MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
May 11, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #2,146 of 5,620
i like the Empyrean as well, but the Elite offers a bit more treble sparkle to create nice tonal separation and image dimensionality.

May 11, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #2,147 of 5,620
I've found that the Elite makes everything just sound good. Vibrant and colorful. Not bland. Good. And this approachability extends to the source. Even my phone sounds magical.
My thoughts exactly.
Yep, this is why we're here. I get the same story out of my Auteur. They're not the best cans I own, but they bring me the most joy musically.

Same story with electronics. mScaler/TT2 is the best chain I own ...

but my Audio-gd Master 11 Bellisima! (making that Italian 'kiss my fingers' gesture)

May 12, 2022 at 4:27 AM Post #2,148 of 5,620
I am very curious about the Elite Dark Mystery (the OG is a little too flashy for my taste);

Is anyone driving these with a Chord DAVE without an external amp? Thanks in advance

May 12, 2022 at 4:40 AM Post #2,149 of 5,620
I am very curious about the Elite Dark Mystery (the OG is a little too flashy for my taste);

Is anyone driving these with a Chord DAVE without an external amp? Thanks in advance
The Dark Mystery looks amazing. Got mine from the first batch. They are strongly limited so if you can still get one, it's probably one of the last.

Although I don't have it, the Chord DAVE can drive the Elite fine. The Elite is very efficient.
So if the Dave can drive anything to its fullest, it's the Elite

May 12, 2022 at 5:03 AM Post #2,150 of 5,620
The Dark Mystery looks amazing. Got mine from the first batch. They are strongly limited so if you can still get one, it's probably one of the last.

Although I don't have it, the Chord DAVE can drive the Elite fine. The Elite is very efficient.
So if the Dave can drive anything to its fullest, it's the Elite
Great to know, thank you.
I was quite surprised that DAVE did a fantastic job driving the Diana Phi too. Not to mention my trusty Focal Utopias.

I have a Dark Mystery put aside for me so I think I will go ahead with the order. The only area where the Utopias come a little short is in the soundstage department.

Last edited:
May 12, 2022 at 5:57 AM Post #2,151 of 5,620
Still, would appreciate any feedback from fellow DAVE/Cayin N8ii owners :p

May 12, 2022 at 6:28 AM Post #2,152 of 5,620
May 12, 2022 at 6:50 AM Post #2,153 of 5,620
How is the Cayin N8ii?
Quite brilliant with my Obravo Ra 21 C-Cu. Heaps of power, sounds fantastic especially in class A mode+tube output.

May 13, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #2,154 of 5,620
Wanted a hard case to take the Elite's to a friends which avoids taking a briefcase around with you (which you are trying not to scratch)...

I couldn't find the options previously recommended on this thread so went on a quest and found this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084CRHYC3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.geekriashop.com/collect...nt-extra-large-hard-shell-travel-carrying-bag

It comes with a little bag for the cables so you can put that bulky XLR connector in there to stop it moving around.

I removed the foam provided (assume for the Z1R) and used the silky insert at the bottom and cut an acoustic wall tile to size for the top. Easy!

Works pretty well - nice and snug.

Attachments

• 20220512_184130.jpg
    20220512_184130.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220512_184152.jpg
    20220512_184152.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220512_184252.jpg
    20220512_184252.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
May 13, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #2,155 of 5,620
Yep, this is why we're here. I get the same story out of my Auteur. They're not the best cans I own, but they bring me the most joy musically.

Same story with electronics. mScaler/TT2 is the best chain I own ...
Well in my case, after got loaned Dave for almost two weeks (second hand with interesting price), i started to miss the TT2's sound. Yes Dave is airier, deliver more detail and overall has "cleaner cut", but the sweetness and alluring tone from TT2 wins my heart.

My logic told me to just grab the Dave, but my heart told me the other way around.

Next week I'll get loan Audiobyte (from Rockna), this could be interesting against TT2. Both FPGA DAC, and use 6 super capacitor in power management. Chord is pure DAC with headphone out, while Audiobyte has separate amplifier module inside, with 3W of power.

Still, would appreciate any feedback from fellow DAVE/Cayin N8ii owners :p

I can't imagine better DAP for Elite for now. N8ii in tube is really excellent for vocal, jazz and pop. Spacious soundstage, sweet and organic vocal, no harshness/thin/sibilance from this device. It can drive Elite with ease as well.

Note: DX320 with AMP13 nutube will be highly interesting too I think.

May 13, 2022 at 2:52 PM Post #2,156 of 5,620
Well in my case, after got loaned Dave for almost two weeks (second hand with interesting price), i started to miss the TT2's sound. Yes Dave is airier, deliver more detail and overall has "cleaner cut", but the sweetness and alluring tone from TT2 wins my heart.

My logic told me to just grab the Dave, but my heart told me the other way around.

Next week I'll get loan Audiobyte (from Rockna), this could be interesting against TT2. Both FPGA DAC, and use 6 super capacitor in power management. Chord is pure DAC with headphone out, while Audiobyte has separate amplifier module inside, with 3W of power.

I can't imagine better DAP for Elite for now. N8ii in tube is really excellent for vocal, jazz and pop. Spacious soundstage, sweet and organic vocal, no harshness/thin/sibilance from this device. It can drive Elite with ease as well.

Note: DX320 with AMP13 nutube will be highly interesting too I think.
Thank you for responding.
I got the Diana TC today and was quite impressed by the build quality.

Unfortunately, both the n8ii and DAVE couldn't even drive it to 70%. The N8ii sounded especially anaemic even on P+;

This was pretty surprising as DAVE drove the Diana Phi with aplomb. Kinda got me think twice before trying the Elite.

May 14, 2022 at 8:47 AM Post #2,157 of 5,620
New to the party here.

Well, I had to choose between Meze Elite and Solitaire P.
Sonically, I‘d slightly prefer the Soli P. But comfort I preferred quite a bit with Elite.
Balanced Forza Noir cables in the mail, I remain excited about further improvements.

Perfect DAP for running Elites?
I lack comparisons, but am pretty satisfied with this streamer/dac/headphone amp in a single box:
T+A SD 3100 hv
Pricey, yes. But I don’t regret that.
First time ever I don’t miss my turntable.
Furutech dps 4.1 mains cables still running in, audiophile switch hopefully coming next week.
So I am still hoping for a few sonic improvements.

May 14, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #2,159 of 5,620

Users who are viewing this thread

Back