1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by MezeTeam, Jan 13, 2016.
First

Back
278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287
289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298
Next

Last
  1. mbwilson111
    I really love my Neo which is black:) I even prefer its sound slightly over the Classic ... I have heard the Classic as my husband owns one.

Colors likes this.
  2. loopfreak
    Ha, my wife owns the classics, all that's left is to buy myself a neo :)

Why do you prefer the neo over classics, if we put aside the color?

3. mbwilson111
    My Neo has a little less clamp than his Classic. That may not be a general rule though...maybe just lucky for me as I hate clamp.

As for sound it has been over a year since I heard the Classics. It was just a general feeling at the time. They are comfortable and my music sounds great so I am happy. I really have no need to overthink it.

Just get it. You know you want to:)

Colors likes this.
  4. loopfreak
    I want many things, modesty is practicality non existent in this hobby. We'll see ..

mbwilson111 likes this.
  5. BunnyNamedCraig
    Right!!! So now it’s time to treat your self. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Between Neo or 99 classics I would get the one that you think looks nicer to you. I’m a sucker for beautiful wood, so it’s 99 classics every time for me.

6. loopfreak
    [​IMG]

I'm looking to buy a new desk first since I'm slowly running out of space.... any recommendations ?
    :sunglasses:

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  7. BunnyNamedCraig
    Haha I love this!!!

Man if I was on DeskFi more I would have more knowledge to help you.

8. loopfreak
    That's one hell of a title! Making a thread ASAP :)

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
    MezeTeam and BunnyNamedCraig like this.
  9. alex5908
    Hello everybody.
    Is it worth changing the earpads for the subj?
    If so where can buy those pads? I'd like to have slightly more bass.

10. Ryouta Sasaki
    it is very high cost performance!!

11. Colors
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. I also liked the Neo better (aside from the sound) because it felt more comfortable due to less clamp.

mbwilson111 likes this.
  12. MezeTeam
    Folks, we're running a fun new competition on our Facebook page for all of you who have and enjoy our headphones/earphones.
    All you have to do is post a photo of your Meze setup in the comments and you're eligible for winning a 99 series 2.5 balanced cable!

banner3.jpg

If you're more into Instagram, post your photo using #mezesetup hashtag and tagging @mezeaudio and you're in!

Wish you all good luck and happy sounds!

Meze Audio Design. Comfort. Sound. True audio. Stay updated on Meze Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/mezeaudio https://twitter.com/mezeaudio https://www.instagram.com/mezeaudio/ https://www.mezeaudio.com/ marketing@mezeaudio.com
  13. Shane D
    Nice move Meze!

But Please make a balanced cable for my Sony NW-ZX300 (and of course the NW-WM1A and NW-WM1Z) with a 4.4mm termination.
    Please...

Shane Delaney

14. XiCynx
    Hello everyone and I'm glad I was able to find this thread. I'm in the market for a nice closed back pair of headphones and I was recommended the Meze 99 Classics based on my preferences. I wanted to run it by you all as well to see what you thought and to see if these are really the correct fit for me.

I recently had both the Sennheiser HD6XX's from Massdrop and the HiFiMan HE-400i's, both of which are open back as I'm sure you already know. But I need to be able to block out more of the outside noise, but I don't want to feel suffocated in these new closed backs (if that makes sense). I'm hoping you might be able to lead me in the correct direction in finding a pair that is more neutral, a bit airy if need be to make them feel more open, and hopefully is within the $500 range. Comfort is probably the #1 factor for me, even if it requires swapping pads, I don't mind doing do if the headphones will be worth it. Thanks! I guess I should mention that I enjoyed the HiFiMan's over the Sennheiser due to them being a bit more fun and warm. I felt like I could listen to music longer through them than in the Sennheisers because they were so much more detailed. They will mainly be used for playing games as well but that's not the top factor I'm looking at for these, just a side note.

-----

Below is the response I received from a reviewer on another forums:
    Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  15. Lurk650
    99C with Brainwavz Sheepskin Ovals. It's not neutral but it's balanced. Never feels suffocating.

First

Back
278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287
289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298
Next

Last