MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 1, 2021 at 1:23 PM Post #31 of 5,621
Why ask ? If it sounds good, it can’t be cheap, period. At the moment where the market and demands are, I would say that headphones that sounds good and sitting at TOTL should be priced $8,999 or about that

Before anyone criticize my view, let me remind you that even a cable can cost $3-4k. Now if the phones manufacturers don’t cheap out and include TOTL cables that synergies the best with their TOTL phones, the price range $8,999-10,999 still is cheap.
Cheap means what you can afford.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #33 of 5,621
The Elite is priced in-line with all the new upcoming TOTL headphones (CRBN, Stealth). I don't like it, but it matches the others.
Makes you wonder what the Susvara successor will be priced at. My guess is $8,000.
Shhhhh...

Sep 1, 2021 at 2:05 PM Post #34 of 5,621
Why ask ? If it sounds good, it can’t be cheap, period. At the moment where the market and demands are, I would say that headphones that sounds good and sitting at TOTL should be priced $8,999 or about that

Before anyone criticize my view, let me remind you that even a cable can cost $3-4k. Now if the phones manufacturers don’t cheap out and include TOTL cables that synergies the best with their TOTL phones, the price range $8,999-10,999 still is cheap
Although it mortals us from our dreams, the calculation is very realistic
how much money so much music, to the divine experience for many of us the heights are unattainable and it seems to me that there is no shortcut
it's so cruel

Sep 1, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #35 of 5,621

Before anyone criticize my view, let me remind you that even a cable can cost $3-4k. Now if the phones manufacturers don’t cheap out and include TOTL cables that synergies the best with their TOTL phones, the price range $8,999-10,999 still is cheap
This makes no sense at all. Theres loads of under 500 hps that sound amazing.
Not surprised of your point of view since you think that a 3k cable would improve a headphone performance...

To me It's crazy and inmoral to pay 9k for a pair of headphones considering the world situation atm.

Sep 1, 2021 at 2:17 PM Post #36 of 5,621
Calm down guys! I agreed with all of you, and I am actually with you that the price trend for these stuff are over blown. You will not see any TOTL headphones being released for cheaper than 4K anymore, unless it is from Chinese brands or ChiFi whatever you want to call it

While you have the Elite at 4K, which honestly I am not happy to hear, you may as well want to ask Effect Audio to make you a $4K cables Centurion to go with it. Now that will make it and end game $8k.

Better yet, send it to Effect Audio and ask to get internal wires to be upgraded to Centurion , possibly another $2k with all the shipping fees. Now you will ball park within the 10K range

While you are at it, may as well asking a collaboration between EA and MeZe for limited release :wink:
*Nope* no cables should be that much btw

See ? I am not happy with the latest crazy price trends. I am more than happy with my HD800S, and If I am interested enough, I will check these new phones out from CanJam or whenever it is available. For now, I will save my wallet. Thanks to @Sennheiser that the 800S is my end game! It literally replaces my Stax systems with acceptable compromises but I can wear the 800s anywhere I wanted. I hope @Sennheiser will be the one to yet again with ground breaking successor that will bring back the pricing to the normal and acceptable level with the next 800s successor

Cheap means what you can afford.
But then again, here in the States, the common folks would accept the depreciation of their BMW or Mercedes over 2 years period of an average of $30K. So that means there is a market for $10-15K headphones per year LOL!!!

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #38 of 5,621
Wow the stealth thread was hard to bear, but this is ridiculous.
Can we go back to discussing the actual headphones?

It's priced at 4k like most other flagships. No need to spend 3 pages talking about which price you feel a headphone you never listened to should cost.

Sep 1, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #39 of 5,621
Wow the stealth thread was hard to bear, but this is ridiculous.

It's priced at 4k like most other flagships. No need to spend 3 pages talking about which price you feel a headphone you never listened to should cost.
I’m with this guy. Who’s got them frequency measurements?! Can’t wait to see!

Sep 1, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #40 of 5,621
i don’t know what to say….

1630510181348.gif

Do you have a few totl headphones in the classifieds (or are about to) and you are setting up the premise of how cheap you are selling them for because they are less than say $6 or $7000?
Just food for thought would you say this to this member in person. Do you feel like you have enough data points to make a negative statement like this about another member

Sep 1, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #41 of 5,621

What is there to discuss if nobody have heard Elite yet? :smile:

Who’s got them frequency measurements?! Can’t wait to see!
CSD graph is more informative.

Sep 1, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #42 of 5,621
Did someone say "TOUR"?

@MezeTeam please sign me up. Please, please, please.

Sep 1, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #43 of 5,621
What is there to discuss if nobody have heard Elite yet? :smile:

CSD graph is more informative.
The Design, the driver tech, the new earpads and possibility to use them on the original Empyrean. Possible Tours in the US and europe. If it will be available at canjam.
Which amplifiers got used during tuning and defelopment.
If there are special editions planned like the phoenix.
The pads alone are worth an announcement though.

Sure the price is worth mentioning, but since it's completely average for flagships released in the past 5 years it's not a special point.

He General price development of hifi electronics certainly is an interesting topic, but doesn't belong in a product announcement thread.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #44 of 5,621
Reminds me of that LUDICROUS Rolex/Cameron circus where a $100,000.00 Rolex goes to the bottom of some deep trench..ANY MONKEY can keep throwing $ to make TOTL,you want to impress me make a giant killer for $1000.00 or less,LIKE iBasso did with the $500.00 SR-1!!!

Sep 1, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #45 of 5,621
Dear audiophile friends,

It is with great happiness and pride that we present you
ELITE - a new Meze flavor that is here to enchant your senses!
Developed with experienced audiophiles and exigent music lovers in mind, ELITE opens the path for
creating a powerful, lifelike sound experience.

01-HERO BANNER (1).jpg

The "Beast" inside:
Powering ELITE is the custom-developed MZ3SE Isodynamic Hybrid Array driver created by Rinaro,
which sees a combination of individual switchback and spiral-shaped voice coils in one driver, to
target soundwaves with more accuracy around the natural form of the ear.

The driver features Rinaro Parus®, a new, high-performing diaphragm material that has been developed
specifically for ELITE. The innovative low mass acoustic diaphragm is produced with bespoke
sequential biaxial lengthening technology, a process that involves stretching the material in transverse
directions at elevated temperatures to improve structural performance.
The semi-crystalline microstructure exhibits remarkable strength, stiffness, and stability, combined with an
extremely low acoustic mass.

Meze Audio Elite_Diaphragm.jpg

The "Beauty" outside:
On the outside, the alien-like chassis combines aluminum, carbon fiber and leather to ensure maximum
comfort and long-term durability. Another new addition developed especially for ELITE is the 25mm deep
HYBRID ear cushions, which perfectly balance the qualities of Alcantara and leather into a single design.
Besides the high wearing comfort, this unique combo lowers the bass pressure and delivers an airy
sound signature, in which sound waves appear to transcend the space around to create an immersive
experience.

Taking long-term sustainability to a new level, Elite is also fully serviceable: from the replaceable
earpads to the high-performance materials used, every part on the headphone chassis is available to be
easily disassembled and serviced.

Meze Elite - hero.jpg

We want you to get lost in music, not in tech specs, so we'll keep things short:

OVERVIEW

Operating Principle - Open
Frequency Response - 3-112,000 Hz
Impedance - 32 Ω
Nominal SPL - 101 dB (1 mW / 1 kHz)
Maximum SPL - >130 dB
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) - <0.05%
Weight - ~ 420 g

MZ3 DRIVER SPECIFICATIONS
Driver size - 102 mm x 73 mm
Weight - 75 g
Driver Casing - Fibreglass reinforced polymer
Diaphragm Type - Rinaro Parus® [MZ3SE]
Active Area - 4650 mm2
Diaphragm Weight - 0.011 g
Acoustic Mass - 7.5 kg/m4
Lower Frequency Limit - 3 Hz
Upper-Frequency Limit - 112,000 Hz
Does the case say Empyrean still or was that just a prototype case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back