Meze 99 Neo Discussion + Impressions Thread
Aug 21, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #305 of 582
If we are talking the maple and silver version then yes! We got 2 of them left I believe

Oh, super cool, youy can give that man a helping hand and he can get what he really wanted then! :smile_phones:

I think that the white was nice, but I'm not one to wear white, especially since black and wood feel better with metal music! :gs1000smile:

Sep 1, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #307 of 582
20170901_144432[1].jpg

Jim Croce.

Man these sounded better than I expected. I expected a lot.

Sep 1, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #308 of 582

Jim Croce.

They are very good. I actually thought about you because of the bass quantity and quality.

Sep 1, 2017 at 10:39 AM Post #309 of 582

Jim Croce.

Nice Picture. And Operator is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE SONGS!!!!
Can't wait to try the Neo out on my leg of the tour.

Sep 1, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #311 of 582
Nice Picture. And Operator is one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE SONGS!!!!
Can't wait to try the Neo out on my leg of the tour.

and to show
I've overcome the blow,
I've learned to take it well
I only wish my words
could just convince myself
That it just wasn't real,
but that's not the way it feels
No, no, no, no - that's not the way it feels

Brilliant brilliant writer. Love his stuff and am enjoying it right now.
Gotta thank my Mom for having this LP around when I was a kid.
She gave birth to me physically and mentally as it relates to much including love for music.

Sep 1, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #312 of 582
and to show
I've overcome the blow,
I've learned to take it well
I only wish my words
could just convince myself
That it just wasn't real,
but that's not the way it feels
No, no, no, no - that's not the way it feels

Brilliant brilliant writer. Love his stuff and am enjoying it right now.
Gotta thank my Mom for having this LP around when I was a kid.
She gave birth to me physically and mentally as it relates to much including love for music.
Funny thing is I was just listening to this yesterday. Listening to the guitar interplay between Jim Croce and Maury Muehleisen is so brilliant and stunning.

Sep 2, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #313 of 582
I'm convinced I need to purchase either the Classics or the Neo, due to all the great reviews. I can't get both right now though. So which would be better for me to get first, in your experienced opinions? It sounds like the Classic is the best all-around but I also listen to mainly Trance and R&B/Soul these days, which sounds perfect for the Neo. I should also mention that while I do love bass, I don't mind bass that is clear and not overpowering. I have seen where many reviewers think the Neo has a bit too much. The Classic sounds like they have better bass presentation in case you change genres. I also listen to audiobooks and like to hear clearly spoken words. I'm also thinking the Classics would be better for mainly home listening, and the Neo is a little better with portability. I do need some portability since I may take these on a long trip. And lastly, unfortunately I don't have the time, space or money for really good set-ups so everything is mobiles or laptops. Seems like the Neo is easier to drive, but the Classics are the top of the line and I may not need any other headphone. I'm tempted to just buy the Classics and call it a day but sounds like the Neo is better for me at this time. But I'm torn because everyone speaks as if they're just about equal. I guess one deciding factor could be weight because heavy phones would get to me after a while.

Thanks in advance for any advice! :)

P.S. Just updated my sig so you get an idea of what I've been using so far.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #314 of 582
The Classics edge out the Neo slightly in the sound department. You could not go wrong with either. I slightly prefer the sound of the Classics but the design of the Neo, I am not big on ornate headphones especially wearing them out and about.

Sep 2, 2017 at 12:44 PM Post #315 of 582
Thank you! I was thinking about that too since I'm in urban areas a lot. I still haven't decided yet though. Really tempted to bust my budget and get both for different purposes. It's been a while(except for the Sines at first) that there's almost a 100% consensus that these are both great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back