Metrum Pavane
Jul 26, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #634 of 682
So are any new products coming from Metrum? Or is that it? I have to say that I feel quite disappointed.

Jul 26, 2022 at 1:29 PM Post #636 of 682
Given Cees left for Sonnet Audio, this was expected. Take this with a grain of salt, but I'd be shocked if any new products emerged from Metrum.

I hope that isn't the case. If all they are going to do is keep selling the current product line with no development or innovation, then that is very sad.

Jul 26, 2022 at 8:29 PM Post #637 of 682
I hope that isn't the case. If all they are going to do is keep selling the current product line with no development or innovation, then that is very sad.
I guess you can look at any future updated dac modules or move to Cees’s sonnet brand

no need to be sad

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2022 at 8:56 PM Post #638 of 682
I guess you can look at any future updated dac modules or move to Cees’s sonnet brand

no need to be sad
It depends on the sound you’re looking for. I went from the Pavane to Morpheus to Pasithea, and back to the Pavane.

As you go go through the progression you get more detail and instrument spacing, but at the expense of tonality and musical richness.

Jul 27, 2022 at 12:00 PM Post #639 of 682
It depends on the sound you’re looking for. I went from the Pavane to Morpheus to Pasithea, and back to the Pavane.

As you go go through the progression you get more detail and instrument spacing, but at the expense of tonality and musical richness.

I'd love a Pavane in my headphone system, but the price is taking the mick now. Particularly when you compare it to the Denafrips Ares II, Pontus etc.

Have just e-mailed Metrum about availability of the Onyx in black. Will order a second Ambre as well to replace the Pi based end point I am currently using. My headphone chain will then be:

Roon Nucleus > CAT8 > Ubiquiti Switch > CAT8 > Metrum Ambre > AES > Metrum Onyx > XLR > THX AAA 789 > HiFiMan Sundara

Aug 9, 2022 at 7:10 AM Post #640 of 682
Recently got singxer su6 for pavane L3 (dac2). Rj45 i2s works without any cable modifications & supports upto 384/24 (HQP/Linux upsampling ).

Aug 9, 2022 at 8:08 AM Post #641 of 682
Recently got singxer su6 for pavane L3 (dac2). Rj45 i2s works without any cable modifications & supports upto 384/24 (HQP/Linux upsampling ).

Interesting. What impact have you found it to have on the sound?

Aug 9, 2022 at 1:48 PM Post #642 of 682
Interesting. What impact have you found it to have on the sound?
I’m new to 8x upsampling on metrum. Better transients, airiness, cleaner & expanded stage standout. There are many filters/settings which can be tried on HQP/ gentooplayer. These settings can change the sound in different ways. Now it's time to find out which combination fits my system.

Sep 1, 2022 at 11:35 PM Post #643 of 682
Recently learned from another SU6 owner that no need to modify ethernet cable. Its plug n play b/w su6 & sonnet/metrum DACs.
That's awesome. I'll try out a random cable and see if it works.

Sep 2, 2022 at 1:42 AM Post #644 of 682
That's awesome. I'll try out a random cable and see if it works.
Yup SU-6 is plug and play with Metrum and Sonnet DAC for I2S. Keep the cable length short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back