Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread
Mar 4, 2018 at 2:26 PM Post #3,736 of 7,704
If I am seeing this correctly, this pad does not appear to be made correctly. The part that you tuck into the groove should go all the way around. I think it is defective. Meze should send you new pads.

I have un-tucked it before fitting to headphone. If pad falls off tomorrow again, I'll use your advice in discussion with Meze. Many thanks!

Mar 4, 2018 at 2:28 PM Post #3,737 of 7,704
If I am seeing this correctly, this pad does not appear to be made correctly. The part that you tuck into the groove should go all the way around. I think it is defective. Meze should send you new pads.
LOL. That's one jacked up pad (S)

Mar 4, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #3,738 of 7,704
I have un-tucked it before fitting to headphone. If pad falls off tomorrow again, I'll use your advice in discussion with Meze. Many thanks!

So part of the leather lip was trapped but you have released it? If it seems securely tucked into the groove now it should be ok. Looks like someone was sloppy when they first put the pads on. How long have you had your Meze?

Mar 4, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #3,739 of 7,704

I am sure come Monday morning someone at Meze, most likely Lorand, will be looking over this thread and you will have a message waiting soon after requesting shipping info to have a new pair sent to you. This is how awesome Meze is!

:metal::sunglasses:

Mar 4, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #3,740 of 7,704
Yeah, how long have you had these headphones? Does the lip not go all the way around or is it just tucked in?

Mar 4, 2018 at 3:05 PM Post #3,742 of 7,704
Lip does go all the way around, it was tucked in.

I think it will be fine now. I am surprised it stayed on as long as it did. Good that you have documented this with photos.

Mar 5, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #3,744 of 7,704
There is a hard plastic (I think) ring inside the ear pad, under the lip area that goes into the groove on the ear cup. If not mistaken, it is possible that projected out and covered part of the plastic outer lip area, preventing it from going into the groove. See if that is the case with yours, you may be able to shift that out and under the lip where it belongs.

Mar 5, 2018 at 2:07 PM Post #3,746 of 7,704
There is a hard plastic (I think) ring inside the ear pad, under the lip area that goes into the groove on the ear cup. If not mistaken, it is possible that projected out and covered part of the plastic outer lip area, preventing it from going into the groove. See if that is the case with yours, you may be able to shift that out and under the lip where it belongs.

Thanks, that's what I've done while fitting pad back last time. So far it survived one hour on the go, so hopefully should be OK now.

Mar 7, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #3,748 of 7,704
Gonna order these from UK to use on the go with iPhone 6s and work laptop. Is the low end in them bloated when playing out of iPhone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back