Metrum Pavane
Oct 1, 2022 at 5:39 PM Post #646 of 682
Have a friend in Thailand looking to sell his Black L3 Pavane, which has been upgraded with DAC TWO Mods. If of interest PM me and I can put you in touch.

On a secondary ‘note’, there will be new products coming from M. No I don’t know what. Cees is independent from M but development work continues – we’ll all just have to wait and see.

Oct 6, 2022 at 6:06 PM Post #647 of 682
Have a friend in Thailand looking to sell his Black L3 Pavane, which has been upgraded with DAC TWO Mods. If of interest PM me and I can put you in touch.

On a secondary ‘note’, there will be new products coming from M. No I don’t know what. Cees is independent from M but development work continues – we’ll all just have to wait and see.
Would be nice if Metrum told us that. Their communication is absolute crap. No care for owners or the Metrum community.

Oct 6, 2022 at 6:13 PM Post #648 of 682
If anyone knows...how does the first pavane sound compared to the latest 3d version? Is there a vast improvement?
I've used Metrum since DAC1. The upgrade to DAC2 was excellent; a doubling of the ladders. I haven't heard DAC3, but I believe it adds an additional ladder per module (so 3 ladders and FPGA per Transient module) and apparently increases the amount of detail and resolution.

Oct 7, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #649 of 682
I've used Metrum since DAC1. The upgrade to DAC2 was excellent; a doubling of the ladders. I haven't heard DAC3, but I believe it adds an additional ladder per module (so 3 ladders and FPGA per Transient module) and apparently increases the amount of detail and resolution.
I appreciate your reply, it is really helpful. I was wondering as i was skeptical about how better can be an already excellent dac. However, regardless the detail and resolution, i have read somewhere (in a forum, cannot remember which...) that dac2 and dac3 have lost the naturalness and the full bodied sound of dac1, and i don't know if it could be possible.

Oct 7, 2022 at 4:32 PM Post #650 of 682
I appreciate your reply, it is really helpful. I was wondering as i was skeptical about how better can be an already excellent dac. However, regardless the detail and resolution, i have read somewhere (in a forum, cannot remember which...) that dac2 and dac3 have lost the naturalness and the full bodied sound of dac1, and i don't know if it could be possible.

I can only speak for DAC 2. No. Lovely in every way. If you are near Buckinghamshire you are welcome to visit.

Oct 8, 2022 at 5:44 AM Post #652 of 682
Nice to hear that upgrade worth. If i undestand correctly 8 modules cost around 1000 euros... not cheap :p. I am far away to visit you but anyway thanks for your offer... :)

That is what is giving me pause. Especially as my headphone system upgrade is coming in at £10K 😔

Nov 5, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #653 of 682
Friend in Thailand (mentioned above) decided to upgrade his Pavane to DAC3 level. There are 8 x DAC TWO Modules therefore available in a few weeks’ time. Might be of interest to original Pavane owners but should note some circuit adjustments required. PM me for more info.

Now sold.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2022 at 1:44 AM Post #654 of 682
Friend in Thailand (mentioned above) decided to upgrade his Pavane to DAC3 level. There are 8 x DAC TWO Modules therefore available in a few weeks’ time. Might be of interest to original Pavane owners but should note some circuit adjustments required. PM me for more info.

Why circuit adjustments? Just curious... thx

Nov 6, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #655 of 682
There’s a separate FPGA Module in original Pavane. This needs to be removed and the Digital boards then require circuit adjustments. DAC TWO Mods each contain their own FPGA.

Feb 27, 2023 at 6:02 AM Post #659 of 682
Hello friends!! Did anyone have issues with metrum pavane and windows 11??

Not personally. It's better to just use an end point though; either Ambre or a Pi4 with Ropieee will provide superb SQ.

Feb 27, 2023 at 6:03 AM Post #660 of 682

Users who are viewing this thread

Back