MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Jun 7, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #4,801 of 5,614
I am curious how you compare them to mm-500? Is it big jump and do you feel the Elites noticeable upgrade and in what areas :D For example I really love the sub-bass of the mm's also I boost it for 3-4db so I am not sure will I loose something with Elites if I get them.
Still getting to know Elite (brain / driver burn - in) but generally agree with @TheMiddleSky's comments thus far.

Jun 8, 2023 at 1:31 PM Post #4,803 of 5,614
I am a big fan of Meze Audio and I have had the Elite, Empyrean, LIRIC, and even the IEMs. There is definitely a house sound, though the Elite extends the house sound via a heightened treble response, that is clean, articulate, and very fast. :)

Weird thing is actually I have hard time to like Meze's offerings except Elite.

The old Rai Penta actually is fine, but weak in technicalities compared to today's competitors.

Jun 8, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #4,805 of 5,614
After a year of being out of the hobby, I’m coming back in with a bang. Elite and Atrium Closed.
Solid setup, both amazing cans

Jun 8, 2023 at 2:07 PM Post #4,806 of 5,614
Weird thing is actually I have hard time to like Meze's offerings except Elite.

The old Rai Penta actually is fine, but weak in technicalities compared to today's competitors.
I feel the same way. It is very mixed and random what I like from Meze and what not. I absolutely love the Elite, my choice versus quite a few other TOTL headphones. I used to love the Empyrean but since the Elite appeared to me it is just a clear evolution and couldn't really go back to the Empy's presentation which after the Elite sounds too thick, too boomy with a small stage. I liked a lot of things in the Liric although it is a very different tuning compared to Empy/Elite. The treble eventually was too much for me. I quite like the Advar, I think those are great fun little IEMs. The Rai Penta did not blow me away back then neither the original Meze 99. The 99 Neo also wasn't particularly great. The 109pro again is quite remarkable, but the treble to me similarly to the Liric is just a bit bright. So pretty mixed feelings with everything else except the Elite.

Jun 8, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #4,807 of 5,614
After a year of being out of the hobby, I’m coming back in with a bang. Elite and Atrium Closed.
Just come back home. You'd be set with the WE300B.

Jun 8, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #4,809 of 5,614
I can’t do tubes. The heart says yes, but the brain always wins and says no. Every time I’ve had a tube amp, and then reconnect a solid-state amp, the tube amp goes up for sale….. every time.
That just means use a tube pre, get even crazier with a DHT DAC if you really want to dial things in.

Jun 8, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #4,811 of 5,614
I would definitely entertain a tube pre, but I am set with my Bricasti M3 as a DAC. Detailed and still musical.
Now you're back, stuck in.

Jun 8, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #4,814 of 5,614
I can’t do tubes. The heart says yes, but the brain always wins and says no. Every time I’ve had a tube amp, and then reconnect a solid-state amp, the tube amp goes up for sale….. every time.
What solid-state amp are you using with the Elite? I'm tentatively considering upgrading my Quicksilver to another tube amp or maybe a high-end solid-state amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back