Metrum Pavane
Nov 1, 2023 at 10:21 AM Post #665 of 682
Anyone today listening with the Pavane?? Any opinions compared to newer Dacs??
Yeah
Sticking to pavane dac 2 till it dies permanently. Got my unit 5 yrs back.

Nov 1, 2023 at 3:04 PM Post #667 of 682
Yeah
Sticking to pavane dac 2 till it dies permanently. Got my unit 5 yrs back.
I've been trying to sell my Adagio for over 6 months. Less than half price and still can't shift it. F M L.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #668 of 682
I've been trying to sell my Adagio for over 6 months. Less than half price and still can't shift it. F M L.

The DAC market is very crowded today and couple hundred bucks buys you a nearly perfect device. Sites like the ASR increased general awareness of the DAC technology for the masses and peeps no longer go by the “it sounds good” recommendations alone. So yeah, it’s not too surprising a boutique NOS DAC is a harder sell these days.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #669 of 682
The DAC market is very crowded today and couple hundred bucks buys you a nearly perfect device. Sites like the ASR increased general awareness of the DAC technology for the masses and peeps no longer go by the “it sounds good” recommendations alone. So yeah, it’s not too surprising a boutique NOS DAC is a harder sell these days.
The DAC market has always been very crowded; I am find this an exercise in frustration though.

Nov 1, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #673 of 682
Is there a specific reason you wanna sell it? Everyone says that prat is top notch, depth and soundstage also and fatigue free. What would you buy after adagio?
I bought an Audial S5.

Nov 2, 2023 at 1:53 AM Post #674 of 682
I’ve shared your headfi sales link with my friends. I hope someone reaches out to you.

Nov 2, 2023 at 2:00 AM Post #675 of 682
They are much cleaner sounding devices than the Pavane. I ended up preferring the “correct” digital sound they produce. The Pavane was fun but eventually I became frustrated with its lack of precision, oversampling externally or not.
With proper implementation of ext upsampling the flaws you mentioned are pretty much corrected.
HQP/PGGP upsampling have better results on true NOS dacs imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back