Metallica - St. Anger
Jul 2, 2003 at 5:17 PM Post #106 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
Who says anyone in this thread bought it?

I didn't.

Quote:

Originally posted by sephka
Well, my theory on St. Anger is, Lars got his drum set stolen and used some garbage cans in place of his original kit. The same person also kidnapped Kirk Hammet and they had to use a studio musician to replace him... and it was recorded in a shed.

Great theory. Think it's for real?

Jul 2, 2003 at 9:46 PM Post #107 of 111
the only people who want to hear guitar solos are pimply-faced Alex Lifeson wanna-be's who live for the dream of someday fronting their own band to they can inflict their musical vomit on others...

the rest of us just wanna rock, not listen to idiots masturbate.

-jar

biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2003 at 10:13 PM Post #108 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by Masonjar
the only people who want to hear guitar solos are pimply-faced Alex Lifeson wanna-be's who live for the dream of someday fronting their own band to they can inflict their musical vomit on others...

the rest of us just wanna rock, not listen to idiots masturbate.

-jar

biggrin.gif

True. But it is good to hear a great solo now and then. It gets the blood pumping.

Jul 3, 2003 at 1:12 AM Post #109 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
Uh, no, actually, they have not necessarily spent all their money wisely. In the interview (posted in a link in this thread, I think), they mention that they spent most of it on booze. Of course, if they never make another record, they could probably continue to get money off of all their good albums, and, if invested wisely, be rich again without too much effort, just having to lay off their liquor.

Um, yeah. Remember when Metallica sued Elektra after the Black album to get the rights back to their catalog? They won. Metallica gets paid first then everyone else...believe me, they are far richer than you think. When they tour, they get paid first, then everyone else. Their booze hounding days ended before the black album came out.

Jul 3, 2003 at 1:52 AM Post #110 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by Beagle
Great theory. Think it's for real?

I'm SURE that there's some validity in that theory, especially the shed part.

Oh, I found something interesting about St. Anger - it sounds better on a stereo system as opposed to headphones. You notice the shed recording quality less, and I found myself enjoying the album a lot more.

Jul 3, 2003 at 3:05 PM Post #111 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by sephka
Oh, I found something interesting about St. Anger - it sounds better on a stereo system as opposed to headphones. You notice the shed recording quality less, and I found myself enjoying the album a lot more.

Another thing is the DVD sounds quite a bit better than the CD. I'd always thought the DVD sounded better, but I'd never heard both on the same system so I couldn't be sure. Now I have, and I don't think I'll be listening to the CD anymore.

Instead of everything sounding mushed together, you can actually hear individual instruments on the DVD, especially the bass and Hammet's guitar which gets buried on the CD mix. Lars' drumming also sounds less artificial, and the bass drums have a nice kick to them instead of sounding all bloated and indistinct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back