Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Nov 3, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #5,986 of 7,704
Just checking back in on one of my favourite headphones. STILL with the pad stuff?
There is 399 pages and I would bet a minimum of 250 pages is by "pad people". Wow. I have been on here for about a decade and have never seen another so dominated by pad talk. Even my beloved Grado's have almost no pad talk, which is impressive considering the dreaded L cushions are actually painful.

Maybe a mod could strip out all the pads nonsense to a separate thread so that us 99 Classic lovers could re-subscribe?

Shane D

Without the pads, what is there to talk about? Meze fanboys have said it all already.

If you wanted pad talk to stop, tell Meze to sell the originals and the new larger pads.

Nov 3, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #5,988 of 7,704
"Not since the KEF Audio M500 or Audeze EL-8 Titanium have I been so moved by sonic awesomness".

You don't say? I bought a sealed, black pair of M500s off Ebay a while ago, but I haven't opened them because I haven't decided whether to keep them or sell them and apply the money toward something more recently introduced.

Nov 4, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #5,991 of 7,704
Hello. I ordered a brainwavz oval sheepskin pad for my meze 99 classic headphones. what change can be accounted for? originally came to a jersey with a larger pads, a thicker one (gen2pads). I'd like to hear the meze 99 and the mint as it charmed the world with the first generation pads.

Nov 4, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #5,994 of 7,704
I have 2 really nice "unbalanced" low capacitance cablesI made for my Sony MDR-Z7 headphones.
Hoping they could also be used on my newly ordered Meze 99 Noir too.
It depends on the design and shape of the connectors. They have to be long and slim, in order to fully navigate inside the cups.
20191104_085500.jpg

Nov 4, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #5,997 of 7,704
i am very curious what kind of headphone pads you use for your meze 99 classics. (gen1 slim or gen2) write it. or does anyone have experience with custom pads? what effect the voice has on the person concerned. I just ordered one: https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/products/headphone-memory-foam-earpads-sheep-skin
Gen 1 here haven’t heard any of the others yet. When Dekoni asked for suggestions on what headphones they should make pads for my #1 was the 99’s as they do make nice pads love the Elite hybrids for my HD-800’s and fensrated sheepskin for the HD-6xx’s would nice to see more options for the 99’s.

Nov 4, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #5,999 of 7,704
Hello. I ordered a brainwavz oval sheepskin pad for my meze 99 classic headphones. what change can be accounted for? originally came to a jersey with a larger pads, a thicker one (gen2pads). I'd like to hear the meze 99 and the mint as it charmed the world with the first generation pads.
Lose some subbass rumble/depth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back