Metallica - St. Anger
Jun 7, 2003 at 12:44 AM Post #31 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by Matthew-Spaltro
How can you have a metallica CD with no friggin guitar solos

I'm hoping it's just the title track that sucks balls. I'm hoping
mad.gif

Thats what my friend said, but he said he liked it........

Jun 7, 2003 at 2:05 AM Post #33 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by kerelybonto
I saw the title track video on MTV a week or so ago and was almost laughing. That said, this review from a local KC rag seems to sum up what a lot of you have been saying. ...

kerely

favorite part :

Quote:

St. Anger introduces the fourth version of Metallica. There was the Metallica that took thrash metal aboveground, from Kill 'Em All through ... And Justice For All; the Metallica that got arena- and radio-friendly for the Black Album; the Metallica that embraced boogie-rock and Marianne Faithful on Load and Reload; and now, here's this Lazarus Metallica, which wants to be hard and heavy again, like in the old days. But that was a long time ago -- and its members were pretty drunk. Metal's gotten faster, harder and grittier in its absence, and the new, middle-aged Metallica can't compete.

Jun 7, 2003 at 2:12 AM Post #34 of 111
Quote:

I'm gonna get flamed for this but I liked the load and reload albums. More so load. Reload was only ok. It was a change of pace for the band. To me SandM was the true sell out album. Only a few of the tracks worked out well with the symphony. It sounded like a muffled mess. They should have played independlently from the symphony. It would have been a better more organic listening experience.

I like Load and Reload as well. I don't like them in comparison to the nature of the old stuff because I will be the first to admit that Metallica sold out starting with the Black album (though that is my favorite album anyway). However, I do like to listen to the load albums. They are a hell of a lot better than anything else that gets radio play these days. S&M IMO was just another notch on the sellout belt. I happen to enjoy listening to the album, and I don't find it to be a muffled mess, but it really was all about making money.

Jun 7, 2003 at 2:22 AM Post #35 of 111
I'm amazed that this is the same band that gave us Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets, and ...And Justice For All. Maybe they should go back to taking drugs because they were so much better "under the influence". I also sense that they are making music for the money and "fans" now instead of making music for music's sake. I hate it when bands attempt to cash in on what is currently popular at the time and stray away from what they do best. I remember hearing the aforementioned releases when they first came out and I thought to myself, "These guys are AWESOME!" Not since then though. I stopped buying their cd's after The Black Album and I will NEVER spend another penny on this or any future releases because their stuff after The Black Album just doesn't do anything for me. The new Anthrax cd "We've Come for You All" OTOH is MUCH, MUCH better!

Jun 7, 2003 at 2:56 AM Post #36 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by grinch
[p.s. the album's release has been pushed up to this thursday (06/05-03) due to the band not wanting pirated copies floating around. a leak two days before isn't going to be enough to get the word out on this album's supersuckiness, but i'm trying. :p [/B]

if they find out that you're downloading mp3s of their music, you're gonna get sue badly

Jun 7, 2003 at 3:43 AM Post #37 of 111
Megadeth is almost always better. Then there is more straightforward stuff like Slayer....

Jun 7, 2003 at 7:04 AM Post #38 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by terrymx
if they find out that you're downloading mp3s of their music, you're gonna get sue badly

ahahahahahahahaha

Jun 7, 2003 at 11:23 AM Post #39 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by terrymx

i live in constant fear of metallicops

"10-4, we're like, on our mother****ing way!"
"dickweeeeed, baaaaaaaaaaad!"

Jun 8, 2003 at 5:22 AM Post #42 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
Yeah, that album was pop garbage! I always hated that album, I brought it when it 1st came out and gave it away about week later.

What a baby . . . "Waa-waa-waa, metallica didn't do something that i liked!"

Black Album is not garbage. It is definetly no And Justice For All or Master of Puppets, but it is certainly not garbage.

You all complain about lack of solos on this new album and because of that this album sucks (among other reasons), then you also say that Black Album sucks, but it certainly had its share of solos, and also it was heavy (which of course is a must). So, What gives?

Jun 8, 2003 at 5:29 AM Post #43 of 111
This is IMO the first disapointing CD from Metallica, horrible music and over this, all the CDs came scratched, I opened 6 in the store before they refunded my money, and all of the them were damaged, scratched cause the carton crappy box, OTOH the DVD was in perfect shape, why not using the same plastic case for both, the DVD and the CD....what a hassle for nothing but a horrible CD, at the end....thanks God all were damaged and they refunded my money at the end....

Jun 8, 2003 at 5:42 AM Post #44 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by johnny sack
You all complain about lack of solos on this new album and because of that this album sucks (among other reasons), then you also say that Black Album sucks, but it certainly had its share of solos, and also it was heavy (which of course is a must). So, What gives?

There are TONS and TONS of Killer real metal bands that NEVER do solos, There are TONS of pop bands that have solos in their songs. Nu-Metal are 100% pure rap pop and it's considered heavy by non metal fans. It doesn't make them Metal, so what the hell is your point?

The Black Album is not a metal album, but Hard Rock Pop and really bad Hard Rock Pop at that, complete and total garbage, imo. They are many who belive they sold out with And Justice For All (when they made a video, which was somthing they always sworn never, ever to do) But, I am a bit more forgiving than them. However, I have never meet a true Metal fan in real life or on-line that thought that the Black album was a metal album and that they didn't sell out with that trash, not a one. That's reality of it all.

So please don't cry like a little baby cause it turns out that you like pop, it's ok to like what you want, I really don't care what your taste are.

Jun 8, 2003 at 6:15 AM Post #45 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
So please don't cry like a little baby cause it turns out that you like pop, it's ok to like what you want, I really don't care what your taste are.

You say that so cynically, one would think you really DO care what my musical tastes are.

If the Black Album is such garbage, explain how it is the 41st best selling album of all time, ahead of even Abbey Road . . .

Oh wait, I can finish that for you. "THEY SOLD OUT!!!"
right?

Come up with something original to convince me that 'selling out' makes that album bad musically, because to me, and everyone else who made that one of the best selling albums, it is very aesthetically pleasing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back