MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 12, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #512 of 5,614
These are better then Solitaire P.
That's a bold Statement.
Can you give some detail, what do they better than the Solitaire P for you?

Sep 12, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #513 of 5,614
Yeah tubes are ridiculous with them. I'm on WA5 LE with KR300BHP Shugaung cv181 z and KR 274B. Both ear pads do amazing job. The hybrid give best for excitement and alacantra are good for chilling.
Yes, absolutely man! Didn't you own the Wells dragon before? If I'm not mistaken. But with tubes the vocals sounded soooo adicting. I didn't want to take them off my head and drive home.

Sep 12, 2021 at 7:31 PM Post #514 of 5,614
Same feeling. These are better then Solitaire P. The Arya has too much air when I do a side by side comparison.
I own the sol P and consider them to be in the same league as the susvara and the TC...i owned and disliked the empyrean which werent even in the same zip code as the sol p so unless the elite is a completely different animal than the empyrean there is no way

Sep 12, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #515 of 5,614
I own the sol P and consider them to be in the same league as the susvara and the TC...i owned and disliked the empyrean which werent even in the same zip code as the sol p so unless the elite is a completely different animal than the empyrean there is no way
I can't speak for what bonddam said, and I also don't don't own the sol p or susvara. However, there is a reason why the elite keep getting compared to susvara on a lot of the youtube reviews on it. In terms of comparison, the quickest way to compare it would be the empy is casey affleck, and the elite is ben affleck. Same family, and you see the resemblance, but TO ME, one is clearly better than the other. This is also from someone who thoroughly enjoyed the empy.

Sep 12, 2021 at 9:23 PM Post #517 of 5,614
That's just my personal thought. The Solitaire has a strange tone and it has come up in mostly all the reviews I watched. I owned the P and P SE and SE had a normal tunning with air in treble. The Elite doesn't present any strange air. The P is amazing at staging and holographic presentation that still makes it a killer headphone but I feel for less money I'm getting something that tickles my ears right. Last the pad changes on the Elite is good which ever way you roll where the P was dismal on pad rolling. Elite has amazing holographic sound which is important to me for edm bass sounds so good treble sounds spot on with air at the right amount. The Arya that I just got has too much air which seems to bleed high hats together. That's some of my feelings on the Elite.

Sep 12, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #518 of 5,614
I wrote an impression on r/headphone about the elite here. Overall, I am very impressed with the Elite. I have the arya and purchased the empyrean short before the elite was released. After watching some very early review about the elite, I returned my empy and luckily was able to purchase an elite on the first batch. I feel the elite is kinda everything I wanted the arya and empy to be. Amazing soundstage(height, width, and depth), clean and textured bass, full bodied mids, and good treble without it being fatiguing. This is the first time where I bought a headphone that not only did it checked all the boxes, but even surpassed my expectations. It's freaken glorious.
What are you using to drive the Elite?

Sep 13, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #523 of 5,614
It will be so sweet if Meze offers current Empy owners that bought it direct from them a 25% loyalty discount on the Elite. 😂
Man, that is some wishful thinking right there, lol

As far as I know, Topping amps are known to be bright.
Not something I'm aware of, nor have I have I come across people saying that, at least not about the a90.

Sep 13, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #524 of 5,614
The Elite should be great on Topping amp and DAC. I wouldn't say Topping is bright it's more transparent vs warm amps. Warm amp will give thicker bass. My Dragon is less bass and just more transparent vs my WA5 which thickens up the lower region.

Sep 13, 2021 at 11:38 AM Post #525 of 5,614
The Elite should be great on Topping amp and DAC. I wouldn't say Topping is bright it's more transparent vs warm amps. Warm amp will give thicker bass. My Dragon is less bass and just more transparent vs my WA5 which thickens up the lower region.
I saw a video review in youtube and the guy says that RME was warm, which is not true, then he noted that was warmer than the Topping, so to me Topping is in the bright side, I consider RME neutral.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back