Metrum Pavane
Oct 14, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #151 of 682
So you would say the totaldac is better?  What do you mean by more vivid?

I wouldn't judge stuff via price in the audio market of all places....has some meaning but most of the time way too subjective to say one is better simply because it cost x times more.  But I'm hoping to be surprised when I finally get that Pavane.  Supposed to ship this week we'll see.

I agree that this is very personal but for R2R dac I do think the price shows the quality. I have tried many R2R dac from schiit YGG, Pavane to Rockna, totaldac, and MSB. The more expensive one always sounds better to my ear.

Oct 16, 2015 at 6:40 AM Post #153 of 682
Just ordered a Metrum Pavane dac.
Before i played with a Metrum Hex dac (and Aurix headphone amp).

Will post some impressions after burning in.
My dac will arrive in three weeks, so i have to wait.
Michael Lavorna (Audiostream) is testing a Metrum Musette and Pavane dac.
The reviews will be on his website next month i guess.

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #154 of 682
  Just ordered a Metrum Pavane dac.
Before i played with a Metrum Hex dac (and Aurix headphone amp).

Will post some impressions after burning in.
My dac will arrive in three weeks, so i have to wait.
Michael Lavorna (Audiostream) is testing a Metrum Musette and Pavane dac.
The reviews will be on his website next month i guess.

Good luck.  They told me 3 weeks also and now it's the 6th week and I have nothing.  I went through a north american distributor....but I really didn't want the silver one heh.

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #155 of 682
Sad to hear. I know Metrum is out of stock and they are producing a new batch. But also the Musette (first batch is also out of stock) and the new Hex... I live in the Netherlands. So there is no time for transport. North America will take more weeks. Why don't you contact Metrum? Cees Ruijtenberg can tell you exact how long you must wait...

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #156 of 682
My rep here(in WI) at one of the two US distributorships of Metrum (Hifi Heaven in Green Bay) shot me out an email and said they(the black Metrums) shipped from the Netherlands yesterday(Thurs). He said it should take a week at most to arrive at the US dealerships so here's hoping that perhaps we're looking at the end of this next week.

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #158 of 682
This is my response from William of Metrum Acoustics when I asked if they were still on schedule to ship this week(week of 10/12-10/16).

Hello Joseph,

Yes we are on schedule!

Met vriendelijke groet

Kind regards

William Smit

All Engineering BV
Ambachtsweg 4K
3953 BZ Maarsbergen
The Netherlands

Oct 16, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #159 of 682
That's comforting to hear and kind of coincides with what I've been told.  I ordered the unit from Samuel Huron of Atelier Audio in Canada back 6 weeks ago.  That's the other distributor other than hifi-heaven.  Metrum quoted an initial lead time of 3 weeks and I've waited until now.  Samuel did tell me last week that it was supposed to ship this week directly to me from Metrum and to look for a fedex notification from them....never saw it.  So I'm making my inquiries now to Metrum and Samuel to see what's going on.  Thanks....hopefully we all get our black Pavanes soon.

Oct 16, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #160 of 682
Indeed. I am fortunate to live less than an hour's drive from Hifi Heaven so once I get the call/email I will be heading north up interstate 41 ! I'll shoot a message out to everyone once I get that notification! ahhhh anticipation
triportsad.gif

Oct 16, 2015 at 3:02 PM Post #161 of 682
Yeah, I just confirmed they were shipped out from Metrum (I called Samuel instead).  They are on their way out to their respective distribution points.  I am expecting mine at the end of next week or beginning of the following week.  Excited.

Oct 18, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #162 of 682
Alright, not sure if it's the Focal SM9 or the Pavane, but there is just so much more high frequencies on normal line vs balanced power, sounded way more exciting. This is the opposite of my previous equipments which sounded better on balanced power...

Also, AES sounded better than optical.

Oct 20, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #165 of 682
I haven't heard that, but my Audio Note 4.1 sounds superb in those departments. I am busy squeezing even more with some higher spec parts coming. I will put photos and text on the R-2R thread in a week or so. Seriously, anyone wanting a detailed and silky smooth treble, wide soundstage and solid textured bass ought to try these Audio Note DACs. And having tubes allows you to fine tune the sound to suit your amp and speakers. Tubes last 3 years at least and are cheap. The 1950's NOS Tungsol 5687s sound amazing...

BTW Audio Note Kits has just released a new top flight R-2R DAC, it has some incredible specs, check out the link here:

http://www.ankaudiokits.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back