MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 11, 2021 at 9:07 AM Post #466 of 5,590
I don't mind the wait. I have a bunch of new toys to tide me over :). I just got a set of D8K Pro's that are proving to be surprisingly great listen. To be honest, I'm more excited about the Elites than any of the other new releases even the reviews are kind of mixed at the moment.
Then go for it, join me in the Dark Mystery waiting club

Sep 11, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #467 of 5,590
Sep 11, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #468 of 5,590
Brain burn?
No, before I barely heard subbass it was kind of rolled off. Now listening and it's magically there. It just sounds more cohesive. Everything changed for me.

Dark Mystery and Copper, Exactly the two versions I will own.

@PeteSTRADAMUS do you have a dealer that can loan you a Solitaire P?
Best way to decide your Dilemma is to compare them side by side on your own chain
Nope, I don't unfortunately. I don't even know any dealers that carry it.

Sep 11, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #469 of 5,590
Got the Elite today. Trying them with the Naim Uniti Atom HE for now. My first impressions after 1 hour of listening is that this way better than the Empyrean OG for my taste: more balanced tonality, we’ll defined bass, extra level of detail without sounding too technical. It’s a keeper.

I’ll be doing more comparisons between them in the next days but I’ll probably sell my Empyrean OG.
Yeah, after a few days of more focused listening with both, I decided to keep the Elite and sell the Empyrean. They are different enough to potentially keeping both but I'm trying to keep my collection at a sane size :)

Sep 11, 2021 at 2:11 PM Post #470 of 5,590
How is the detail retrieving, imaging, layering and soundstage of Meze Elite? If someone have Dan Stealth and a Meze Elite and could do a compare on these specs, I will be thankful. I'm almost pulling the trigger for stealth, but Elite have my attetion too.

Sep 11, 2021 at 2:41 PM Post #471 of 5,590
How is the detail retrieving, imaging, layering and soundstage of Meze Elite? If someone have Dan Stealth and a Meze Elite and could do a compare on these specs, I will be thankful. I'm almost pulling the trigger for stealth, but Elite have my attetion too.
Those attributes are outstanding with the Elite, and far superior to the Empyrean. I have a Stealth on order, but not yet received. Based on comments I've read, I'm not expecting to like the Stealth as well as the Elite, which is now my favorite HP. However, I need a good closed-back, so hoping to like the Stealth well enough to keep it.

Sep 11, 2021 at 2:45 PM Post #472 of 5,590
Those attributes are outstanding with the Elite, and far superior to the Empyrean. I have a Stealth on order, but not yet received. Based on comments I've read, I'm not expecting to like the Stealth as well as the Elite, which is now my favorite HP. However, I need a good closed-back, so hoping to like the Stealth well enough to keep it.
Meze will release a closed back next year, so if the stealth doesn't convince you, there is still hope

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:23 PM Post #473 of 5,590
I just received my Elites today. Initial impressions of the sound signature is good but I hate that my ears touch the inside grill with the hybrid pads.

Yeah, the hybrid pads are not very deep. My guess is this will be a somewhat common problem. My ears don't stick out much but every now and then I think I can feel something resting on my lobes. The velour pads are deeper but also attenuate bass so then there's a decision to make...

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #474 of 5,590
Guys, I'm stuck in a pickle here biting my thumb. So the new update on my Elite which should of passed about 100 hours of continuous burnin in and they are actually starting to sound pretty sweet. Should I sell them and get the Solitaire-P or just invest in a tube amp like the Wells Dragon. Ugh, why couldn't these continue to suck, would of made my decision easier. Lol
the solitaire P is a special HP...I had the empyrean and sold it immediately...unless the elite is an enormous step up it is not in the league of the P

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #476 of 5,590
I understand the price difference but he was comparing the 2 and I gave my opinion irrespective of price and the elite is more expensive as well

Sep 11, 2021 at 5:00 PM Post #477 of 5,590
I understand the price difference but he was comparing the 2 and I gave my opinion irrespective of price and the elite is more expensive as well
I get that, but most people can't ignore a substantial price difference when it comes to comparisons. I just thought it is only fair to mention it.

Sep 11, 2021 at 5:22 PM Post #478 of 5,590
I get that, but most people can't ignore a substantial price difference when it comes to comparisons. I just thought it is only fair to mention it.
In technical aspects the Solitaire improves upon the Empyrean by a margin you can expect from the price increase though.

I highly doubt that the Elite can match it and therefore hope that it comes close but additionally adds some of the Meze Housesound.

Sep 11, 2021 at 5:32 PM Post #479 of 5,590
In technical aspects the Solitaire improves upon the Empyrean by a margin you can expect from the price increase though.

I highly doubt that the Elite can match it and therefore hope that it comes close but additionally adds some of the Meze Housesound.
Only personal audition can tell that, not reading the controversial and confusing first impressions. Some Elite owners have already contradicted themselves.

Sep 11, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #480 of 5,590
Have you considered the Dark Mystery Elite special edition German version? Best looking Empy/Elite design I have seen. And comes pre-loaded with the upgrade cable. But import etc...

Edit: sorry just noticed your issue is with the grille. So that's not for you.

I similarly don't like the Elite colour scheme and the second best design (copper) is already taken by Empy. I'm sure they will come up with an alternate colour.
Tbh I don't like that dark mistery version at all. It may be the photos, but it looks like an old rusted set. Anyway, a black grill is a no-go to me, I already have one which is one more than I would like.
Ironically the version I liked the most was the bronze one that Meze used to promote and showcase the Empy before mass production. Strangely Meze ditched it last hour for the gun metal version, which I ended buying having no other option at the time. I will not make the same mistake this time. Will not buy until a color scheme I like is available.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back