MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Jun 18, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #2,387 of 5,614
Does anyone know what parts are compatible between Empy and Elite? For example can Elite drivers be placed into Empy body?
One of the reasons I am asking is that I would love a copper Elite. I do not like current versions, even less the exclusive ones.
They do not sell those parts separately or build you a custom copper Elite afaik.
However if you were to buy an Elite and Empyrean of your own, you can switch the grilles since they are identical, at least to my knowledge.

Jun 18, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #2,388 of 5,614
@Toonartist , I'm not sure if i remember this correctly, but did you have an order placed for a Feliks Envy?

Yes. Still waiting. Not sure how long it’s going to take. Been about 5 weeks so far! Thinking of placing an order… or already waiting?

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 5:14 PM Post #2,389 of 5,614
Yes. Still waiting. Not sure how long it’s going to take. Been about 5 weeks so far! Thinking of placing an order… or already waiting?
Still in doing research phase. 2 weeks i didn't want any amp, last week i didn't want a tube amp, now I'm considering it because this seems like the natural evolution for most people, considering skipping a few steps. What does your setup look like? Have you heard it with the Elites before ordering?

Jun 18, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #2,390 of 5,614
No but my dealer who I bought the Elites and Empyrean from recommended it. Been looking for a tube amp for about 6 month or more now. I’ve bought a lot of gear from them and trust their judgement. I just explained what I wanted and they provide options. And of course, the ability to return if I’m not happy.

The intended main setup will be the Naim Atom HE as a streamer connected via Tellurium Q Ultra Silver XLR cables. But I’ll also have a Hugo 2 to connect with Oyaide silver RCAs.

This should give me the ability to shift from solid state to tubes with minimal gear to worry about.

Edit. Forgot to say, my dealer also knew I was keen on adding additional planars at some point and recommended the Envy over the Euforia which I was look at as that would struggle with some of the harder to drive planar headphones

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2022 at 6:11 PM Post #2,391 of 5,614
FWIW, while I think the Envy is probably a very nice amplifier (and the reviews in the Envy thread seen to indicate as much), I cannot, in good conscious, buy one. I think the are issues going on with Feliks. I've tried for two months to buy some tubes from Frankez and Lukasz, and got nothing but the runaround. Order refunded twice, nothing but excuses. Is be afraid of buying an $8k amp from a company with uncertain support system.

The Elites are wonderful, though...

Jun 18, 2022 at 6:18 PM Post #2,392 of 5,614
From what I can understand, there is a shortage of tubs given the restrictions of those that come from Russia. That said, I haven’t paid anything for the amp so if it never turned up there is nothing to refund.

Where did the rumours of Feliks being in trouble come from?

Jun 18, 2022 at 6:57 PM Post #2,393 of 5,614
Me. Not rumors. I never said they were in trouble, I said their customer service is suffering terribly and I wouldn't invest in an $8k amp from someone who can't even fulfill an order for tubes in two months.

I've talked with Lukasz directly, he's unable to follow a simple email thread properly. I'm simply sharing my experience with them. YMMV, but until there a dramatic change, I'll invest my money elsewhere.

Jun 18, 2022 at 9:55 PM Post #2,394 of 5,614
They do not sell those parts separately or build you a custom copper Elite afaik.
However if you were to buy an Elite and Empyrean of your own, you can switch the grilles since they are identical, at least to my knowledge.
Thank you for the reply.
Initially I thought the Copper grill would not go well with Elite silver armour, but now that I think more about it, I think it will. Probably copper pivots could be a better match for the copper grill, but maybe Elite black pivots woud not be bad. There was an old picture, when Empy was being prototyped, before it actually launched, that had bronze/gold/copper grill with silver armour, but I can't find it now.
BTW, another thing also important to me is the stiffness of the pivots, I would like them stiffer than on my Empy. I read someone talking about the Elite pivots being stiffer than Empy ones, but I am not sure that was just a sample variation, or if it is really a design change from Meze. Can you confirm that from your Elite and Empy?

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2022 at 6:24 AM Post #2,395 of 5,614
BTW, another thing also important to me is the stiffness of the pivots
Probably unit variation.
There is no significant difference in the stiffness on my pairs.

There is a little more clamp on the Elite, Probably to accomodate for the smaller earpads. Of course only felt when using the same pads on both

Jun 20, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #2,396 of 5,614

Curious why nobody posted this yet, there will be a strongly limited Version of the Empyrean/Elite, called Chameleon, with a special laquer that changes color depending on the angle you look at it.

Only 22 pieces available. I guess either Elite or Empyrean (total) and will be built as ordered.

Has been presented on the high end in munich. Which was a few weeks ago already
Thanks for sharing this, I wasn't aware until you posted this. Looks fantastic and I'm just about to order one!

I never really liked the look of the Elite versus the Empyrean and I was hoping they'd come with a different colour scheme like they did with the Empyrean. Certainly not ugly at all (probably still prettier than most other headphones), but I've always liked the copper on the Empyrean and I feel like the silver/black is just a bit bland. I do love the all-black aesthetics on the Chameleon, with a beautiful coloration on the grill. Lovely.

I had wanted to pick up an Elite later in the year, but didn't want to pass up such a cool limited edition.

Jun 20, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #2,397 of 5,614
Thanks for sharing this, I wasn't aware until you posted this. Looks fantastic and I'm just about to order one!

I never really liked the look of the Elite versus the Empyrean and I was hoping they'd come with a different colour scheme like they did with the Empyrean. Certainly not ugly at all (probably still prettier than most other headphones), but I've always liked the copper on the Empyrean and I feel like the silver/black is just a bit bland. I do love the all-black aesthetics on the Chameleon, with a beautiful coloration on the grill. Lovely.

I had wanted to pick up an Elite later in the year, but didn't want to pass up such a cool limited edition.
I am actually in discussion to sell my copper Empyrean in order to get this Version of it.
However I probably should save the money for other headphones than just a color swap ...

These are very strongly limited with only 22 pieces, so you better Reserve yours fast :wink:

Jun 20, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #2,398 of 5,614
I am actually in discussion to sell my copper Empyrean in order to get this Version of it.
However I probably should save the money for other headphones than just a color swap ...

These are very strongly limited with only 22 pieces, so you better Reserve yours fast :wink:
Can't resist either heh? 😄

Mine is reserved! I just need to transfer the money... should have picked a cheaper hobby...

Jun 21, 2022 at 2:15 AM Post #2,399 of 5,614
The Cayin HA300B looks stunning in black. I think I would have gone for it if it hadn’t been for the Envy. It’s certainly a centre piece amp… the glow against the dark finish just looks amazing!
Envy definitely pick my interest as well! Haven't got chance to listen to it though. Perhaps next I go to Singapore trip I may test it.

Tomorrow I will try to compare Cayin HA300 mk2 with Ultrasonic Oblivion (this amp is like my "reference" of tube amp). Also I think in few months I may be able to listen Ultrasonic Telemachus 300B as well to compare.

You can't go wrong with HA-300MK2 (sorry, the official model number is slightly different) or Envy, you can't go wrong with any 300B and Meze Elite pairing. They really are musical and involving, drawing you right into your music.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but please be reminded that the HA-300MK2 required more desk space and a stronger desktop.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jun 21, 2022 at 2:20 AM Post #2,400 of 5,614
Tough battle, but the Silver Surfer, I mean the Silver Headphone, still wins my heart.

Oop, you have attended the HA-300MK2 launch event in Indonesia? Did the Elite sound good at the event? Good enough to endanger the wallet of a lot of visitors? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back