MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 6, 2021 at 8:26 PM Post #241 of 5,614
I've been listening in spots here and there due to lack of time. I do think they're still burning in. Only have 2-3 hours on 'em. They do sound different than the Empyreans for sure. Jury still out on whether the extra dollars are worth it.

Kind of gotten used to the shallower pads (ears barely touching inner screen).

Need more hours on them. Need to dig into deeper material. Still considering keeping both the Empyreans and Elites as they differ quite a bit. Depends on how the rest of the listening sessions go.

Sep 6, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #242 of 5,614
from whathifi. the part i found interesting was about the earpads. the rest sounds like tech + marketing.

https://www.whathifi.com/us/news/me...s-most-advanced-planar-magnetic-headphone-yet

++

Elite is reportedly the result of three years of research and development. Powering the headphones is a custom-developed MZ3SE Isodynamic Hybrid Array driver created by Rinaro, which utilises a combination of individual switchback and spiral shaped voice coils in its one driver, thus promising to target soundwaves with more accuracy around the natural form of the ear.

Said driver features Rinaro Parus, a new diaphragm material that has been developed specifically for the Elite. This low mass acoustic diaphragm is produced with "bespoke sequential biaxial lengthening technology", a process that involves stretching the material in transverse directions at elevated temperatures to improve structural performance.

On the outside, the striking, otherworldly chassis combines aluminium, carbon fibre and leather to boast maximum comfort and durability. Another new addition developed especially for the Elite is the 25mm-deep hybrid ear cushions, a solution which aims to marry the qualities of Alcantara (a premium synthetic, suede-like microfibre noted for its durability) and leather into a single design. Besides comfort, the combination promises to lower the bass pressure and deliver an airy sound signature "in which sound waves appear to transcend the space around to create an immersive experience".

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #243 of 5,614
I had them in for a review a long time ago. From a tour. They were pretty good, I just can't remember the sound at this point. It was a long time ago. I just happen to go through headphones like undies lol

One day your soul headphone will show up and make you happy forever after.

I get it though, it's really fun to try new high end stuff, it opens the eyes (ears) to what's possible. I am dangerously starting to enjoy exploring headphones. Costly game indeed.

Sep 6, 2021 at 8:38 PM Post #244 of 5,614
One day your soul headphone will show up and make you happy forever after.

I get it though, it's really fun to try new high end stuff, it opens the eyes (ears) to what's possible. I am dangerously starting to enjoy exploring headphones. Costly game indeed.
It is. I lost a lot of money on this journey.

Sep 6, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #246 of 5,614
I did lose money. Some things I sold for a pretty steal deal at times. Times when the Financials were down. Sometimes they're up. So I can splurge a little. Lol. Let's get back on topic before the mods start deleting stuff. Smh.

Sep 6, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #247 of 5,614
I'm sorry to say this. But i don't know how much my opinion will change by next week. But the Elite is highly underwhelming to me. There is nothing that stands out that makes me love these. Every category is on mediocre. If I could turn the hands back I would of never bought these.
I can agree with this. I couldn't really find anything that made the Elites stand out for me as well. At least the OG Empyrean was engaging even if the tonality was lacking. I know a lot of fans liked it with EDM.

Sep 6, 2021 at 9:52 PM Post #248 of 5,614
I did lose money. Some things I sold for a pretty steal deal at times. Times when the Financials were down. Sometimes they're up. So I can splurge a little. Lol. Let's get back on topic before the mods start deleting stuff. Smh.
It’s very good to get both ‘satisfied’ and ‘dissatisfied’ viewpoints of a headphone, so I really appreciate your insight!

If I may ask, what is your preferred sound signature in a headphone? That’ll give some perspective into how the Elite was unsatisfactory.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2021 at 10:02 PM Post #249 of 5,614
It’s very good to get both ‘satisfied’ and ‘dissatisfied’ viewpoints of a headphone, so I really appreciate your insight!

If I may ask, what is your preferred sound signature in a headphone? That’ll give some perspective into how the Elite was unsatisfactory.
A good mid range. Good vocals. And more of a euphoric signature with a lot of details. Brightness doesn't bother me at all.

Sep 6, 2021 at 10:21 PM Post #252 of 5,614
I can agree with this. I couldn't really find anything that made the Elites stand out for me as well. At least the OG Empyrean was engaging even if the tonality was lacking. I know a lot of fans liked it with EDM.
De gustibus.

Everyone’s taste is different, for sure. These are the most compelling headphones I’ve ever heard, out of the box. Yes, they arrived earlier than I expected. Speed and detail are notably improved compared to Empyrean. Sub bass extension is also improved, mid bass bloat is gone, and control is better across the board. The mids are as I want them. The highs are better a bit too, but I had no problems with those of the Empyrean.

I listened for a couple hours this morning, with 2 cables and 2 amps (Phonitor X and HA-2SF), with lots of familiar music of various genres. I am very satisfied by my first impressions.

Now I’m torturing them with the break-in playlists.

Sep 6, 2021 at 10:27 PM Post #253 of 5,614
Very accurate review to my ears, up until he talks highs/brightness but my hearing rolls off around 13K-14K khz (older ears than his). Still is different enough from the Diana v2 after 3 days of listening that I either go to the Susvara, TC, or keep both of these

MajorHiFi

If your in a position to get a TC just get that :L3000:

Sep 7, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #255 of 5,614
Did you happen own the Empys? What did you think of them?

I tested a OG Focal Clear yesterday and everything up to mids was super nice and detailed. Treble was....weird. Curious about the MG now.

Also, your friends seem to know you well around here 😊.
I really like the Clear Mg, though I hated it out of the box. It’s wonderful after 50 hours, and very tolerable at 15. Burn in, not listening time.

I have no experience with the OG Clear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back