MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 7, 2021 at 12:43 AM Post #256 of 5,614
Very accurate review to my ears, up until he talks highs/brightness but my hearing rolls off around 13K-14K khz (older ears than his). Still is different enough from the Diana v2 after 3 days of listening that I either go to the Susvara, TC, or keep both of these

MajorHiFi

Bright, glossy and shiney highs?
Boosted high end?

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:46 AM Post #257 of 5,614
I'm sorry to say this. But i don't know how much my opinion will change by next week. But the Elite is highly underwhelming to me. There is nothing that stands out that makes me love these. Every category is on mediocre. If I could turn the hands back I would of never bought these.
No surprise. Should have bought a TC. Learn this mantra.

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #258 of 5,614
Bright, glossy and shiney highs?
Boosted high end?
The only thing I’m 100% on anymore is that everyone of us has different ears, canals, & heads making these opinions just entertainment with a bit of identifiable truths for each of us. I don’t hear any of that in the highs but I’m nearly 50 and listened to music too loud for years.

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:30 AM Post #260 of 5,614
Meze Audio Elite Review And Measurements

NOTE: If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.

Three years after the launch of the Empyrean, Meze Audio announced a new flagship: The Meze Audio Elite. With key developments in low-mass diaphragm technology and new carefully tuned earpads, the Elite assumes the role at the top of Meze Audio's lineup.

In this video, we take a listen and look at the new Meze Audio Elite, discussing its sound, comparing it to Meze's previous flagship Empyrean (which remains in the line). I also take a look at headphone measurements of the Elite (including headphone measurement comparisons) made in our measurement lab at Head-Fi HQ using the following equipment:

Click on the following link for more information about the Brüel & Kjær 5128 hearing simulator mentioned in the video: Brüel & Kjær 5128

Meze Audio Elite Review And Measurements - produced by Brian Murphy, Jude Mansilla, and Joe Cwik

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 4:44 AM Post #263 of 5,614
Weird tuning. But good luck, though. I am sure It has its audience.
Based on the frequency graph or did you have a chance to audition it?

Sep 7, 2021 at 5:09 AM Post #265 of 5,614
Sep 7, 2021 at 5:19 AM Post #267 of 5,614
Graph looks great to me.
Typical planar with good mids and controlled treble.
The subbass rolloff is not typical planar.
However also not in line with most listening impressions.

Sep 7, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #269 of 5,614
With the hybrid pads I don't see any sub bass roll off.
Unless not boosted means that is rolled off.
Screenshot_2021-09-07-09-20-01-662_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

The dip at 350kHz is subjective and someone cannot really comment by looking at the graph alone.
Frequency response graphs never tell the whole story.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back