MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 11, 2021 at 1:05 AM Post #451 of 5,614
Mine are continuing to improve at about 65 hours now. Empys changed out to 200, so I suspect these will be similar.

They are quite responsive to cable change. I prefer the fat copper Capistrano Cables monster. They sound much brighter with Forza Noir Hybrid HPC. The change is greater than it is with Empy. I have to dig up my Silver Dragon Premium to see how it likes pure silver.

Also, I tried the Elite with GSX Mini, and it definitely warms up a bit, if you are wanting that. I’m not, so upstairs it will be Forza.
If I keep them I'm gonna get the danacable Lazuli ref+

Do tell about the different cables experiences. I only tried it with the stock and the regular Lazuli Reference. I'm gonna get the one with silver in it too.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 2:55 AM Post #452 of 5,614
Rented from where? The cable company? I should of went this route with how tired I get with certain gear. Would of saved me lots of money.
He put 'rented' in quotes so I'm assuming he's referring to the difference between buying and selling price as 'rent'. That's also how I like to think about headphones to justify the investments. I'm 'renting' a whole bunch of them lol..

Still not sure I'll be renting the Elite... I sold my Empyrean (150 euros rent), but the reviews so far are puzzling, some love them, others find them underwhelming. The jury is still out, it seems.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #453 of 5,614
He put 'rented' in quotes so I'm assuming here's referring to the difference between buying and selling price as 'rent'. That's also how I like to think about headphones to justify the investments. I'm 'renting' a whole bunch of them lol..

Still not sure I'll be renting the Elite... I sold my Empyrean (150 euros rent), but the reviews so far are puzzling, some love them, others find them underwhelming. The jury is still out, it seems.
That part about the jury is true. I was one of the first to dismiss them. Until a ton of burn. We will see by the end of next week if my feelings change for the better or back to the worse.

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:52 AM Post #455 of 5,614
Guys, I'm stuck in a pickle here biting my thumb. So the new update on my Elite which should of passed about 100 hours of continuous burnin in and they are actually starting to sound pretty sweet. Should I sell them and get the Solitaire-P or just invest in a tube amp like the Wells Dragon. Ugh, why couldn't these continue to suck, would of made my decision easier. Lol

Tube Amp lol. Actually no, sell me your Elite and get the SolitaireP 😁.

Sep 11, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #456 of 5,614
I hope Meze will offer an alternate color scheme. I am not a fan of the black grills, it camuflates the beatiful mesh patterns. A copper version would be perfect for me. I got the original Empy and missed the copper version. And as most parts are common on both Empy and Elite, like the grill, Meze could just use the same parts from the copper Empy on the copper Elite.
Bronze, gold, or even silver (on the grill not the frame) would be fine too.

Have you considered the Dark Mystery Elite special edition German version? Best looking Empy/Elite design I have seen. And comes pre-loaded with the upgrade cable. But import etc...

Edit: sorry just noticed your issue is with the grille. So that's not for you.

I similarly don't like the Elite colour scheme and the second best design (copper) is already taken by Empy. I'm sure they will come up with an alternate colour.

Attachments

• Meze-Empyrean-Dark-Mystery-3-.jpg
    Meze-Empyrean-Dark-Mystery-3-.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Meze-Empyrean-Dakr-Mystery-2-1067x800.jpg
    Meze-Empyrean-Dakr-Mystery-2-1067x800.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Meze-Empyrean-Dark-Mystery--1067x800.jpg
    Meze-Empyrean-Dark-Mystery--1067x800.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #457 of 5,614
Have you considered the Dark Mystery Elite special edition German version? Best looking Empy/Elite design I have seen. And comes pre-loaded with the upgrade cable. But import etc...

I similarly don't like the Elite colour scheme and the second best design (copper) is already taken by Empy. I'm sure they will come up with an alternate colour.
Dark Mystery and Copper, Exactly the two versions I will own.

@PeteSTRADAMUS do you have a dealer that can loan you a Solitaire P?
Best way to decide your Dilemma is to compare them side by side on your own chain

Sep 11, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #458 of 5,614
Dark Mystery and Copper, Exactly the two versions I will own.

@PeteSTRADAMUS do you have a dealer that can loan you a Solitaire P?
Best way to decide your Dilemma is to compare them side by side on your own chain

I might be hopping on the dark mystery train after selling my Empys. If I ever get an Empy back it will be copper.

I am also now awaiting another super exciting reference headphone that I can't wait to compare to my VC. So there might be a three-way shootout with VC, Elite and the newcomer. I expect VC to come third but let's see!

My objective is to end up with one, max two really good HPs. One very balanced and one with more warmth and energy.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #459 of 5,614
I might be hopping on the dark mystery train after selling my Empys. If I ever get an Empy back it will be copper.

I am also now awaiting another exciting reference headphone that I can't wait to compare to my VC.

My objective is to end up with one, max two really good HPs.
Yeah I also try to keep the collection at a reasonable size.
For now I plan on selling one of the 3 headphones after comparing them thoroughly.

Switching between two is great and keeps things fresh

Sep 11, 2021 at 7:57 AM Post #460 of 5,614
Yeah I also try to keep the collection at a reasonable size.
For now I plan on selling one of the 3 headphones after comparing them thoroughly.

Switching between two is great and keeps things fresh

Agreed. It killed me to sell my beloved and mint Empys but I have to be disciplined.

I am also not a HP expert and have only listened to 4 (albeit high end) headphones so far. So I place a high value on discovery at this stage.

I totally implement the "renting" principle mentioned higher. I only buy HPs that are 1- easy to drive and don't need a massive chain to perform and 2- hold their secondary market value. This way I can safely explore and discover different signatures and technical capabilities (perhaps more important, for the reason I explain below).

I am also not afraid of using EQ and I think it can save a lot of $$$. Give me a capable hp/device that can EQ well and I'm a happy man.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 8:11 AM Post #461 of 5,614

I like the dark mystery design much better than the current silver color scheme on the Elites. I just hope Meze doesn’t charge another $1k for an upgraded paint job.

Sep 11, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #462 of 5,614
I like the dark mystery design much better than the current silver color scheme on the Elites. I just hope Meze doesn’t charge another $1k for an upgraded paint job.
Na it costs 400€ more thsn the regular Elite and includes the silver upgrade cable (msep 500€)

Sep 11, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #463 of 5,614
Na it costs 400€ more thsn the regular Elite and includes the silver upgrade cable (msep 500€)
That might be worth it, thanks!

Sep 11, 2021 at 8:30 AM Post #464 of 5,614
That might be worth it, thanks!
The downside is the waiting time.
If you order now it will take like 2 months until you receive them

Sep 11, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #465 of 5,614
The downside is the waiting time.
If you order now it will take like 2 months until you receive them
I don't mind the wait. I have a bunch of new toys to tide me over :). I just got a set of D8K Pro's that are proving to be surprisingly great listen. To be honest, I'm more excited about the Elites than any of the other new releases even the reviews are kind of mixed at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back