MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 1, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #16 of 5,614
I feel like it's costing me a fortune just to be aware that this exists

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #17 of 5,614
Here is a question, when is Meze going to do a $1000-ish headphone? Maybe a plastic version or dynamic in this chassis?

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:19 AM Post #19 of 5,614
...and just how many db down is the response @ 3hz. lol
I dunno, MSRP should be a reflection of the actual cost to make any given product. So old-fashioned, I know, but a headphone that costs 1-2k to make should not cost 6k to buy. That's ridiculous.
1-2K for labor and materials

Does not count in research and development

Does not count the warranty and after sale customer services

let’s think about it for a little bit

If anyone think a headphones is easy to make, AliExpress sell a whole lot of different drivers, they even taking customized order with engineered specs. You can totally make it that way….wait… I think I know someone who did that … and it ain’t cheap either

oh, give that some sauce if inflation rate soon as well

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #20 of 5,614

If anyone think a headphones is easy to make, AliExpress sell a whole lot of different drivers, they even taking customized order with engineered specs. You can totally make it that way….wait… I think I know someone who did that … and it ain’t cheap either

You can add dealer markup to that list.

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:24 AM Post #21 of 5,614

Not sure anybody is arguing why these Meze's are expensive, I think he just asked about the price.

They more than likely will be $3,000-4,000. They are well engineered, hell I know a guy who almost stopped his audiophile journey as the Meze was his dream sound.

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #22 of 5,614
Why ask ? If it sounds good, it can’t be cheap, period. At the moment where the market and demands are, I would say that headphones that sounds good and sitting at TOTL should be priced $8,999 or about that

Before anyone criticize my view, let me remind you that even a cable can cost $3-4k. Now if the phones manufacturers don’t cheap out and include TOTL cables that synergies the best with their TOTL phones, the price range $8,999-10,999 still is cheap
i don’t know what to say….

1630510181348.gif

Do you have a few totl headphones in the classifieds (or are about to) and you are setting up the premise of how cheap you are selling them for because they are less than say $6 or $7000?

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #23 of 5,614
I won't cry bc they're not in my headphone spending budget but I'm excited when manufacturers keep raising the bar in quality, comfort and sound reproduction.

Congrats.

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:41 AM Post #24 of 5,614
Why ask ? If it sounds good, it can’t be cheap, period. At the moment where the market and demands are, I would say that headphones that sounds good and sitting at TOTL should be priced $8,999 or about that

Before anyone criticize my view, let me remind you that even a cable can cost $3-4k. Now if the phones manufacturers don’t cheap out and include TOTL cables that synergies the best with their TOTL phones, the price range $8,999-10,999 still is cheap
o_0 ... because maybe some people actually want to know the price?

I won't criticize your view, but I'm a litte confused by just how much you read between my two lines.

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:42 AM Post #25 of 5,614

I didn't say 1-2k for labor and materials. I said to make, which includes R&D, design, etc. I've made enough things to know that labor and materials are only a part of the total cost to produce.

But to be clear, I was responding to the notion that 9k is cheap. A headphone that is almost identical to a previous design, minus a new driver and optimization should not cost 3x the previous model. AS far as i'm concerned, 4k for the Elite is fair given that we don't actually know how much it cost to redesign the driver. It might be a mix of recouping cost but also aspirational pricing, which can be a factor when trying to appeal in a competitive market.

Sep 1, 2021 at 12:49 PM Post #29 of 5,614
Sep 1, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #30 of 5,614
$8,999 - $10,999 cheap? Man, Ive heard it all now :laughing:
I accidentally fell into higher-end audio crap while window-wishing, and for folks who earn/spend more or think with that mindset, it certainly is cheap. But highly (HIGHLY) perspective-dependent. Too bloody pricey for me, but the possible rich bloke living next to me, probably wouldn't give it a moment's thought. Electrostatic headfi schiit is even more pricey. Taking this same price range to vehicles, massively cheap in comparison to "better" cars. But I'll be killed by a car before I ever spend money in that area, not a fan of cars, but will (and have) spent that amount on motorcycles, for me they are worth it every which way. Humans = Subjective. Some folks sincerely believe one should spend more on cables than the equipment itself, higher priced means better quality (irregardless of whether it's true or not). I think those people should sod off, but as mentioned above, that's my opinion/perspective/etc. and no matter what I think or choose to invest in, those people will proceed Business As Usual. Fun fact: I thought the DCS Bartok was pricey, until I discovered that is actually one of their lowest priced stuff, the "better" DAC's are nearly 25k (or more). Imagine the fella spending whatever more on the cables for that, deep deep pockets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back