for a good deal. Still too busy to have much listening time for the next month or so, but, I'll have a pair by summertime.

Mar 16, 2023 at 10:32 PM Post #4,296 of 5,664
I have to say that I'm smitten with the Elites, I feel like I have a bargain on my hands, really enjoying what I am hearing on day two & they are so comfortable (I have just listed my Abyss 1266 PHI lite's for sale as I found the comfort difficult (for my head!), I just want to put the set on, forget they are there and just enjoy the music, the Abyss failed for me on this point, shame as the sonics were mental, especially the bass!
Yeah, the 1266 are legendary, especially with EDM and rap which are my mains, but, I have chronic migraine disorder and those are a medieval torture device.

Mar 16, 2023 at 10:33 PM Post #4,297 of 5,664
Yep, I've been saying it for a year now - the best Elite pads are Empyrean pads.
Yes indeed you have. It's you that has me definitely giving them a chance. The ease of pad switching makes the elite even better. I'm glad they have new angled plans, too.

Mar 17, 2023 at 4:47 AM Post #4,299 of 5,664
how do the Empyrean leatherpads compare to new angled pads on the Elite?
That's like the biggest contrast of all pads.
The leather pads increase bass quantity and fullness while the angled Alcantara pads go into the other direction with less bass, wider soundstage and airier presentation.

Hybrid Pads being somewhere in the middle and probably the sweet Spot for most.

The Hybrid pads are not as deep as the others, if you have issues with the ears touching the Grill, both other pads fix that.

Mar 17, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #4,300 of 5,664
Not sure where it's most appropriate to post impressions of this dark trinity comparison, but this is pretty much what my weekend will look like :
63B90B41-F9EE-497F-B63C-3926BD3048A4.jpeg

Mar 17, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #4,302 of 5,664
Why ask ? If it sounds good, it can’t be cheap, period. At the moment where the market and demands are, I would say that headphones that sounds good and sitting at TOTL should be priced $8,999 or about that

Before anyone criticize my view, let me remind you that even a cable can cost $3-4k. Now if the phones manufacturers don’t cheap out and include TOTL cables that synergies the best with their TOTL phones, the price range $8,999-10,999 still is cheap
I dont know about all of that :eyes: the younger generation is definitely going to have the hardest time digging into this hobby if flagship headphones start charging close to $10k for hifi sound. It's hard enough to save up the money for headphones, not including a DAC/Amp. I'm not saying everything has to be affordable, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

Mar 17, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #4,303 of 5,664
Not sure where it's most appropriate to post impressions of this dark trinity comparison, but this is pretty much what my weekend will look like :
63B90B41-F9EE-497F-B63C-3926BD3048A4.jpeg
Incredible, my friend! Truly a trifecta of art and a triumph of sound!

Mar 17, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #4,305 of 5,664
I can't think of a better set of 3 cans tbh. Imo. Thats it right there. That Special Edition Final is soooo sexy. The Dark Mystery is my favorite Elite. And that Stealth is my favorite (and it's by far the best looking cb) closed-back.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back