MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
May 15, 2022 at 3:48 AM Post #2,161 of 5,620
Thank you for responding.
I got the Diana TC today and was quite impressed by the build quality.

Unfortunately, both the n8ii and DAVE couldn't even drive it to 70%. The N8ii sounded especially anaemic even on P+;

This was pretty surprising as DAVE drove the Diana Phi with aplomb. Kinda got me think twice before trying the Elite.
Well, Elite should be much easier to drive than Diana.

Based on impedance and sensitivity, to drive Diana Phi is require 10x times more power than Elite. Diana TC is noticeably harder to drive than Diana Phi.

Diana TC leave me impressive feeling as well. Could be slight too bright, but she does perform technicalities in excellency, especially in term of speed, impact, and transparency.

May 15, 2022 at 4:09 AM Post #2,162 of 5,620
I am very curious about the Elite Dark Mystery (the OG is a little too flashy for my taste);

Is anyone driving these with a Chord DAVE without an external amp? Thanks in advance
Yes, i'm actually driving the Dark Mysteries out of a "Dark" Dave, so the synergy is off the charts :p . I've had a couple of home auditions with the HPA4 in the chain to see if it can improve the Elite. Initially i thought the HPA4 was an improvement, but it turned out to be due to difference in power cables used with them. I got the same cable for both the HPA4 and Dave and Dave sounded slightly better.

May 15, 2022 at 4:12 AM Post #2,163 of 5,620
Loving this device.
As pricey as my complete setup, but certainly on the same level!
Not to be a jerk here, but a friend recently home auditioned the 3100 HV and preferred the Weiss 502 to it. Might be worth auditioning as an alternative

May 15, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #2,164 of 5,620
Hopefully he didn’t use the stock power cords which come with the 3100hv. They seriously f..k up an otherwise excellent device.
The Weiss certainly is another great DAC I considered as well, but unfortunately couldn’t audition.

May 15, 2022 at 5:28 AM Post #2,165 of 5,620
Yes, i'm actually driving the Dark Mysteries out of a "Dark" Dave, so the synergy is off the charts :p . I've had a couple of home auditions with the HPA4 in the chain to see if it can improve the Elite. Initially i thought the HPA4 was an improvement, but it turned out to be due to difference in power cables used with them. I got the same cable for both the HPA4 and Dave and Dave sounded slightly better.
That's reassuring, thank you.

May 15, 2022 at 3:01 PM Post #2,166 of 5,620
Hopefully he didn’t use the stock power cords which come with the 3100hv. They seriously f..k up an otherwise excellent device.
The Weiss certainly is another great DAC I considered as well, but unfortunately couldn’t audition.
That seems to be the case no matter the device. As is power filtering. I'm pretty sure he used adequate cables since he's had them for over a month and already had a nice setup. I couldn't audition the Weiss either, plus the Ess chips are a turn off. Very happy with Dave + HQP for now

May 15, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #2,167 of 5,620
To give my 2 cents to the recent conversation, I can't really imagine a sweeter and more satisfying combo both musically and technically than the Elite with the Dave.

IMG_20220121_120524.jpg

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #2,168 of 5,620
To give my 2 cents to the recent conversation, I can't really imagine a sweeter and more satisfying combo both musically and technically than the Elite with the Dave.

IMG_20220121_120524.jpg
Got a pretty good deal for a DM Elite, should hopefully have it soon :))

May 16, 2022 at 2:59 AM Post #2,170 of 5,620
I'm curious, why do people use the SRC-DX with the M-scaler? What's the benefit? the improved clocking? I got rid of my M-scaler after i got the SRC-DX
Basically a way to use BNC (the fancy WAVE STORM in my case), instead of the supposedly noisy USB port of the Mscaler.
I got DAVE and the Mscaler at the same time, along with the 2X STORMs so didn't get a chance to listen to DAVE without the Mscaler.

May 16, 2022 at 8:00 AM Post #2,171 of 5,620
Screenshot_20220516-135857_Facebook.jpg

Shared from Rinaro Isodynamics.

Look at the "new" pads in the top left corner.

May 16, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #2,173 of 5,620
Interesting, nice for sharing.
Wonder for which model they are.
Well they would certainly fit both as usual.

However this is just from Rinaro not from Meze. It could very well be a test sample that will never see release.

(Just like many test drivers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back