Metallica - St. Anger
Jun 10, 2003 at 10:28 PM Post #77 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by aerius
I saw those...and I laughed at the reviewers. And then I felt sorry for them, for if they rate the album so highly they likely have some very serious issues.

this is my problem with user reviews. it is either ***** and fantasic!!! or * this sucks!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

at least at head-fi the reviewers have some perspective.

it looked like one guy had some serious reservations about the album but still gave it 4/5 stars.

Jun 10, 2003 at 10:31 PM Post #78 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by johnny sack
if they enjoy the album let them enjoy it...

no! metalli¢a sucks! everyone has to agree with me, becasue my opinion carries more weight than the 10 commandments!

well, okay, i guess if they are enjoying it i shall spare them from smiting.

Jun 10, 2003 at 10:39 PM Post #79 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by daycart1
St. Anger comes in four colors, but those a-holes at Circuit City will sell you only three discs at $9.99. If you want to collect all four colors, you need to make two trips!
frown.gif
mad.gif

Has anyone found a store where they'll let you buy all four colors at once? Amazon.com?

Jun 10, 2003 at 10:40 PM Post #80 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by scottpaul_iu
Didn't Bob Rock play bass on this record? Funny how one review says what a great job the new bass player, Rob Trujillo, did

yeah! and the bass is mixed so low you can't hear sh!t. The other problem is the god damned snare. ping! ping!

The album has several other problems (terrible lyrics, off key singing etc..) BUT a few tracks do really rock out. I'd give it 3/5 stars.

Jun 10, 2003 at 11:30 PM Post #81 of 111
Quote:

Has anyone found a store where they'll let you buy all four colors at once? Amazon.com?

why?

Jun 11, 2003 at 1:07 AM Post #82 of 111
I honestly didn't know it came in more than one color...you could buy the 3 available at the one store then try and find the 4th somewhere else?

Jun 11, 2003 at 2:50 AM Post #83 of 111
On the bright side the DVD is rather cool. It's pretty fun watching them rock out on a soundstage and seeing Lars get sweatier and redder with each song, I didn't think the guy would survive the way he looked after a couple songs. The DVD versions of the songs are a bit different from the CD and for most songs I prefer the DVD version. Sound quality also seems a bit better with the DVD but with this type of music it's kinda hard to tell.

Jun 11, 2003 at 5:09 AM Post #84 of 111
Now my poor computer feels violated. A friend came up to use my computer to rip his new CD. Used my ripper and cool DVD drive and got himself some nice 320kbps songs. Then I came back and said "What?" hit the del key and that was that. He copied the music over the network first.

He thinks its hot stuff. I'll give one track a listen. Though from what you guys say I think I'm gonna be regreting it.

Jun 11, 2003 at 9:29 AM Post #86 of 111
Quote:

PLEASE tell me you're kidding!!! That is NOT funny!!
eek.gif
mad.gif
confused.gif

Jun 11, 2003 at 9:35 AM Post #87 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by stereth
Thank you. This made my day:

HAHAHA !!!! Were all those people joking???

AWESOME!!
biggrin.gif

Jun 11, 2003 at 2:29 PM Post #88 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by Flasken
PLEASE tell me you're kidding!!! That is NOT funny!!
eek.gif
mad.gif
confused.gif

Oh, c'mon, wasn't it funny just a little?
tongue.gif

Jun 11, 2003 at 10:21 PM Post #89 of 111
do anyone of you people (who seem to get pleasure out of knocking htis album) have even 1 song that you enjoy on this cd?

Jun 11, 2003 at 10:53 PM Post #90 of 111
Quote:

Originally posted by johnny sack
do anyone of you people (who seem to get pleasure out of knocking htis album) have even 1 song that you enjoy on this cd?

Actually, yes. "Unnamed Feeling" has a pretty cool chorus and it's a decent song I think. Not the best that Metallica's done but there are songs on every one of their albums other than "Master of Puppets" that are far worse. "All Within My Hands" ain't bad either and I'm getting to like it. But that's about it. The rest of the CD I can only listen to as background music, and even then some of the stuff is painful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back