Metroid Prime 3: corruption - how do you beat korakk?
Aug 28, 2007 at 2:18 PM Post #3 of 32
How is the game? I'm playing through the old ones first as I missed out on the Metroid franchise as a kid.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by terance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh wait, gamecube sucked

I never owned a gamecube myself, but since getting the Wii I have picked up a couple titles. Eternal Darkness is amazing. I never expected anything to top Resident Evil for that type of game. So much fun.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #8 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never owned a gamecube myself, but since getting the Wii I have picked up a couple titles. Eternal Darkness is amazing. I never expected anything to top Resident Evil for that type of game. So much fun.
smily_headphones1.gif

did you play resident evil 4?

i am currently glued to that game, still on my first time around though.

mario strikers charged is also a GREAT title that will destroy hours upon hours of your life.

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:05 PM Post #9 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by terance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
did you play resident evil 4?

i am currently glued to that game, still on my first time around though.

mario strikers charged is also a GREAT title that will destroy hours upon hours of your life.

Yeah, I played through it twice [Pro was a trip] and unlocked everything except the hand cannon... trying to beat those mercenary levels with Hunk was brutal and I gave up in the end. Wesker was sort of a letdown once I unlocked him.

On a pure gameplay and graphics take RE:4 obviously has Eternal Darkness beat. I love Eternal Darkness for the feel of the game, insanity effects, time travel, magic, etc though. I just picked it up as an impulse buy until Umbrella Chronicles comes out, but it is the best $10 I've spent. Only problem is, that it was my first gamecube game, so I needed to buy a controller and memory card.
tongue.gif

I've considered Mario Strikers, but don't really like football games all that much. I'm currently waiting for Metroid:3 [once I beat Metroid, Super Metroid and Metroid Prime], Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros.

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:43 PM Post #10 of 32
Super Metroid is essential, my favourite game of all time, by far. Haven't played Eternal Darkness yet, might pick it up tonight with Prime 3. Getting the hand cannon is annoying, and I agree that the Hunk merc levels were tough, but it's totally worth it. You should give it another spin, especially since you're so close.

Aug 28, 2007 at 3:56 PM Post #11 of 32
I've still got my save game and might rebuy it down the road used, but after playing it through twice I couldn't see touching the game again for a good long time.
smily_headphones1.gif

I haven't played RE:0 yet, so I might grab that once I beat Eternal Darkness.

I'm halfway through the NES Metroid now, it is a pain in the ass... needed to download a walkthrough or I would have committed suicide by now. Hopefully Super Metroid is a bit less tedious?

Aug 28, 2007 at 4:00 PM Post #12 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm halfway through the NES Metroid now, it is a pain in the ass... needed to download a walkthrough or I would have committed suicide by now. Hopefully Super Metroid is a bit less tedious?

Not quite. It's just like the NES version, but longer.

Aug 28, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #13 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigglybootch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not quite. It's just like the NES version, but longer.

Damn, looks like I'll need a walkthrough for that one as well.
redface.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #15 of 32
After playing the NES Metroid for 30min, I had absolutely no idea of where I was supposed to go or even, really, the point of the game. I got my little powerup that lets you turn into a ball, but ended up going to the next level and missing out on the missiles and other powerups scattered throughout the first. I had no idea how to open red doors either. The walkthrough provided maps, which helped a lot. If Super Metroid is similar, I'm going to need a walkthrough most likely. I'm just playing these games to give me a nice intro into the series, so I don't really want to get all frustrated and spend an insane amount of time figuring everything out and/or playing it multiple times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back