Meze Audio 109 Pro
Oct 23, 2023 at 3:32 AM Post #3,002 of 3,591
Oct 27, 2023 at 2:52 PM Post #3,004 of 3,591
IMG_20231027_162547.jpg

Oct 28, 2023 at 8:09 AM Post #3,008 of 3,591
Oct 28, 2023 at 9:14 AM Post #3,010 of 3,591
the pro cable looks so damn good. but are they worth their price?

As someone used to kilobuck cables pricing, I think they’re worth it – especially in quality, ergonomics and build where hardware looks expensive, is substantial and looks integrated into the 109Pro design.

For 8-wire to 4-wire braided premium copper cable they’re priced in inline with other 8-wire IEM cables I own from Effect Audio and Eletech.

I also have a pair of Audiophile Ninja cables for 109Pro – great value for price, slightly less ergonomic and hardware, having to be universal, is integrated with the headphones.

IMG_1872.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #3,011 of 3,591
As someone used to kilobuck cables pricing, I think they’re worth it – especially in quality, ergonomics and build where hardware looks expensive, is substantial and looks integrated into the 109Pro design.

For 8-wire to 4-wire braided premium copper cable they’re priced in inline with other 8-wire IEM cables I own from Effect Audio and Eletech.

I also have a pair of Audiophile Ninja cables for 109Pro – great value for price, slightly less ergonomic and hardware, having to be universal, is integrated with the headphones.

Have you tried other Meze cables with the 109 Pro? Do you have a preferred/favorite cable for the 109 Pro (and N30LE)? I am looking for anything that will help bring the low frequency presence and texture as forward as possible.

Oct 28, 2023 at 11:45 AM Post #3,012 of 3,591
Have you tried other Meze cables with the 109 Pro? Do you have a preferred/favorite cable for the 109 Pro (and N30LE)? I am looking for anything that will help bring the low frequency presence and texture as forward as possible.

I haven’t started or invested in cable rolling my 109Pro and content with Meze PCUHD copper cable for now with N30LE (I didn’t pick up Meze’s SPC PCUHD for 109), though I have been casually considering Norne.

N30LE’s Hyper mode / H gain / Tube Classic timbre — warm coloration, low freq. impact and texture, and natural treble extension — has been favorite mode with all 3 Meze.

I do own EA’s CODE23 for both IEM and headphones and enjoy pairing them with FiR XE6 and Empy. C23 despite being copper has qualities of silver where it opens up both IEM/headphone mid-bass, adds nice bass impact, subtle texture, large soundstage and detail retrieval. Its primary con is its ergonomics—21awg is a bit thick for IEM—bur it’s a very shape-able cable. I'm leaning towards ordering a pair for 109Pro since C23’s 3.5 plugs are narrow and long enough to inside the recessed ports.

Oct 28, 2023 at 11:54 AM Post #3,013 of 3,591
I use Hart modular cables and they are great. I am going to repost this picture because I am running this same combo yesterday and today. The Valhalla 2 does work very nicely with them.

IMG_20230922_195155133.jpg

Oct 29, 2023 at 10:55 PM Post #3,014 of 3,591
Just finished about a week with these. I could not hear any flaws. On my first time through I heard a problem with the treble one night, but have not been able to recreate it.

The last two days were my favourite jazz albums featuring Miles Davis, Shirley Scott, Freddie Hubbard, John Coltrane, BAD BAD NOT GOOD, Etc.
Today was all Chino Moreno. That means lots of Deftones, Crosses and a few Team Sleep songs.

Everything sounded great. A touch of bass boost via the iFi or the tube amps did not hurt at all.

I found that the bass was good, the mids are great and the treble is just fine.
I had a chance to sell these on and I thought I might. But I enjoyed their second time through the rotation even more, so I passed on the sale.
I don't find them great at anything, but very good at everything. And of course they are super comfortable and beautiful.

They are a permanent addition to the collection.

PS: They were wonderful on all my amps, but especially the Violectric V220. What a Great pairing!

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #3,015 of 3,591
Just finished about a week with these. I could not hear any flaws. On my first time through I heard a problem with the treble one night, but have not been able to recreate it.

The last two days were my favourite jazz albums featuring Miles Davis, Shirley Scott, Freddie Hubbard, John Coltrane, BAD BAD NOT GOOD, Etc.
Today was all Chino Moreno. That means lots of Deftones, Crosses and a few Team Sleep songs.

Everything sounded great. A touch of bass boost via the iFi and the tube amps did not hurt at all.

I found that the bass was good, the mids are great and the treble is just fine.
I had a chance to sell these on and I thought I might. But I enjoyed their second time through the rotation even more, so I passed on the sale.
I don't find them great at anything, but very good at everything. And of course they are super comfortable and beautiful.

They are a permanent addition to the collection.

PS: They were wonderful on all my amps, but especially the Violectric V220. What a Great pairing!
The 109 is no doubt a fanstic headphone. I use them way more then my s2. If you are in to eq'ing tey add some bass to them. That will add some more fun to them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back