Metroid Prime 3: corruption - how do you beat korakk?
Aug 28, 2007 at 5:07 PM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I played through it twice [Pro was a trip] and unlocked everything except the hand cannon... trying to beat those mercenary levels with Hunk was brutal and I gave up in the end. Wesker was sort of a letdown once I unlocked him.

On a pure gameplay and graphics take RE:4 obviously has Eternal Darkness beat. I love Eternal Darkness for the feel of the game, insanity effects, time travel, magic, etc though. I just picked it up as an impulse buy until Umbrella Chronicles comes out, but it is the best $10 I've spent. Only problem is, that it was my first gamecube game, so I needed to buy a controller and memory card.
tongue.gif

I've considered Mario Strikers, but don't really like football games all that much. I'm currently waiting for Metroid:3 [once I beat Metroid, Super Metroid and Metroid Prime], Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros.

i was also in the same boat as you, i've never played a soccer (football) game in my entire life. . .

but super mario strikers is probably my favorite title for the Wii right now (haven't played metroid yet), it's also online which is a blast.

Aug 28, 2007 at 5:10 PM Post #17 of 32
Really... hmmm, you've tempted me.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Better than RE:4 and Zelda?!

Aug 28, 2007 at 9:58 PM Post #18 of 32
This is my first metroid game. I've only demo the DS version which I didn't really like at all. I guess this series is not bad, I believe it is the last of the trilogy. Metroid is essential nintendo's "halo series". The game can be a little hard, and I really never intended to play serious games on the wii but I've found FPS on wii to be VERY enjoyable. Graphics' good too for a wii game
tongue.gif
Medal of Honor is fantastic on the wii, can't wait for the second series to come out sometime in october. 39 players free online play...not bad

I've played pretty far yesterday night....from prolly 12am to 8am LOL. Currently tackling an even harder boss (reanimated ancient golem.) man this dude is a real PITA.

Aug 28, 2007 at 10:35 PM Post #19 of 32
Some of the fondest memories of gaming is from the original Metroid on NES. That was back in the day when the story and objectives weren't handed to you on a silver platter. You had to go figure stuff out for yourself!

Aug 28, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I haven't played RE:0 yet, so I might grab that once I beat Eternal Darkness.

RE:0 is a decent game, but only if you liked Part 1. Pre-rendered graphics, moderately high difficulty (though nowhere near as "cheap"), and you spend much of the game in a mansion-esque area. The lack of item boxes makes the game VERY annoying and is a considerable step back, but the two-player co-op mechanic works well when fighting regular enemies. I got bored a little past halfway, it's just not that fun...

Oh, if you haven't played Code Veronica (there's a GC version), then do so. It's considered the pinnacle of the old-school RE games.

Quote:

After playing the NES Metroid for 30min, I had absolutely no idea of where I was supposed to go or even, really, the point of the game.

It's a flawed game compared to current titles.. Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, and the M:1 remake Metroid Zero are much more forgiving and fun.

Aug 29, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
RE:0 is a decent game, but only if you liked Part 1.

I've loved the whole series, so I will probably give it a go since my buy in price is only $5 give or take to get it used.
wink.gif
Quote:

Oh, if you haven't played Code Veronica (there's a GC version), then do so. It's considered the pinnacle of the old-school RE games.

Yeah, Code Veronica was great, I would put it in second place right after RE:4.
cool.gif
Quote:

It's a flawed game compared to current titles.. Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, and the M:1 remake Metroid Zero are much more forgiving and fun.

Nice to know I'm not the only one who found it a pain in the ass. I'm still going to play through it [with the walkthrough] for some nice nostalgia since I beat Eternal Darkness last night. Once I'm done, I'll download Super Metroid and give it a try without the walkthrough first and see how it goes.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 29, 2007 at 2:23 PM Post #22 of 32
The original Metroid was a pain, but I did complete way back when on my NES. Super Metroid, though, is my favorite game of all time, and nowhere near as tedious as Metroid. The story isn't handed to you, and there are definitely some frustrating parts, but the game design and the perfect music make it the most enjoyable game experience for me. And I know the game by heart, I can beat it in less than an hour now.

Aug 29, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #23 of 32
Apart from Mario, NES games were a pain and flawed but enjoyable at that time. SNES games like super metroid, zelda/link, super punch out, super contra etc. are so much better than their NES versions and for me still highly enjoyable even today. I just played mariokart and NBA jam with some friends yesterday and we still have a blast playing +10 years old games, for me it is the best console ever made. Nobody beats nintendo in funfactor.

Aug 31, 2007 at 9:55 AM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally, completed the game. Well worth my time, MUCH better than Resistance fall of man. Ok time to sell my wii and pick up a hdmi xbox 360 + GOW + Halo3
biggrin.gif

Nice. I'll be busy this weekend trying to beat the game...

Aug 31, 2007 at 8:15 PM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

have fun! it's a fantastic game. Sometimes you can get a little lost, but most of the time the game is quite straight forward. I just sold my wii, now waiting for the 65nm xbox
biggrin.gif

I take it you were only interested in Metroid Prime 3?

Aug 31, 2007 at 11:43 PM Post #28 of 32
Oooh metroid for wii! Read a review of that game yesterday. I WANT IT!

Only problem is, it isn't out in this part of the world yet and isn't coming out until October
frown.gif

And also, I think the wii is region coded so I can't just get it from Amazon
mad.gif

Sep 1, 2007 at 4:50 AM Post #29 of 32
There arent many titles on the wii that I am interested in playing, I've played COD, MOH, NFSC, and MP3 on the wii. I played RE a little but never liked it, the graphics wasn't satisfying, metroid was a lot better. The 360 has a lot of big titles that I want to play, so yeah, I'm done with wii, and getting ready for 360. My ps3 has been collecting dusts, waiting to be cracked
tongue.gif
, and also waiting for the big titles to launch

Sep 1, 2007 at 6:34 AM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

There arent many titles on the wii that I am interested in playing, I've played COD, MOH, NFSC, and MP3 on the wii. I played RE a little but never liked it, the graphics wasn't satisfying, metroid was a lot better. The 360 has a lot of big titles that I want to play, so yeah, I'm done with wii, and getting ready for 360. My ps3 has been collecting dusts, waiting to be cracked
tongue.gif
, and also waiting for the big titles to launch

I am VERY sad to say I am also not playing my Wii much... I can't really say anything or do anything because it was a gift. I'll just keep it until more good games come out.

BTW, out of the games you played, which were the best ones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back