MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 12, 2021 at 3:40 PM Post #496 of 5,594
Oh, that’s a bit of a joke (apparently a very small bit). I bought them, used them for a while, and then sold them. Sold the Empys for about $300 less than I paid, and the RAD-0s for about $400 less than I paid. But the amusing part is I sold the RAD-0s back to the guy I bought them from … thus the notion of a rental. Sorry for the confusion.
That "rent" perspective is pretty cool, actually. Excellent way to approach that thought process. Makes way more sense to apply that thinking rather than the other typical options. Will use that in other areas of life as well. 🎃

Sep 12, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #497 of 5,594
That "rent" perspective is pretty cool, actually. Excellent way to approach that thought process. Makes way more sense to apply that thinking rather than the other typical options. Will use that in other areas of life as well. 🎃
Yeah once you Explore the used market and dealer Discounts, the hobby becomes a lot more approachable.

Sep 12, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #498 of 5,594
Guys, I'm stuck in a pickle here biting my thumb. So the new update on my Elite which should of passed about 100 hours of continuous burnin in and they are actually starting to sound pretty sweet. Should I sell them and get the Solitaire-P or just invest in a tube amp like the Wells Dragon. Ugh, why couldn't these continue to suck, would of made my decision easier. Lol
Have you tried other gear so far apart from the DX300 to drive the Elite? If so, did you notice a big difference?

Sep 12, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #499 of 5,594
Oh, that’s a bit of a joke (apparently a very small bit). I bought them, used them for a while, and then sold them. Sold the Empys for about $300 less than I paid, and the RAD-0s for about $400 less than I paid. But the amusing part is I sold the RAD-0s back to the guy I bought them from … thus the notion of a rental. Sorry for the confusion.
Sounds like me and you are a lot alike. I rented stuff since 2016. Lol

Have you tried other gear so far apart from the DX300 to drive the Elite? If so, did you notice a big difference?
I heard it on the Danaaudio Headspace amp and this past Saturday I listened on a tube amp. I'm 100% getting a tube amp for these. It sounded soooo good. And that was with a $1000 tube amp. The headspace is like 8/9 grand. I much preferred the tube. The Elite was intoxicating for me.

Sep 12, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #500 of 5,594
I heard it on the Danaaudio Headspace amp and this past Saturday I listened on a tube amp. I'm 100% getting a tube amp for these. It sounded soooo good. And that was with a $1000 tube amp. The headspace is like 8/9 grand. I much preferred the tube. The Elite was intoxicating for me.
Sooo which Tube amp are you aiming for?

Sep 12, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #503 of 5,594
Anyone have opportunity to test the Empyrean leather ear pads? Won't to buy a set. Would like to know if they ruin the headphone sound. I like the alacantra pads as the change is good.

Sep 12, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #504 of 5,594
Sounds like quite the journey since a few days ago!

Sep 12, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #505 of 5,594
Yes, it's been around. I'm glad I didn't give up on them and send them back before properly burning them in. I would've missed out and bought something else and maybe made an even worse choice.

Sep 12, 2021 at 6:28 PM Post #506 of 5,594
Yeah tubes are ridiculous with them. I'm on WA5 LE with KR300BHP Shugaung cv181 z and KR 274B. Both ear pads do amazing job. The hybrid give best for excitement and alacantra are good for chilling.

Sep 12, 2021 at 6:49 PM Post #508 of 5,594
I thought you had collapsed on your keyboard for a bit there! I'll google a bit.
I think my street talk comes out when I'm to excited. Come on it's the Elite, gonna fall. In my defense I bought CBD gummies at a fair and didn't realize they had THC. Last night wasn't fun.

Sep 12, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #509 of 5,594
I wrote an impression on r/headphone about the elite here. Overall, I am very impressed with the Elite. I have the arya and purchased the empyrean short before the elite was released. After watching some very early review about the elite, I returned my empy and luckily was able to purchase an elite on the first batch. I feel the elite is kinda everything I wanted the arya and empy to be. Amazing soundstage(height, width, and depth), clean and textured bass, full bodied mids, and good treble without it being fatiguing. This is the first time where I bought a headphone that not only did it checked all the boxes, but even surpassed my expectations. It's freaken glorious.

Sep 12, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #510 of 5,594
I wrote an impression on r/headphone about the elite here. Overall, I am very impressed with the Elite. I have the arya and purchased the empyrean short before the elite was released. After watching some very early review about the elite, I returned my empy and luckily was able to purchase an elite on the first batch. I feel the elite is kinda everything I wanted the arya and empy to be. Amazing soundstage(height, width, and depth), clean and textured bass, full bodied mids, and good treble without it being fatiguing. This is the first time where I bought a headphone that not only did it checked all the boxes, but even surpassed my expectations. It's freaken glorious.
Same feeling. These are better then Solitaire P. The Arya has too much air when I do a side by side comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back