MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 1, 2021 at 5:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5,566

MezeTeam

Sponsor: Meze Audio
Dear audiophile friends,

It is with great happiness and pride that we present you
ELITE - a new Meze flavor that is here to enchant your senses!
Developed with experienced audiophiles and exigent music lovers in mind, ELITE opens the path for
creating a powerful, lifelike sound experience.

01-HERO BANNER (1).jpg

The "Beast" inside:
Powering ELITE is the custom-developed MZ3SE Isodynamic Hybrid Array driver created by Rinaro,
which sees a combination of individual switchback and spiral-shaped voice coils in one driver, to
target soundwaves with more accuracy around the natural form of the ear.

The driver features Rinaro Parus®, a new, high-performing diaphragm material that has been developed
specifically for ELITE. The innovative low mass acoustic diaphragm is produced with bespoke
sequential biaxial lengthening technology, a process that involves stretching the material in transverse
directions at elevated temperatures to improve structural performance.
The semi-crystalline microstructure exhibits remarkable strength, stiffness, and stability, combined with an
extremely low acoustic mass.

Meze Audio Elite_Diaphragm.jpg

The "Beauty" outside:
On the outside, the alien-like chassis combines aluminum, carbon fiber and leather to ensure maximum
comfort and long-term durability. Another new addition developed especially for ELITE is the 25mm deep
HYBRID ear cushions, which perfectly balance the qualities of Alcantara and leather into a single design.
Besides the high wearing comfort, this unique combo lowers the bass pressure and delivers an airy
sound signature, in which sound waves appear to transcend the space around to create an immersive
experience.

Taking long-term sustainability to a new level, Elite is also fully serviceable: from the replaceable
earpads to the high-performance materials used, every part on the headphone chassis is available to be
easily disassembled and serviced.

Meze Elite - hero.jpg

We want you to get lost in music, not in tech specs, so we'll keep things short:

OVERVIEW

Operating Principle - Open
Frequency Response - 3-112,000 Hz
Impedance - 32 Ω
Nominal SPL - 101 dB (1 mW / 1 kHz)
Maximum SPL - >130 dB
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) - <0.05%
Weight - ~ 430 g

MZ3 DRIVER SPECIFICATIONS
Driver size - 102 mm x 73 mm
Weight - 75 g
Driver Casing - Fibreglass reinforced polymer
Diaphragm Type - Rinaro Parus® [MZ3SE]
Active Area - 4650 mm2
Diaphragm Weight - 0.11 g
Acoustic Mass - 7.5 kg/m4
Lower Frequency Limit - 3 Hz
Upper-Frequency Limit - 112,000 Hz

Last edited:
Meze Audio Design. Comfort. Sound. True audio. Stay updated on Meze Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/mezeaudio https://twitter.com/mezeaudio https://www.instagram.com/mezeaudio/ https://www.mezeaudio.com/ marketing@mezeaudio.com
Sep 1, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #2 of 5,566
Meze Audio Elite Review And Measurements

NOTE: If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.

Three years after the launch of the Empyrean, Meze Audio announced a new flagship: The Meze Audio Elite. With key developments in low-mass diaphragm technology and new carefully tuned earpads, the Elite assumes the role at the top of Meze Audio's lineup.

In this video, we take a listen and look at the new Meze Audio Elite, discussing its sound, comparing it to Meze's previous flagship Empyrean (which remains in the line). I also take a look at headphone measurements of the Elite (including headphone measurement comparisons) made in our measurement lab at Head-Fi HQ using the following equipment:

Click on the following link for more information about the Brüel & Kjær 5128 hearing simulator mentioned in the video: Brüel & Kjær 5128

Meze Audio Elite Review And Measurements - produced by Brian Murphy, Jude Mansilla, and Joe Cwik

Sep 1, 2021 at 10:23 AM Post #3 of 5,566
Can't wait to see how it stacks up with other TOTL headphones!

Sep 1, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #6 of 5,566
Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #8 of 5,566
I remember putting on my Empyreans for the first time, they felt like 2 of the softest pillows between my head.

Sep 1, 2021 at 10:58 AM Post #10 of 5,566
Since nobody asked yet.
- €4000
Why ask ? If it sounds good, it can’t be cheap, period. At the moment where the market and demands are, I would say that headphones that sounds good and sitting at TOTL should be priced $8,999 or about that

Before anyone criticize my view, let me remind you that even a cable can cost $3-4k. Now if the phones manufacturers don’t cheap out and include TOTL cables that synergies the best with their TOTL phones, the price range $8,999-10,999 still is cheap

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #12 of 5,566
Why ask ? If it sounds good, it can’t be cheap, period. At the moment where the market and demands are, I would say that headphones that sounds good and sitting at TOTL should be priced $8,999 or about that

Before anyone criticize my view, let me remind you that even a cable can cost $3-4k. Now if the phones manufacturers don’t cheap out and include TOTL cables that synergies the best with their TOTL phones, the price range $8,999-10,999 still is cheap
He is allowed to ask.

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #13 of 5,566
...and just how many db down is the response @ 3hz. lol

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #14 of 5,566
I dunno, MSRP should be a reflection of the actual cost to make any given product. So old-fashioned, I know, but a headphone that costs 1-2k to make should not cost 6k to buy. That's ridiculous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back