MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 7, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #286 of 5,596
I just had them on my head. Better separation between instruments. To the point that I can hear Instruments i couldn't hear before. And a clearer sound. I think they are better then the Empyreans. Witch I have owned for the last 3 years.
If I can figure out a trade in with the dealer I'm buying them.

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #289 of 5,596
I have the Elites. You can see from my signature I own several TOTL headphones. The Solitaire P, Utopia and Susvara are all unique in what they do. The Solitaire, for instance has a signature richness and 3D depth and surround unlike anything else I own. The Elites are, so far, not on the level of the 3 mentioned above; I can’t find (yet) what makes them special by comparison to my top 3. They are extremely comfortable and meticulously crafted and easy to listen to. I have started to EQ them and they take to it well. The issue is that with classical music there is such a wide variance as to the size or type of ensemble and how the recordings were made. Without some EQ some recordings sound lovely and others sound like the orchestra or choir was in a cave. I am using a Lokius hardware EQ and I will continue to try out different types of classical music with the Elites. Also, the built in tone controls on the RME Dac fs really make a difference with the Elites on some recordings. Hopefully, I just need more time with them.

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #290 of 5,596
I have the Elites. You can see from my signature I own several TOTL headphones. The Solitaire P, Utopia and Susvara are all unique in what they do. The Solitaire, for instance has a signature richness and 3D depth and surround unlike anything else I own. The Elites are, so far, not on the level of the 3 mentioned above; I can’t find (yet) what makes them special by comparison to my top 3. They are extremely comfortable and meticulously crafted and easy to listen to. I have started to EQ them and they take to it well. The issue is that with classical music there is such a wide variance as to the size or type of ensemble and how the recordings were made. Without some EQ some recordings sound lovely and others sound like the orchestra or choir was in a cave. I am using a Lokius hardware EQ and I will continue to try out different types of classical music with the Elites. Also, the built in tone controls on the RME Dac fs really make a difference with the Elites on some recordings. Hopefully, I just need more time with them.
Since you also have the Solitaire.
Does the Elite have more Bass quantity than the Solitaire?

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #291 of 5,596
Since you also have the Solitaire.
Does the Elite have more Bass quantity than the Solitaire?
I would say that the bass on the Solitaire-P sounds deeper, and clearer with no "smearing." The Elites have plenty of bass, but it isn't the same quality that the Solitaire's have. For instance, in a chamber music octet that has string quartet instruments plus a double bass, the low notes of the double bass are crystal clear. You don't get this detail and clarity with the Elite's bass. Again, I'm speaking to classical music.

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #292 of 5,596
I would say that the bass on the Solitaire-P sounds deeper, and clearer with no "smearing." The Elites have plenty of bass, but it isn't the same quality that the Solitaire's have. For instance, in a chamber music octet that has string quartet instruments plus a double bass, the low notes of the double bass are crystal clear. You don't get this detail and clarity with the Elite's bass. Again, I'm speaking to classical music.
Thank you, so more quantity but less quality.
Pretty much in line with my expectations. Nothing matched the P in Bass quality so far (never heard Abyss and LCD-4 tho)

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #294 of 5,596
I find the Elite classical music masters.
Haven't heard the solitaire though.
You should fix that.
The Solitaire P is amazing.
Certainly up on Abyss and Susvara level!

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:55 PM Post #295 of 5,596
How do the Elite stack up to the D8000 Pro? I feel like the OG Empyrean got compared to the FAD TOTLs often so would be curious to hear thoughts there given the D8000 often get compared to the other TOTLs like Susvara, Abyss and Utopia themselves.

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #296 of 5,596
You should fix that.
I have just inquired for an hxosplus review.
Let's see how it goes.

BTW , in my opinion the Elite represents the recording venue exactly as it was captured with all the reverb and the surrounding space.
So it easily adapts from solo violin into a church to a large hall or a studio recording.
If the mastering engineer was good then you get rewarded otherwise skip for another song.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2021 at 1:10 PM Post #297 of 5,596
How do the Elite stack up to the D8000 Pro? I feel like the OG Empyrean got compared to the FAD TOTLs often so would be curious to hear thoughts there given the D8000 often get compared to the other TOTLs like Susvara, Abyss and Utopia themselves.
I'm curious about the comparison with the D8000 Pro too.

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #298 of 5,596
You should fix that.
Indeed. Like a warmer Susvara.

You still need a TC in your life.

Sep 7, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #299 of 5,596

Users who are viewing this thread

Back