Meze Audio 109 Pro
Dec 10, 2022 at 8:40 AM Post #1,142 of 3,484
is it possible to reterminate the stock cable from it's original 3.5mm plug to 4.4mm balance plug?

Or do I have no choice buy to purchase a new 4.4mm balance cable?

I am using sony wm1am2 now, so far i have tested the headphone which still run very well on sony 3.5mm output (90/120 volume). Do I have to get a desktop dac like topping dx5/dx7 to fully enjoy the 109pro?

Hope for some advise. thk you.

Dec 10, 2022 at 5:17 PM Post #1,144 of 3,484
is it possible to reterminate the stock cable from it's original 3.5mm plug to 4.4mm balance plug?

Or do I have no choice buy to purchase a new 4.4mm balance cable?

I am using sony wm1am2 now, so far i have tested the headphone which still run very well on sony 3.5mm output (90/120 volume). Do I have to get a desktop dac like topping dx5/dx7 to fully enjoy the 109pro?

Hope for some advise. thk you.
I've tried reterminating stock and it's a no go. It's not a balanced cable. I ended up buying a copper balanced cable that Mr Juggles made for me.

Dec 11, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #1,146 of 3,484
I know they are very different price points, but has someone experience with the ZMF Atrium and Meze 109?

If I give my honest opinion, I won't make any friends here!

When I listen to my HE1000se, or my LCD4, and then put on the 109 Pro, I feel ripped off, by Hifiman and Audeze. :ksc75smile:
Headphones in this price range are status symbols, nothing more, but it's our own fault if we buy them.

Meze Audio is not better.
"New" Elite, a little color, $5k US.... and people are buying it like hot cakes.

The 109 Pro is worth every - EVERY - cent it costs.

But in these times, unfortunately, something cheap can not be so good, on the contrary - the more expensive, the better it is. :wink:
But of course I can understand the manufacturers, I would certainly not do it differently myself.
If people are willing to pay a lot for something, why should I settle for less?

IMG_0768.jpeg

Dec 11, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #1,148 of 3,484

When I listen to my HE1000se, or my LCD4, and then put on the 109 Pro, I feel ripped off, by Hifiman and Audeze. :ksc75smile:
Headphones in this price range are status symbols, nothing more, but it's our own fault if we buy them.

"New" Elite, a little color, $5k US.... and people are buying it like hot cakes.

But in these times, unfortunately, something cheap can not be so good, on the contrary - the more expensive, the better it is. :wink:
But of course I can understand the manufacturers, I would certainly not do it differently myself.

IMG_0768.jpeg
you have centered the question: the price. from some reviews read it is perfectly understood that they cannot write that the meze sounds as headphones that cost 3 or 4 times more

Dec 11, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #1,149 of 3,484
IMHO, a single headphone over 2k is utterly BS. Just for what exactly? If it were me having bought one for over 2k, I would high likely do everything in my power to justify while in reality, there is none. I would simply cry in a corner lol. All the headphones in my sig haven't reached the 4k by a long shot. Sure I get it, this hobby cost some buck but there are lines where we should not exceed it.

Dec 11, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #1,150 of 3,484
I own Hifiman Sundaras and Beyerdynamic 1990Pros. How would the Meze 109s compare? Would they replace both my headphones or be a good compliment with one of them.?

Dec 11, 2022 at 8:35 PM Post #1,151 of 3,484
Just want to make sure that the new Meze pure copper cable indeed works with the 109. It doesn't work with my 99 Classics, as the 3.5mm jacks are too large to fit, so I assume the cup sockets are different between the 99 and 109.

Dec 11, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #1,152 of 3,484
FINALLY! The piercing treble toned down by the “magic” foam with slightly better cable (4.4 balanced 8braid diy) and a newly invested dac/amp (warmer dig.)! I’m a happy man!

Dec 11, 2022 at 10:00 PM Post #1,154 of 3,484

woops Nice chair

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #1,155 of 3,484
IMHO, a single headphone over 2k is utterly BS. Just for what exactly? If it were me having bought one for over 2k, I would high likely do everything in my power to justify while in reality, there is none. I would simply cry in a corner lol. All the headphones in my sig haven't reached the 4k by a long shot. Sure I get it, this hobby cost some buck but there are lines where we should not exceed it.
Says who, you? 2/3 of the planet doesn't have running water. I have no idea why some choose to criticize others that spent more than them on a hobby. The vast majority of the planet does not understand why you spend so much on this hobby. Enjoy what you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back